Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

One in a million for Death

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 25, 2009
alywizard01 has a post on here telling people to use Dark Pact for the 30% boost it gives to your damage spell when you are attempting a 1 million damage strike and they ask you to use it both as a regular card and a TC. I wanted to put this message with their advice so what happened to me would not happen to others. But their post is closed. As a new Death Wizard who has never used Dark Pact I didn't expect it to do what it did. It took all my blades that I was putting up and used them against ME, nearly killing me. If I was further along, I never would have been able to get close to doing 1 million damage, I just would have died HUGELY. Very frustrating that alywizard01 thought this was a good idea. I wonder how many other death wizards ran into the same problem. GAWD!

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
Grace Giver on Jul 8, 2017 wrote:
alywizard01 has a post on here telling people to use Dark Pact for the 30% boost it gives to your damage spell when you are attempting a 1 million damage strike and they ask you to use it both as a regular card and a TC. I wanted to put this message with their advice so what happened to me would not happen to others. But their post is closed. As a new Death Wizard who has never used Dark Pact I didn't expect it to do what it did. It took all my blades that I was putting up and used them against ME, nearly killing me. If I was further along, I never would have been able to get close to doing 1 million damage, I just would have died HUGELY. Very frustrating that alywizard01 thought this was a good idea. I wonder how many other death wizards ran into the same problem. GAWD!
Well, obviously, don't use Dark Pack if you have blades up. Use Dark Pack before you begin blading. You really should examine a spell's description before using it.

Defender
Dec 18, 2010
Though this advice doesn't seem well timed, it is best to do dark pact BEFORE putting up any other blades.

Survivor
Aug 31, 2012
Happens to me a lot, really annoying when it does. Once I was almost ready to kill, I had like six blades on, and the boss had a hex on me or something, and I wanted to put on one last blade, and I almost died. I lost that battle.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
The Dark Pacts can be stacked if someone else applies them to you. That's probably what the original person meant.

Anyone who runs Death should know the risk of using a Dark Pact any way other than as the very first blade when applying it to themselves.

(Same goes for Fire's Immolate, too. I killed myself the first time I tried it. Had all the blades set up, didn't think about shielding at all and -- Bam! Dead mob. Whoosh! Dead me. )

Alia Misthaven (plays it safe)
Fallon Raven (plays with death)
Rowan Ashcloud (plays with fire)

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
My Primary School: Death
attacking spell: Treasure card Colossal'd Dr Von's (820+300=1,120 base attack)
Enemy I did it on: Foulgaze

Spells I used:

Death Prism (for the extra boost damage)
Dark Pact (sharpened blade version)

Feint/Death Trap/Curse/Spirit Trap*
Deathblade/Spirit Blade**

Hex/Beserk/Dragonblade/Bladestorm/Balanceblade (all TCs)

* for these spells I used the school spell, treasure card and potent trap versions all at the same time
** for these spells I used the school spell, treasure card and sharpened blade versions all at the same time

I can tell you I did NOT critical, but my pet may have bladed me or trapped Foulgaze. I didn't notice either but I was soo focused on stacking in the right order.

Additional info since I posted the above back in 2013: I did this BEFORE Epic or started running with 4 death blades in my deck (regular, sharpened, pet, and jewel which all stack). Now, with those cards, it's even easier!

To get onto the comment you stated initially, you are 100% correct that a second dark pact, unless placed by somebody else, will take whatever blades you have already. I know when helping somebody out, I did a regular, sharpened, and tc version

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
As an added tip to the original poster, if a Death wizard has high damage, they will hit themselves harder than it says on the card. And if they have pierce when they use a Dark Pact or Sacrifice, they will pierce their own defenses.

Alia Misthaven
Fallon Raven