Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

making wizard101 more interactive.

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Apr 29, 2012
I think it would be really cool to be able to actually talk to our fellow players using headsets. Instead of typing a conversation why not speak it?. It would be nice to talk to players during dungeons and other battles throughout the spiral. Because of our limited vocabulary on text chat it could be easier to talk to friends while doing battles together or even pvp. Open chat players can speak more freely than text chat players so it would still make both open and text chat players be able to speak to other players. Lauren Rosehaven champion theurgist.

Delver
Dec 18, 2011
Lauren rosehaven 1... on Jun 4, 2017 wrote:
I think it would be really cool to be able to actually talk to our fellow players using headsets. Instead of typing a conversation why not speak it?. It would be nice to talk to players during dungeons and other battles throughout the spiral. Because of our limited vocabulary on text chat it could be easier to talk to friends while doing battles together or even pvp. Open chat players can speak more freely than text chat players so it would still make both open and text chat players be able to speak to other players. Lauren Rosehaven champion theurgist.
Its a nice idea but you can always use skype or discord to do this with your friends (i know you can't with random people).

Also someone people who are younger might feel nervous, intimidated and/or scared about talking to older people over the internet.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Lauren rosehaven 1... on Jun 4, 2017 wrote:
This idea would probably create some issues that KI is trying very hard to avoid. @Ryan Deathstorm has already mentioned other options that many are already using just for this reason.

If KI were to implement something like this, I think they would also have to change their rating. Since they currently have a rating of E10+, this being added would open up too many chances for predators to be able to chat up young players who have been able to obtain open chat. Yes, that does happen. Some don't pay attention to the rules of age for chat in the game so, NO.

It would also make it harder for KI to track and store CHAT LOGS.

Historian
Jun 17, 2014
microphone chat is age 25+ and only people with a microphone, or are 25+ can hear it?

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
camahawk on Jun 6, 2017 wrote:
microphone chat is age 25+ and only people with a microphone, or are 25+ can hear it?
I think it would be best just to use the third party resources as outlined above. I don't think that the issue is some 22 year old playing Wizard101. It's the 13 year old that says they are 27 just so they could use the service. Again, my now infamous argument, I would rather they focused on other things.

Historian
Jun 17, 2014
exp613 on Jun 6, 2017 wrote:
I think it would be best just to use the third party resources as outlined above. I don't think that the issue is some 22 year old playing Wizard101. It's the 13 year old that says they are 27 just so they could use the service. Again, my now infamous argument, I would rather they focused on other things.
well an easy counterclaim is, if you set your age to 25+ and you're not.... what you hear is your fault.... not KingsIsles... they set the boundaries, you broke them.... but how ever it works, it works

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
camahawk on Jun 7, 2017 wrote:
well an easy counterclaim is, if you set your age to 25+ and you're not.... what you hear is your fault.... not KingsIsles... they set the boundaries, you broke them.... but how ever it works, it works
I never said it was KI's fault? My point was more along the lines of a) I don't think that 25+ is really a realistic or appropriate age. What are you trying to prevent 18-24 year olds from hearing? Many people of that age group have or will shortly move out of the house and effectively would function in much the same way? and b) I don't know if it would be a good idea, because I feel like KI should do other things. c) Just use the Third Party Application

If I understand correctly they will be adding new phrases to the Menu chat though haha