Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

why do people do this?

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Apr 13, 2011
most of the time when I'm using team up for a big dungeon such as Mt. Olympus, Waterworks, Tartaurus, Graveyard, The Rat etc. its hard to find a team because sometimes we all enter the dungeon and almost immediately leave. some people leave so quick I never get to see them. is it because I don't have text chat? do they not want a fire wizard or some wizard with us? its extremely rude and makes it frustrating for farming or even just going in once to get it done. why does this happen?

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
I agree that it's frustrating and I don't know why they leave.

In some cases, like with Olympus or Tartarus, they might be heading off to hit up a boss for farming purposes - they never intended to do the whole dungeon. It stinks for you, but at least in that case it's nothing against you personally. They just have a different goal than you do.

For the Rat, if your team is not "full" or the right assortment of schools, some may imagine the effort will fail and therefore abandon to start over. For example, they may want two storms, a balance and a life and will leave if that exact combination doesn't come up. They got it in their heads that there's only one combo that works. Again, nothing about you personally but they had a different vision in mind so off they go...

In other cases, yeah, there are gear snobs and chat snobs who will ditch someone who doesn't meet their high standards. There's nothing you can do about those types, sadly. But do remember they were snobs before they met you and they'll be snobs long after you finish the dungeon and move on.

You, meanwhile, are a dedicated and determined pyromancer, someone who lights up this board with friendly fire. If people are dissing you on team-up, it must mean they're blind to your awesomeness.

Alia Misthaven

Champion
Jun 26, 2009
Because players discriminate against other players for a variety of reasons. Lacking certain gear, so you might not be at your most effective without it, not the right school, not high a enough level, and yes if you don't have text chat because it's harder to communicate. I'm sure I haven't thought of all the reasons, but those I think are the top.

It is frustrating I know, but just keep at it. Eventually you'll get a good team to run with.

Defender
Aug 30, 2014
I suspect unfortunately it's because you don't have text chat. People just assume that you don't know what you are doing when they see the menu chat symbol. I had menu chat for the first year of playing before switching to text chat because of that very reason.

Moira Stormheart

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
Moira Stormheart on Jun 30, 2017 wrote:
I suspect unfortunately it's because you don't have text chat. People just assume that you don't know what you are doing when they see the menu chat symbol. I had menu chat for the first year of playing before switching to text chat because of that very reason.

Moira Stormheart
It's not exactly that they think you don't know what you're doing, it's the fact that they can't discuss strategy with you.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
I also think it's annoying when I team up and once I enter a dungeon, some player moves a little then just stands there acting like he/ she went afk for several minutes. Then I have to wait again for the count down to reach 0 to re-enter that dungeon. Why is there a 10 minute countdown anyway? Why can wizards team up again right away?

Survivor
Nov 15, 2014
I guess it could be for many different reasons: menu chat, not the "right" schools.. Honestly I don't even know why someone would team up if they're just going to be like that with groups. In my opinion they shouldn't even use the team up button and form their own group, because there's so many people who are going to press that team up button. It's not fair for someone to "pick and choose" players like that. What a total arrogant and snobby thing to do. It happens to me a lot too with things like Mount Olympus and waterworks and ugh it just frustrates me so much.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Don't forget real life interruptions, internet outage, and also that some people play on more than one wizard. If they see the team is a certain way the might decide they do not need both wizards. I don't do that but I know and have been told of others who do.

Defender
Aug 30, 2014
anecorbie on Jun 30, 2017 wrote:
It's not exactly that they think you don't know what you're doing, it's the fact that they can't discuss strategy with you.
That is also true, but there is a overall assumption that menu chat players are ignorant which isn't always the case. I can understand when signing up for a long dungeon such as Darkmoor and not knowing if you can communicate with one of your team would be off-putting and I don't really blame players for choosing another team because without communication, some dungeons can take several hours instead of just one. The menu chat system needs to be reworked somehow to make it more useable even beyond what is currently in test although that's a start.

Moira Stormheart