Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wu Realm

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jun 16, 2012
I'm just wondering how the Wu Realm became the "Land of Open Chat". I remember back in the day, (around 2012 & 2013), people would hang out in the Shopping District in the Wu realm. Now it's just loud people lol. just wondering how its so popular

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
I've been playing since 2009 and as far as I know, Wu has always been oddly populated.

Maybe a group of people started hanging out there long ago and then other people wondered why the last realm was so populated. So they went there, too, just to see what was going on. Then the population grew even more. Soon the idea spread that Wu must the place to be because it was always crowded, so that must mean there's a lot of people there ... so people who want to hang out just keep going there.

Alia Misthaven

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
It's not the "Land of the Open Chat", it's the realm where a lot of kids hang out and is considered the worst realm because of the language and bullying.

Back a few years ago, they hung out in the Dye Shop being rude and nasty. That's when the group The Wizard City Protectors got together and started hanging out in the Dye Shop and reported until they were blue in the face. This caused quite a bottleneck of reports KI had to handle, so they created the Hall Monitors.

Wu realm nastiness died down quite drastically after that. Kids left the Dye Shop and started to hang out in the Shopping District because of the lag caused by over-crowding in the Dye Shop.

At least Wu realm is a little more peaceful than it used to be. It's still pretty active.

Delver
Dec 18, 2011
Also zenmasterblue offten goes to wu realm so when he livestreams everyone goes there

Explorer
Jun 16, 2012
BrynnerOfReign on Jul 1, 2017 wrote:
It's not the "Land of the Open Chat", it's the realm where a lot of kids hang out and is considered the worst realm because of the language and bullying.

Back a few years ago, they hung out in the Dye Shop being rude and nasty. That's when the group The Wizard City Protectors got together and started hanging out in the Dye Shop and reported until they were blue in the face. This caused quite a bottleneck of reports KI had to handle, so they created the Hall Monitors.

Wu realm nastiness died down quite drastically after that. Kids left the Dye Shop and started to hang out in the Shopping District because of the lag caused by over-crowding in the Dye Shop.

At least Wu realm is a little more peaceful than it used to be. It's still pretty active.
Yeah, I remember the dye shop issues lol. Sometimes the Shopping District is crowded but mostly it's just people having small talk or spinning afk. Last time I've seen anything big happen, as in fights, was probably April or May 2016. I just try to avoid Wu as much as I possibly can.

Kayla Ironcaller 115
Kayla Fire 45