Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wizard101 Storyline

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 31, 2012
Um hi, so I've been playing wizard101 a bit on and off for about 4 years now, going on 5. I think I did pretty well in having a basic understanding of the storyline, but as more updates came and every thing got bigger and bigger, now I can't keep track anymore. This isn't very urgent or important really haha. I've heard all these things about arcs?? and how every thing is connected. Just wondering if someone could be so kind as to explain it a little, or tell me where I could go to get an explanation, like in a post or something. Really I love Wizard101 and I think it's extremely creative and so so interesting, so I really want to understand cos I love this kinda stuff.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
There are kind of three main stories or arcs. The first is how we go about defeating Malistaire and that lasts up to DS. After we defeat Malistaire we'd be kinda useless, however a new villain Morganthe appears and we wind up having to chase her through the second story/arc. Then Finally the third arc involves Grandfather Spider. It is kind of like each arc is an adventure or book. You could think of about every five worlds making up an arc. Each world is like a chapter in that book. I would say the best way to learn the story is to play the game and read the dialogue. Does that make sense?

Defender
Dec 05, 2013
I'm sure a better explanation will come along, but for now:

Wizard City (Arc1)
The peaceful world has become corrupt after losing it's death teacher Malistare.

Krokotopia (Arc1)
We come here to get the krokonomicon, the key to revive his wife from the dead. We need to stop him before he reaches it

Marleybone (Arc1)
The krokonomicon was brought back to Marleybone when the dogs came over. We continue the chase after Malistare and this is the first world he officially see him.

Mooshu (Arc1)
We come here because we need to go to Dragonspyre to stop the titan from awakening and the Emperor is the only one with the dragonspyre spiral key. Once again, Malistare is one step ahead and beat us to the Emperor

Dragonspyre (Arc1)
Final showdown. Where we resolve the issues with Malistare, etc.

Celestia (Arc2)
There have been strange radio signals coming from a world on the edge of the spiral (if I remember correctly). We go here to discover what's up.

Zafaria (Arc2)
After a field trip, the ravenwood students never returned! Although that is our reason for showing up, we learn of Morganthe

Avalon (Arc2)
We learn Morganthe was once a head-of-the-class student such as ourselves. She turned herself over to shadow magic and became corrupt. She has cursed King Art. and now we must save him.

Azteca (Arc2)
Most didn't even know this spiral world still existed. There was a large comet threatening the world and we come here to stop it. Morganthe is behind it with another friend.

Khrysalis (Arc2)
Another final showdown world, we come here to stop Morganthe from releasing shadow magic into the spiral. We need the help of Old Cob to do it and he becomes a very close ally in the quest to stop Morganthe.

Polaris (Arc3)
Oops, Old Cob is actually grandfather spider. One of the darkest creators of the spiral. His first child, the rat, was sent here and we must stop him from destroying it.

Mirage (Arc3)
Spider's second son, the scorpion, was sent here and again, we need to stop him.

Bad?Sorry

Mastermind
Nov 08, 2015
Kelly Earthwalker on Jun 7, 2017 wrote:
Um hi, so I've been playing wizard101 a bit on and off for about 4 years now, going on 5. I think I did pretty well in having a basic understanding of the storyline, but as more updates came and every thing got bigger and bigger, now I can't keep track anymore. This isn't very urgent or important really haha. I've heard all these things about arcs?? and how every thing is connected. Just wondering if someone could be so kind as to explain it a little, or tell me where I could go to get an explanation, like in a post or something. Really I love Wizard101 and I think it's extremely creative and so so interesting, so I really want to understand cos I love this kinda stuff.
Do you want a summary of the entire Wizard101 storyline up to the end of Mirage? I can tell you it if you want.

The storyline is also split up into three arcs currently:
  1. The first is about your adventures in defeating and stopping Malistaire. 5 worlds are dedicated to this, and they are Wizard City, Krokotopia, Marleybone, Mooshu, and Dragonspyre.
  2. Following Malistaire's defeat, the second arc focuses on stopping Morganthe's plan to rewrite the Spiral. 5 worlds are dedicated to this, and they are Celestia, Zafaria, Avalon, Azteca, and Khrysalis.
  3. Following Morganthe's defeat, we freed Grandfather Spider from his prison, and he now intends to destroy the Spiral and likely create his own world from the remains. There's also the Cabal group which wants to remake the FirstWorld, and they were seen working together with Grandfather Spider in Mirage. The third arc only consists of Polaris and Mirage, and the storyline will continue sometime this year probably in Empyrea.

