Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Expand Storage Space

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jun 16, 2012
Many long-time wizards, like me, have loads of housing items, outfits, pets, mounts, etc...What I would like to see is a larger backpack space instead of non-members having 80 how about maybe 90 or 100 and for subscribed members, 250 or 200 backpack space. I always make sure I keep my backpack cleaned out of useless items but everyday I see players complaining about backpack and house storage space. (Housing storage can be fixed with a Bric-A-Brac Elixir). And as someone who loves to hoard random pets and housing items possible pay a small portion amount of crowns or gold for extra backpack space, or simply put, give people more backpack space!

MAKE BACKPACK SPACE GREAT AGAIN!!!!

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
Every time we get more space we fill it up in a week and ask for more, I doubt there will ever be enough space for the hoarders of the world xD.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
I'd like to see share bank have more storage space up to 200 or so. It doesn't take long for 6 wizards to fill it to 100.

Champion
Jun 26, 2009
I sure need it. With all the pack items, bundles and regular loot drops we are always gaining more items. Sure some of them I can toss. No real need for doubles (most of the time) and I like Kayla mentioned above, have to always sell or trash items to keep as much space clear.

However it's not static, it's not like I'm never buying another bundle (soon as I find an Avalon's Outlaw it's mine) or more packs or going to farm for more gear.

You want us to get more stuff, then make more space for us to hold said stuff.

Thank you in advance.

Historian
Jun 17, 2014
my main issue is like Road Warrior Robe, Lvl 80, waiting for my death wizard to hit that lvl to use this *death wiz is lvl 20* eh, i an sell it and get it back when he hits there, *4 days later* Why is my death doing so poorly in avalon! why did i sell the robe! oh right that hat i liked that gave more critical for 0,2 seconds

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
Mr Talon on Jun 16, 2017 wrote:
I sure need it. With all the pack items, bundles and regular loot drops we are always gaining more items. Sure some of them I can toss. No real need for doubles (most of the time) and I like Kayla mentioned above, have to always sell or trash items to keep as much space clear.

However it's not static, it's not like I'm never buying another bundle (soon as I find an Avalon's Outlaw it's mine) or more packs or going to farm for more gear.

You want us to get more stuff, then make more space for us to hold said stuff.

Thank you in advance.
This is why we now have gear, seed and jewel vaults. Personally I still like the mannequins for gear so I do not have to go searching for stuff.

I think the biggest problem with space is where does it stop and how does it impact game performance? Keep in mind all those items need to be stored and accessed in that database, updated, etc. etc.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Patrick Ravenbane on Jun 15, 2017 wrote:
I'd like to see share bank have more storage space up to 200 or so. It doesn't take long for 6 wizards to fill it to 100.
This I could agree with. The Shared bank does fill up faster than any other form of storage we have.

I went through my banks a few months ago and cleared out all the lower level Items that none of my wizards would be using but it didn't take long to fill them back up again.

I cleared out multiple items in the Shared bank as well. I do use it quite often to transfer seeds to other wizards which makes it hard to place anything else in until those are removed.

As for more space in my backpack, that, I don't need. I empty it when I am finished for the day so that is never an issue except when harvesting elder plants.

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
DragonLady1818 on Jun 16, 2017 wrote:
This I could agree with. The Shared bank does fill up faster than any other form of storage we have.

I went through my banks a few months ago and cleared out all the lower level Items that none of my wizards would be using but it didn't take long to fill them back up again.

I cleared out multiple items in the Shared bank as well. I do use it quite often to transfer seeds to other wizards which makes it hard to place anything else in until those are removed.

As for more space in my backpack, that, I don't need. I empty it when I am finished for the day so that is never an issue except when harvesting elder plants.
You may want to try crafting a seed vault and just using it for transferring seeds from on to another this way it only takes up one space.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Jasmine3429 on Jun 17, 2017 wrote:
You may want to try crafting a seed vault and just using it for transferring seeds from on to another this way it only takes up one space.
I have seed vaults on ALL of my wizards with most of them already having multiple vaults. That idea is a good one, but it does create a problem when you already have the max number of one inside and one outside. Your only option then is to pick up one that is already set and put it in your bank then remove the one in Shared bank. At some point, you will get them mixed up.

Champion
Jun 26, 2009
This is what happens when you've been playing 8+ years, there just isn't enough room for everything you've collected. We need more space. Period.

Are we going to fill that up too? As long as we keep getting new items then we are going to need more space.

Maybe in each house it could be it's own local storage, independent from every other house chest. However no matter which house you are in they all open the shared bank. Gives us a little more storage... and incentive to get more houses.

Example: I store my stitched max level jade armor in my outlaw's refuge chest. If I teleport to my dorm room and open my chest I wont find my jade armor, because it's in my chest at my outlaw's refuge.
If I go back there and take it from the chest and put it in my shared bank when I go back to my doom room I can now access the jade armor from the shared bank.

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
Mr Talon on Jun 19, 2017 wrote:
This is what happens when you've been playing 8+ years, there just isn't enough room for everything you've collected. We need more space. Period.

Are we going to fill that up too? As long as we keep getting new items then we are going to need more space.

Maybe in each house it could be it's own local storage, independent from every other house chest. However no matter which house you are in they all open the shared bank. Gives us a little more storage... and incentive to get more houses.

Example: I store my stitched max level jade armor in my outlaw's refuge chest. If I teleport to my dorm room and open my chest I wont find my jade armor, because it's in my chest at my outlaw's refuge.
If I go back there and take it from the chest and put it in my shared bank when I go back to my doom room I can now access the jade armor from the shared bank.
Don't gear vaults give you more local storage?

One thing I would definitely like to see is a way to name our vaults, I am sure most of us have multiple seed and jewel vaults. I have to keep a spreadsheet just to remember who has what where.