Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

overpowerd boss with two minons, why?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 04, 2016
I am currently trying to fight Clemente Moraga and have lost count on how many time I have already tried and failed. anyways I am a level 93 necormancer with 4,897 health. I have tried the tower sheild volcanic sheild idea a few times and it dose not seem to matter cause they get all the criticals and kill me anyways. any tips to take this annoying monkey and his two annoying minons out would be much appericated. No i dont have enough crowns to get henchmen and call me what you wish i dont think i should have to spend real money one henchmen just to survive a battle. thanks for any help in advance guys. Im off to try again, sincerlly Caroline Nightmancer necromancer.

Survivor
Aug 04, 2016
nevermind i give up this guy is impossible and no not fun or even remotely challenging INHO this is just pure slauhgter and i want nothing to do with this stupid quest anymore. He is unbeatable and i am tired of trying to no avail

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
hit the bazaar and find fire resist gear. You SHOULD be able to find gear that gives you minimal 30% resist, and at your level, you should be able to have other gear that gives universal resists as well. Remember, if you're dead, it doesnt matter how much damage you can do. Stick with defense, and take it longer. once you kill the minions with a well buffed AoE, you're home free. Dont waste your time shielding, let your gear be your shield and buff and buff and buff and blown their house down :) Buff up, use crow, then buff up and use dr von's.

Champion
Mar 25, 2011
Firetail30 on Jun 5, 2017 wrote:
I am currently trying to fight Clemente Moraga and have lost count on how many time I have already tried and failed. anyways I am a level 93 necormancer with 4,897 health. I have tried the tower sheild volcanic sheild idea a few times and it dose not seem to matter cause they get all the criticals and kill me anyways. any tips to take this annoying monkey and his two annoying minons out would be much appericated. No i dont have enough crowns to get henchmen and call me what you wish i dont think i should have to spend real money one henchmen just to survive a battle. thanks for any help in advance guys. Im off to try again, sincerlly Caroline Nightmancer necromancer.
What really helped me here is to buy high fire resist gear from the bazaar combined fortify while using fire set shields against them. With bazaar gear and my pet double resist, I had a good 82-7% resist against fire. They barely did damage to me, and I could take the time to defeat them.

Hope this helps!

Hope to see you all in the Spiral!
Nathan GreenEyes 120 PvP Commander
Nathan GreenEyes 117 Hot in more ways than one (lol)
(Currently questing through Mirage)
Genevieve HexPyre 114+ PvP Warlord
(Currently questing through Mirage)
Nathan GreenEyes 110 Couch Potato Hoarder
Nathan SilverBlood 54 Spending TOO Much Gold On Fashion
Noah SkyHeart 50 Being Unproductive

Survivor
Aug 04, 2016
Explorer
Jan 22, 2014
I was just struggling with this guy myself!
I had to come read the message board because I kept dying but thank goodness I found this thread.
I tried the method of getting a bunch of fire resistance and it worked great!
Although I did have to buy tc death blades since I didnt have my gear on that gives me damage.
Thank you to those who suggested to get fire resistance!

~Natalie lvl 86
~Natalie lvl 40

Survivor
Jun 23, 2012
Do NOT pay ANY attention to ANYONE who says fire resist. Im a fire wiz myself (which means i have the hardest time) and they just either crit or cast infallable. you cant kill any of the minions if you put into fire resist, because the damage boost is GONE. if you do fire resist, your crit and block is also gone. i tried putting in a bunch of treasure cards to stack and heal, but they either dont pop up in the correct order or you cant stack because they deal too much damage, EVEN with the fire resist.

I am a lv 87, so this boss is impossible for me. Azteca is rigged against fire wizards, and arent they already underpowered with the shift spell? also, dont bother with prisms. Due to fire wizards relying on overtime damage, the overtime damage STILL counts as (which is also incredibly unfair.)

I cannot get these crucial sun spells. guess i'll have to wait on these spells until level 120. Yay!!