Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Housing Improvements

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 27, 2016
For far to long my home is nothing more then a glorified crafting zone/pvp practice arena/garden/SO ON! This is fine for now but this can be improved to make the housing feel more alive and beneficial to the player. Here are a few ways to improve this extra social space.

1: Furniture Interaction
I have seen people suggest this alot, so uh....Obligatory Plug of Necessity in the shape of an Opal.

2: Shared Housing
Heres a bit of a social idea. Allowing friends to use your own home as their's so you can be room mates just sounds cool considering the size of most of the houses. Here, Lets say small homes like the Wizard City Cottage is a Tier 1 House. Small, not to many rooms. So up to 2 people can share it but the owner can put wall paper and flooring. Tier 2 Houses is the second house you can buy, like the Wizard City House with Theater. Up to 3 can stay in a Tier 2 House. Tier 3 Houses are in the Crown store and some packs. No Dueling Sigil in these but up to 4 can live here. Tier 4 houses, top tier, are Palaces and Any place with a Dueling Sigil. This is just an idea to add abit more socializing into the houses and even allow more homes to be added in.

3: Benefits to having a home/sharing a home
This can be stat buffs only applied to PVE, Roommate buff applied in PVE with your Roommates playing with you, just keep the benefits out of PVP as to not have people complain about how someone having a palace has say 50% resists just for owning a palace. Its an example not literal. Calm down.

4: Yard Sales
When you have to much furnishings, you can hold a yard sale in your home. You can put a Porting Book of sorts in the bazaar that shows what house is having a yard sale even to allow everyone a chance to get in on that sweet decoration stuff. Values are equal to what you sell them in the bazaar and people will pay for that amount. So a 500 gold desk will usually sell on bazaar for say 150. Person in yard sale buys said desk for 150. Yes this does make it cheaper to just hunt for yard sales, but the bazaar can sell more things out right so hey, pick between a cheaper cost vs a wider selection here. Marketing, Supply and Demand.

These are ways to both improve Housing and add more of a reason to get a house rather then turning your dorm into the effective equivalent to a Mini-Forge with all those crafting stations and no real decorations. I have even done that once just to save on gold. Dont get a house, just turn the Dorm into a little workshop where im the only employee. I just want housing to have more of a reason to be there other then "Hey check out my crib, MTV Style"