Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Thursday 6-29-17

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Hello Wizards! Since we will be busy moving offices tomorrow (and it takes a LOT of time to relocate all those magical and rare items ::grin::), I wanted to jump on the forums and do a very rare Feedback THURSDAY.

This week, I'd like to talk about discovering new places in the Spiral. What is your favorite thing about a new world? More story to follow? New spells? The crazy cast of new characters? New gear? New pets and mounts? Something else entirely? We want to know!

Have a fabulous Friday and a wonderful weekend!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!Save

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Survivor
May 23, 2011
Greetings,

Can you confirm that players can fish the prestigious robe and boots from the Massive Fantasy Palace? There are rumors going on also that you can still fish for the code wands at zafaria, elephant graveyard, is this true?

Regards, Trevor Soul - Lvl:100

Defender
Dec 18, 2010
A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Professor Falmea on Jun 29, 2017 wrote:
Hello Wizards! Since we will be busy moving offices tomorrow (and it takes a LOT of time to relocate all those magical and rare items ::grin::), I wanted to jump on the forums and do a very rare Feedback THURSDAY.

This week, I'd like to talk about discovering new places in the Spiral. What is your favorite thing about a new world? More story to follow? New spells? The crazy cast of new characters? New gear? New pets and mounts? Something else entirely? We want to know!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!Save
The story, the spells and the Lore!!! I love the look of new worlds and the interesting world building that happens in the story!

Good luck moving offices, hopefully you can spray some Gobbler Repellent at the new Offices so there aren't any more Gobblers! (I also suggest not leaving goodies out in the snack room for too long.)

Defender
Dec 26, 2016
My favorite thing is hearing the new music and seeing the new sights in a world.

The aesthetics of a game world is a big deciding factor on whether or not I like it to be honest

Amber Dreamflower Level 106
Rowan Ashbreeze Level 18

Mastermind
Jul 04, 2010
for me it would have to be more story to follow

Survivor
Apr 15, 2014
Survivor
Jan 29, 2011
You need to stop with making shadow pip spells, it is all ruining pvp every new world release. Please I am talking from the community of pvp. We don't want them, and if you want to create these they have to be "No PvP".

Mastermind
Nov 08, 2015

My friends and me absolutely love new worlds! Here's some reasons why:

• Crafted gear - becoming a high enough level and crafting new gear pieces is ALWAYS thrilling and fun
  • Questing groups - we plan out our questing groups months ahead, and it's so much fun questing together
  • Storyline - not so much for my friends, but I am extremely obsessed with the Wizard storyline. My one friend and me have spent many hours analyzing Cob and his motives, and we have already made some predictions for Empyrea. We thought it was really unique that Cob faked the entire battle in Mirage just to get Mellori to expose herself so he could kidnap her.
  • New spells - I think it's time that we get more utility spells, not more damage ones. I think new utility spells will really help make some schools unique in certain aspects.
  • New music - I LOVE LISTENING TO NEW WORLD MUSIC. When the Mirage City Combat Theme was posted last year, I legit spent 5 hours everyday listening to it until Mirage hit Test Realm. I already spent a large amount of time listening to the Empyrea Flotsam Storm Combat Theme too....
  • New zone exploration - During my first time questing through a new world, I spend a ridiculous amount of time exploring every part of every zone that I come across.
  • Character upgrades - back in Khrysalis, everyone who completed specific quests there were granted the ability to gain Shadow pips. We also now have a shadowy aura that exists around our character in the duel circle, and players gained a definitive reason why being level 95+ was better than anything before that. This hasn't occurred in the third arc yet, but I'm hoping that we will eventually get some type of new upgrade to our character that will give people NO REASON to think that remaining at level 100 is better than anything past 101. A significant problem about leveling up past 100 is crit/block decay, and I'm hoping KI comes up with a solution to convince people to level up in the third arc.

Defender
May 16, 2009
New spells to the astral and shadow schools. I love playing around with the secondary schools!

Champion
Jun 26, 2009
Getting the snot beat out of me so I have to learn to adjust to a higher difficulty....

And everything else you said. Story, characters, gear, spells etc., etc.

Delver
Jan 20, 2013
I hope the move goes smoothly!! I would say that decreasing the frequency of KI cake days might keep away the gobblers, but I think we both know that cake is worth the risk. ;) Gobblers smobblers.

I love the overall excitement that a new world brings. Testing cheating bosses and trying to figure out appropriate strategies is always something that I look forward to. New spells are always a plus, but I also enjoy a good story. I'm sure you guys have something awesome planned ... I can't wait to see it!

~Vanessa Mythdust

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
My favorite moment in a new world is taking that first step outside the spiral door and taking in all the new scenery ... plus the sounds!

The soundscapes thrill me just as much as the buildings, plants and characters I encounter. Hearing gongs, rushing water, crickets and frogs just inside Mooshu; the symphony of exotic birds and insects in Azteca; the wind gusts and dampened sounds in Polaris that make it sound like a snowy night... It's fun to close my eyes and just soak it all up. To imagine myself there.

Your team always does such a fantastic job with sound mixing and I don't know if anyone ever compliments them. (The visuals are amazing, too, but sound is almost always overlooked when people start gushing.) The truth is, even though I do love the ambient music, 90% of the time I have the music off and the dialog on very low while the sound effects volume is set fairly high.

Alia Misthaven

Historian
Aug 10, 2009

I really love Zeke and his little quests to find items.. I would love though at the end when you found all of them, you could get that item for your house.. Like we used to....

Defender
Jul 26, 2012
Oh gosh, how could I even choose?

I guess my absolute favorite things are the new pets, mounts, and housing items/housing bundles that get unveiled when new worlds are introduced. And I don't think you'll find a Wizard in all the Spiral who would say "no" to new spells! I personally have enjoyed the "world-themed" spells that we've been getting since Azteca.

And now that we've got Monstrology new worlds could mean new potential houseguests to look forward too as well.

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
1- Challenging new bosses
2- finding new pet and gear drops
3- fresh story content

Good luck with the move!

Mastermind
Feb 07, 2010
Being able to quest without hitting my head on the level cap. I sit just below it so I can get experience from quests in the second half of a world.

Champion
Feb 06, 2010

My absolute favorite thing about a new world is the storyline, I can't wait to see what is up the spider's sleeve...

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Champion
Feb 06, 2010
Another would be the housing, and furniture in each world!!!!!

Survivor
Nov 02, 2016
Delver
Jan 20, 2013
pokemon42341735555 on Jul 5, 2017 wrote:
what is feedback Thursday
Heya! Welcome to the Message Boards!

Feedback Thursday is the same as KingsIsle's weekly Feedback Friday, just posted a day early. In this case, the thread was posted early because of KingsIsle's office move and the (then) upcoming 4th of July holiday.

Feedback Thursday/Feedback Friday is when KI's producer, Professor Falmea (AKA Leah Ruben), asks the community a question about the game. KingsIsle can then read our feedback to get a feel for what the community is thinking about and hopefully improve Wizard101.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
I love walking through the Spiral door to take in the new world. I love wondering what the storyline (and side stories) are, and gobble up every word each character speaks.

I love that the writers for Polaris and Mirage made W101 fresh and exciting again. I love the new characters, the sly puns, and the plethora of movie, tv, and celebrity references. These are the parts of a new world I enjoy. Add in some exciting bits of scenery and I'm a happy little clam!

Administrator
Thanks for the feedback, Wizards! I've passed this feedback around the new Ravenwood offices (yes, we're now settled in). A more typical feedback FRIDAY will be coming up shortly!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea