Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

open chat question.

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Apr 13, 2011
if I were to get a member ship for like a month (using a credit card) and then have it canceled would I have open chat permanently or just while the member ship is active?

Explorer
Jan 22, 2014
Anyone can have open chat, member or not.

~Natalie level 68
~Natalie level 21

Mastermind
Nov 08, 2015
the awesome pyroma... on Jun 26, 2017 wrote:
if I were to get a member ship for like a month (using a credit card) and then have it canceled would I have open chat permanently or just while the member ship is active?
As long as you already enabled Open Chat, you will have it forever enabled unless you choose to later turn it off.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
If you are Menu Chat, you will never have open chat.

Please read this under Frequently Asked Questions: click here

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Please read the link that BrynnerofReign has indicated. BE SURE to read the very last sentence regarding the membership and open chat. Open chat ends when membership expires.

Mastermind
Nov 08, 2015
DragonLady1818 on Jun 28, 2017 wrote:
Please read the link that BrynnerofReign has indicated. BE SURE to read the very last sentence regarding the membership and open chat. Open chat ends when membership expires.
The Open Chat FAQ is outdated and not the best source for information regarding the subject. Years ago, MANY people complained about Open Chat ending once their membership expired, so Kingsisle changed it so you no longer need a membership to keep it.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
BrahmShadow on Jun 28, 2017 wrote:
The Open Chat FAQ is outdated and not the best source for information regarding the subject. Years ago, MANY people complained about Open Chat ending once their membership expired, so Kingsisle changed it so you no longer need a membership to keep it.
If that is the case the KI needs to update the information that is available. What I do know from my own experience is that when I disabled my membership for a while a couple of years ago, I only had text chat, NOT open.

Explorer
Jun 16, 2012
DragonLady1818 on Jun 28, 2017 wrote:
Actually I have a second account that also has open chat, and doesn't have membership. I can easily switch back and forth from text chat to open chat. (from my experience).

Mastermind
Nov 08, 2015
DragonLady1818 on Jun 29, 2017 wrote:
If that is the case the KI needs to update the information that is available. What I do know from my own experience is that when I disabled my membership for a while a couple of years ago, I only had text chat, NOT open.
I messaged KI a while back about it, and they said they would update the information to be more up to date, but it doesn't appear to be the case :P

Yeah, what happened to you was years ago before KI changed the way Open Chat was given to people.