Explorer
Feb 13, 2011
An arc is sort of a group of worlds whose questline has to do with a main villain. So the first "arc" was Wizard City to Dragonspyre. Every world in that arc involved trying to stop Malistaire from summoning the dragon titan. The second arc was Celestia to Khrysalis and involved stopping Morganthe. If you really wanted to, you could count Grizzleheim and Wintertusk as an arc since they both involve the coven, but it usually isn't since they are side worlds.

Survivor
Dec 31, 2012
exp613 on Jun 7, 2017 wrote:
There are kind of three main stories or arcs. The first is how we go about defeating Malistaire and that lasts up to DS. After we defeat Malistaire we'd be kinda useless, however a new villain Morganthe appears and we wind up having to chase her through the second story/arc. Then Finally the third arc involves Grandfather Spider. It is kind of like each arc is an adventure or book. You could think of about every five worlds making up an arc. Each world is like a chapter in that book. I would say the best way to learn the story is to play the game and read the dialogue. Does that make sense?
Thank you it does!! :)

Survivor
Dec 31, 2012
XaZeRs on Jun 7, 2017 wrote:
I'm sure a better explanation will come along, but for now:

Wizard City (Arc1)
The peaceful world has become corrupt after losing it's death teacher Malistare.

Krokotopia (Arc1)
We come here to get the krokonomicon, the key to revive his wife from the dead. We need to stop him before he reaches it

Marleybone (Arc1)
The krokonomicon was brought back to Marleybone when the dogs came over. We continue the chase after Malistare and this is the first world he officially see him.

Mooshu (Arc1)
We come here because we need to go to Dragonspyre to stop the titan from awakening and the Emperor is the only one with the dragonspyre spiral key. Once again, Malistare is one step ahead and beat us to the Emperor

Dragonspyre (Arc1)
Final showdown. Where we resolve the issues with Malistare, etc.

Celestia (Arc2)
There have been strange radio signals coming from a world on the edge of the spiral (if I remember correctly). We go here to discover what's up.

Zafaria (Arc2)
After a field trip, the ravenwood students never returned! Although that is our reason for showing up, we learn of Morganthe

Avalon (Arc2)
We learn Morganthe was once a head-of-the-class student such as ourselves. She turned herself over to shadow magic and became corrupt. She has cursed King Art. and now we must save him.

Azteca (Arc2)
Most didn't even know this spiral world still existed. There was a large comet threatening the world and we come here to stop it. Morganthe is behind it with another friend.

Khrysalis (Arc2)
Another final showdown world, we come here to stop Morganthe from releasing shadow magic into the spiral. We need the help of Old Cob to do it and he becomes a very close ally in the quest to stop Morganthe.

Polaris (Arc3)
Oops, Old Cob is actually grandfather spider. One of the darkest creators of the spiral. His first child, the rat, was sent here and we must stop him from destroying it.

Mirage (Arc3)
Spider's second son, the scorpion, was sent here and again, we need to stop him.

Bad?Sorry
This was actually a really good, thank you :)

Survivor
Dec 31, 2012
BrahmShadow on Jun 7, 2017 wrote:
Do you want a summary of the entire Wizard101 storyline up to the end of Mirage? I can tell you it if you want.

The storyline is also split up into three arcs currently:
  1. The first is about your adventures in defeating and stopping Malistaire. 5 worlds are dedicated to this, and they are Wizard City, Krokotopia, Marleybone, Mooshu, and Dragonspyre.
  2. Following Malistaire's defeat, the second arc focuses on stopping Morganthe's plan to rewrite the Spiral. 5 worlds are dedicated to this, and they are Celestia, Zafaria, Avalon, Azteca, and Khrysalis.
  3. Following Morganthe's defeat, we freed Grandfather Spider from his prison, and he now intends to destroy the Spiral and likely create his own world from the remains. There's also the Cabal group which wants to remake the FirstWorld, and they were seen working together with Grandfather Spider in Mirage. The third arc only consists of Polaris and Mirage, and the storyline will continue sometime this year probably in Empyrea.
ahh thank you, and I didn't know about empyrea till now haha !