Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Your opinions on House of Scales and Waterworks

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 25, 2012
After farming house of scales forever, I have decided to re-consider whether or not to continue finishing house of scales or just get the waterworks gear.

I am balance wizard so can I have everyone's opinion on what I should do?

Defender
Aug 30, 2014
The two gears sets are both quite good. The House of Scales hat and robe, in my opinion, are better because of the higher critical but Waterworks will definitely get you through the game. The boots for Waterworks are better than the House of Scales boots. For my balance, I never got the Scales hat, so I just used Waterworks hat, Scales robe, and Waterworks boots until I reached 75, then I used Archmage Meowiarty set. From my experience, Scales is easier to farm then Waterworks but that's just me.

Hope that helps.

Moira Stormheart

Explorer
Feb 13, 2011
They're about the same, and it makes pretty much no difference at your level. Waterworks is a lot shorter though, so I suggest doing that.

Defender
Mar 28, 2011
I like Waterworks gear better, and didn't find it too hard to get.

Defender
Jul 27, 2010
Looking at the gear, I'd say that the House of Scales is a little bit more offensive, while Waterworks is a little more defensive. Scales offers more critical and accuracy, while Waterworks has incoming and outgoing healing and a bit more defense and more critical block. Kinda up to personal preference, though I would choose Waterworks, a lot easier to farm and the extra bit of defense really helps. Besides, the differences in critical aren't very high, only like, 15-20 more.