Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Six Year Difference

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 15, 2008
i decided to give this game a try again because when i was younger i realized how fun the game was even when there was only so much to do. its been six years since i played the game or maybe a little bit more and i was wondering was there any old heads left that never left the game? i pretty much assuming everyone on my friends list isnt getting back online so would anyone be down to play?
i still have my 55 life character and 35 ice btw

Mastermind
Aug 01, 2009
I think you would be surprised to see how many old players are returning. They have added so much more, we can finally play again.

Explorer
Jun 27, 2015
Old player here. This isn't my first account if you're wondering; I had an older one though I couldn't recover it sadly due to it being linked too an email I didn't have anymore. Anyways, I sure do remember back in the day when there were a ton of wizards in this game. Now beyond the free-to-play areas, the game feels more empty & they should really make more commercials and have a good incentive too get back into the game.

Anyways, Wizard101 is still a pretty good game and I like helping people out. Plus doing those side quests & the main storyline may feel repetitive but you can learn some pretty good lore from the sideworlds which if you love the lore, you may pick up theories about what they could be hinting at as the next world. Then there's the references which are always entertaining too see. Of course, some are more obvious than others but it's cool when you spot one.

Joshua Firethorn
Lvl 34

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Returning old player (though with a new account - long story)

I'm really enjoying my return to this game and in fact now that my kids are older we each have an account and will go questing together as opposed to the one for the whole family we had back in 2010.

Yes it does seem that there are fewer Wizards running around but KI is still adding content and the improvements to the game have REALLY made it more enjoyable.

Steven Ghoststalker
Lvl70

Defender
Jul 21, 2017
I'm also a returning member, on a new account of course.

Every time you rejoin this game there's something new. New spells, new features like fishing & jewel embedding, new types of spells (Moon, Star, Sun, Shadow, and now Monstrology) and new worlds and quests.

The new power pip conversion feature really tickles me pink, since I was one of the many people who was advocating it. Although I didn't expect it to be chance based, like critical hits.

Maybe soon they'll even add the much requested option to change school and name, via a crown shop purchase of course.

Delver
Oct 27, 2009
Yes, there are many old time wizards on. Some of us never left. Some of us alternate between Wizard101 and Pirate101. I imagine there are a fair number of maxed out wizards running around on the top level areas of the game. I notice mid level worlds seem the quietest, as the new players are more in the beginning worlds, and the high level wizards are probably farming in the worlds most recently added. As the kids who started Wiz at the start of summer have been advancing, I'm seeing more wizards everywhere. With all the new stuff, there is a lot to do. If you had a very full list of friends before, you might even see some of them on again. If not, quest, and make friends with those also questing your areas.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Survivor
Jan 17, 2010
IncognitoCheeto on Aug 2, 2017 wrote:
Old player here. This isn't my first account if you're wondering; I had an older one though I couldn't recover it sadly due to it being linked too an email I didn't have anymore. Anyways, I sure do remember back in the day when there were a ton of wizards in this game. Now beyond the free-to-play areas, the game feels more empty & they should really make more commercials and have a good incentive too get back into the game.

Anyways, Wizard101 is still a pretty good game and I like helping people out. Plus doing those side quests & the main storyline may feel repetitive but you can learn some pretty good lore from the sideworlds which if you love the lore, you may pick up theories about what they could be hinting at as the next world. Then there's the references which are always entertaining too see. Of course, some are more obvious than others but it's cool when you spot one.

Joshua Firethorn
Lvl 34
Sorry about your account!
I totally agree with you about the emptiness of the game though. I definitely think they should make more commercials. I remember like seven years ago I was watching cartoons and saw the Wizard101 advertisement and that's what got me to sign up for Wizard101.

I've been playing this game since level 50 was the max level. I took a couple breaks here and there, but my longest break was two years, then I came back this year in January. I used to play with some friends that I went to school with but we all kinda grew out of it sadly. When I logged on I was very surprised to see one of my old friends on and we have been playing together ever since!