Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Storm in quick match Tournaments.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 12, 2012
I need to bring this to attention, as it is a crucial flaw in Wizard101's PvP system. I was playing a quick match tournament on my level 120 Balance, and I went up second to a storm, and I loremastered first round, in hopes of making him fizzle. He bladed first round, and removed my mantle and weakness with an off school wand hit. I then tower shielded, so that he wouldn't be able to kill me. He then was able to storm lord me into an iron sultan. This defeated all hopes of ever being able to win the match. This has got to be fixed Kingsisle.

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
Why pick on storm, any school could have stunned and killed you, its the nature of that tourney to be um "quick" as the damage and pierce is raised every round. Sadly these days, with dispel spam it mostly comes down to being first. As a general tip you should always endeavor to stun block first or second round at the latest in these tourneys.

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
If you do not like this tournament format there are others to choose from, such as classic, or just normal mode.

Survivor
Jan 29, 2011
Hi I am sorry to inform you that there's is nothing wrong with the situation that you just described. We need to put in account that it is a quick match tourney so there is a lot more pierce and damage. Therefore he was able to kill you within 2 attacks and hitting through one shield. Now the part that you got stunned from the storm lord is what I assume you think needs to be "fixed". However this issue has already been resolved for several years now... You may train or use stun blocks to defeat this strategy. And within team play they got rid of the accessibility of chain stunning many years ago as well, at least to their best ability. Therefore this is an issue that has already been resolved, next time use stun blocks.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
Wolfer531 on Jun 13, 2017 wrote:
I need to bring this to attention, as it is a crucial flaw in Wizard101's PvP system. I was playing a quick match tournament on my level 120 Balance, and I went up second to a storm, and I loremastered first round, in hopes of making him fizzle. He bladed first round, and removed my mantle and weakness with an off school wand hit. I then tower shielded, so that he wouldn't be able to kill me. He then was able to storm lord me into an iron sultan. This defeated all hopes of ever being able to win the match. This has got to be fixed Kingsisle.
So you, a top tier school lost to storm a mid tier school and this is a crucial problem that needs to be fixed?

Lets explore all the ways you could have countered that strategy
-Glacial Shield
-Storm Shield
-Volcanic Shield
-Stun block
-Conviction
-Mana Burn

Sorry, the only flaw here was your strategy.

Defender
Dec 20, 2012
Wolfer531 on Jun 13, 2017 wrote:
What do you propose to solve this issue? Blunting storm attacks to the other school's, yet retaining their low health, low resist, and low accuracy? Getting rid of an entire school's special ability? At that point, the game is no longer fun because all the schools will be the same.