Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Change the ranked PvP podium.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 28, 2017
Alright, I think it's about time someone addressed this issue, what with the new PvP age coming up.

Why do non-members who don't have 80 crowns on their accounts get locked out of being able to watch ranked PvP matches? My BFF is able to watch practice PvP matches all she wants, AND tournament matches without paying anything, but because she doesn't have 80 crowns on her account ( and those Earn Crowns videos don't always work, mind you ), she can't go watch ranked PvP matches. What the heck, KingsIsle?

Overall, this isn't really so much of a gigantic problem as it is just a minor design quirk I'd like to see addressed in the 4th PvP age.

Now that I think of it, both the ranked and practice PvP podiums are a little overdue for a bit of a makeover, don't you agree? Change some things around, fix their design a little bit. And certainly make it so we can get in and watch ranked PvP matches without having 80 crowns on our accounts!

Champion
Mar 05, 2012
It's probably a crowd control measure to cut down on the verbal riffraff that happens in ranked PVP; it's often an issue for the Players in the match, so I understand why that rule is in place. Ranked and Practice are very different animals.

Survivor
Nov 25, 2011
i agree with this 100% and it takes away ur 80 crowns for watching a match as if you were in pvp

Mastermind
Nov 08, 2015
Kyle U on Jul 3, 2017 wrote:
Alright, I think it's about time someone addressed this issue, what with the new PvP age coming up.

Why do non-members who don't have 80 crowns on their accounts get locked out of being able to watch ranked PvP matches? My BFF is able to watch practice PvP matches all she wants, AND tournament matches without paying anything, but because she doesn't have 80 crowns on her account ( and those Earn Crowns videos don't always work, mind you ), she can't go watch ranked PvP matches. What the heck, KingsIsle?

Overall, this isn't really so much of a gigantic problem as it is just a minor design quirk I'd like to see addressed in the 4th PvP age.

Now that I think of it, both the ranked and practice PvP podiums are a little overdue for a bit of a makeover, don't you agree? Change some things around, fix their design a little bit. And certainly make it so we can get in and watch ranked PvP matches without having 80 crowns on our accounts!
Hello, I think you are a bit confused on how the ranked PvP podium works. The popup that shows when nonmembers interact with the podium says "You will only be charged when you enter the arena". Basically, you will ONLY be charged the 80 crowns when your match starts.

If you want to watch a ranked match, simply click the Play Match option that shows, then go and view the ranked match of your choosing. You won't be charged the 80 crowns because you never started your own match.