Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Tyrian Gorge is unplayable for me

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 22, 2009
For some reason, whenever I enter combat in this area, it is almost impossible for me to battle anything. It takes about 2 or 3 turns for my battle actions to take place, like casting a spell or enchanting something.

While my computer(and connection) doesn't run the other areas in any other world very well, it still has acceptable battle conditions. I can do anything just in time with no problems. This area is the exception. This areas combat is absolutely atrocious! The outside area is not even that laggy, areas such as the Saltmeadow Swamp were more laggy and the combat was actually acceptable.

I can't seem to fix the problem. Even when my internet connection is running fine, it is still hard for me to even fight things in this area. I have all the settings in the options on low for maximum performance, and the resolution changes don't seem to change the performance at all, so I have it on highest possible resolution.

Any solutions to this problem? Here are my computer specs if needed:

Manufacturer: Acer
Model: Aspire 5250
Processor: AMD E-350 Processor, 1.6 GHz (Dual core)
RAM: 4 GB, (3.77 GB usuable)
System type: 64-bit

Edit: The problem seems to be fixed. Sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't. Seems to be extreme internet downtimes that is the cause. Also happens in other areas, but not as bad as this place when it happens.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
sharkman0101 on Jun 30, 2017 wrote:
For some reason, whenever I enter combat in this area, it is almost impossible for me to battle anything. It takes about 2 or 3 turns for my battle actions to take place, like casting a spell or enchanting something.

While my computer(and connection) doesn't run the other areas in any other world very well, it still has acceptable battle conditions. I can do anything just in time with no problems. This area is the exception. This areas combat is absolutely atrocious! The outside area is not even that laggy, areas such as the Saltmeadow Swamp were more laggy and the combat was actually acceptable.

I can't seem to fix the problem. Even when my internet connection is running fine, it is still hard for me to even fight things in this area. I have all the settings in the options on low for maximum performance, and the resolution changes don't seem to change the performance at all, so I have it on highest possible resolution.

Any solutions to this problem? Here are my computer specs if needed:

Manufacturer: Acer
Model: Aspire 5250
Processor: AMD E-350 Processor, 1.6 GHz (Dual core)
RAM: 4 GB, (3.77 GB usuable)
System type: 64-bit

Edit: The problem seems to be fixed. Sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't. Seems to be extreme internet downtimes that is the cause. Also happens in other areas, but not as bad as this place when it happens.
Have you tried running a Cleaner and Defrag? You may also need to update your graphics drivers.

A cleaner will clear out old and junk files and the defrag will put everything back where it should be.

I am using an older laptop with Windows XP and rarely have any problems but I do run a cleaner and defrag on the average 2x an month.