Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Should i start a balance or another school [HELP]

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 15, 2012
i kinda want to start one of these
- balance
- Myth
- Ice

Tell me your opinions below and show some spots i really need help deciding which one is right for me

Defender
Jul 27, 2010
Balance is a bit more advanced school that requires more advanced play, but can be very powerful. If you're new, I'd wait and practice more with other schools until you feel like you really got the game mechanics and strategy down. I personally don't like Myth a lot and don't enjoy playing as it, but it can be helpful with its minions, which can really help boost damage and heal in times of trouble. Ice has the most health and defense, but has the second to lowest attack power. You don't get your blade until around level 40, and you need to buff a LOT with traps. But if you have patience and persist, Ice becomes one of the strongest schools in the game. If you think you can do it, I'd say to go with Balance.

Explorer
Mar 14, 2011
Myth!!! We have a lot of cool minions, stuns, and we are the best school for monstrlogy! Myth can summon up to 3 monstrology guys, but everyone else can only get one. It also has powerful spells, and you can craft Ninja pig at Master Artistian to get a new op spell, if you think Orthrus is too hard to get. ( I do. I'm still on the 1st collar thing quest) Mount olympus may be hard, but If you use team up, You can definantly get it done! ( Also do cyclops lane last in wizard city.)

Historian
Jul 18, 2010
Balance
  • A little mix of all the schools (ex can heal like life.. Helping/availing hands)
  • Shields for all the schools (except balance of course)
  • Ability to utilize all the blades of all the schools
  • Great for buffing up yourself and others and protecting
  • With balance damage you don't need to worry about any shields in the way except for tower shield
  • Fun and different (imo)
  • However, as you get to higher levels, it might seem harder to dish out tons of damage due to lack of an actual balance blade. But training death for feint can solve this
  • Manipulate the combat

Myth

• Minions (which only really help when you're a lower level thou)
  • Tricky; attacks such as Minotaur and orthorus hit twice which allows you to get around a shield
  • attacks like Medusa and Basilisk stun
  • Earthquake removes all shield from the enemy and blades, and shatter removes all shields
  • Good damage
  • Is overall fun and unique
  • Good for soloing
  • Great for pvp; strategic
  • Manipulate the combat

Ice

• Lots of health
  • Universal resist in included in most of the gear
  • High defenses
  • You can take a lot of hits/ you won't die very often
  • Good for soloing
  • A pretty 'Cool' school
  • Not very high hitting at first but at higher levels it gets better
  • A good amount of hit all attacks
  • You don't get ice blade until level 38 though

Hopefully I hit on all of them pretty well.. My personal favorite out of these three is Myth, but it all depends on how you like to play :)

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Don't go with Balance. You will find you need help as you get to the higher levels. It's a school that needs major work and has more disadvantages than advantages.

Myth is a powerful school, even without using any of its minions (the minions are useless past Mooshu). High damage and resist.

Ice is a lower damage school, but has much higher defenses, like resist and health. You don't get your Ice blade until the middle of Mooshu, which is frustrating, but with a little patience, this school is pretty awesome.

Survivor
Mar 17, 2017
Well, this really depends on your preference. If you want an easy early game and an all around game that is fun to play, go with myth. I have a myth, and it is really fun to play with its minions. Ice is very good, but unless you think you can make it far enough to the point when you get a blade (level 38 i think) then don't do it. It's attacks can be strong with blades and traps attached, and they have very high health. Finally, balance is a very powerful school, but very hard to learn its full potential. It is such a hard school for many reasons, but the reason I find the hardest is that you have no prism. Once again, it is very hard to learn it, but can be one of the best schools if used right. If it's your second wizard, I'd go with myth, if it's around your fourth wizard, go with ice, and if our have had a lot of practice with the game, balance can be great.

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
You'll enjoy any of those. I like Balance best of the three, but it depends on personal style.

Survivor
Jun 25, 2010
Well, all wizards are made in Wizard City. You have to create your own wizard.

Survivor
Mar 15, 2012
I decided to start a balande character it is level 85 at th moment