Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Bosses Appearing in NPC Position

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 06, 2011
Hello, fellow Wizards! This post is a bit of a follow-up to my previous post about the duel circle trouble. The problems have been occurring over the same period of time with similar frequencies.

Today I was questing through Vigrid Roughland, Grizzleheim and reached the final dungeon of the area, Frostholm. In the area, you speak to an NPC called Gunnar Quickaxe several times. The final one of these will initiate a boss battle of which you are instantly pulled into. Due to starting at low health, I quickly died in the fight. After regaining my health, I used Dungeon Recall to give the fight another shot. However, when I arrived, Gunnar was not walking around waiting to be fought. Instead, he was standing where his NPC usually sits before the fight. So I was seeing "Gunnar Quickaxe Rank 5 Boss" in bluish text (as an enemy would be), but he was standing still in his NPC's position. Due to this, his pull range was altered and I had to charge into him several times in order to finally initiate the battle.

I have not experienced this issue again, but have also not fought many instance bosses since Gunnar (he was 1/3, I believe). Once again, I appreciate any assistance I can get.

Thank you in advance