Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 6-2-17

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 07, 2011
Please bring back the ticket lady Tracy castleton in digmoore station

Ryan Wildblood lvl116

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
rianrocks576 on Jun 4, 2017 wrote:
It would be cool to see a new exalted/archmage or master duel
Ryan Wildblood lvl 116
Absolutely yes! There are 7 of them and I'm bored doing the same ones over and over. Why not add at least 5 more different ones.

Survivor
May 13, 2010
I definitely think better camera angles and new textures/layouts for earlier areas would be fantastic like swordroll said. I also think that perhaps making "smarter" monsters or making a couple of the earlier storyline bosses cheat would be cool. My favorite thing about the game is when you have to work as a team to complete certain battles because they are too difficult to solo. (Or when you put in a lot of time and somehow manage to solo the most difficult battles. ) Over the years I've gotten some of my friends to play Wizard101, but in the end they all stopped playing because it "felt like the same thing over and over." I hate to admit it, but I do kind of agree for the earlier worlds. The battles don't vary that much from Wizard City to Dragonspyre and the monsters aren't that hard to beat, which is why more difficult battles are highly needed.

When Mirage first came out I remember that I died during my first encounter with the scaly trengils (only the 3rd or 4th quest!). The trengils were "smart" enough to give each other multiple boosts and then use their massive natural attack to kill me in one hit! It made me realize that I needed to rework my whole strategy for battling because the most common monsters were now strong enough to kill someone! It made me realize that there are so many different approaches with how to fight a monster and It was the most fun I'd had playing the game since I first downloaded it 7 years ago. Giving the same "intelligence" to the average monster in the first two story arcs should make battling just as fun in the early game.

Giving a handful of the main bosses like lord nightshade and the jade oni cheats would make the game a lot more enticing to play as well. It would help support team strategizing in the earlier worlds and make farming in the early game less tedious as well.

I really enjoy seeing all the community's ideas added to the game. It really does keep everyone active and interested in the future of the game!

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
It's kind of the opposite. I want later worlds to have easier access to blue and red wisps such as earlier worlds tend to have.

I do like Mooshu where the town square area has the vendors hanging out in one spot and easy to find. Some later worlds you have to trek around quite a bit to find the vendors or Zeke. I am looking at you, Dragonspyre and Zafaria.

Defender
Apr 06, 2013
Professor Falmea on Jun 2, 2017 wrote:
Happy Friday, Wizards! It's Friday, and it is now time for a chat.

Last week, we talked about what you would have liked as a new Wizards (mounts by far, duly noted!). This week, let's look at another angle. Is there anything we do in later worlds that you'd like to see retrofit into earlier ones? For example, we did a lot more cinematic cameras in Polaris and beyond. We've been working to update cameras through the whole story to do that as well. Something like that, perhaps?

Have a wonderful weekend in the sunny summer sun!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!Save
Improved the graphics, not a lot, but like polaris and mirage and like in khrysalis and later worlds, have the npcs help us out in our sides. That is what I like to see in the first few worlds.

Alejandro

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
SparkleTude on Jun 4, 2017 wrote:
It's kind of the opposite. I want later worlds to have easier access to blue and red wisps such as earlier worlds tend to have.

I do like Mooshu where the town square area has the vendors hanging out in one spot and easy to find. Some later worlds you have to trek around quite a bit to find the vendors or Zeke. I am looking at you, Dragonspyre and Zafaria.
This!!

I don't know why I didn't think of it.

Having those health and mana wisps floating in various areas of Mirage was really helpful when grinding for faction badges. Even better, having that ton of wisps in Caravan was incredible for speeding up dungeon runs. I could port to the common area after a battle and recall back with full health/mana within 10 seconds!

Having a similar set-up for Zafaria, Avalon, Azteca, Khrysalis, etc would help speed up the healing and therefore, reduce the time between battles. ... Please pay special attention to Zafaria: Mana wisps there are ridiculously scarce!

Alia Misthaven

Defender
Jul 26, 2012
One small thing I might like to see is added more non-interactable NPCs wandering around. You see a little bit of this in Mooshu's Jade Palace with a few goat monks. Marleybone's Regent's Square has some wandering constables as well.

It helps make earlier worlds feel a little bit more "alive" and occupied. Especially areas that are supposed to be densely populated like towns, cities, or villages.

Defender
Aug 30, 2014
I know this would be hard but it would be amazing if the earlier worlds especially Mooshu and Marleybone could be made more like their Pirate101 counterparts in layout and design. The first time I was in Mooshu in Pirate101, I was blown away by how beautiful it was and I kept wishing that Wizard101's Mooshu had the same graphics. The same for Marleybone, Pirate's Marleybone makes you feel like you are actually there running about in the world because the design drew you in especially with the fog. I absolutely loved both worlds in Pirate just because they were so fun to explore.

If there was any way Wizard could also become that way in the earlier worlds: Mooshu, Marleybone, Celestia and Dragonspyre especially, that would be wonderful

Moira Stormheart

Hero
May 07, 2015
more cinematic cut scenes! there was this one quest, in khrysalis where you had to free the guy from wax I think, where a cutscene would be nice. and more exalted/archmage/master duels! please?

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
I think more animations for NPCs would be cool. Along with the other suggestions people have mentioned. However I think an easy one might be ambient dialogue. Especially in Caravan how everyone is constantly talking in the background. That might be something that could be done quickly/"effortlessly".

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
exp613 on Jun 6, 2017 wrote:
I think more animations for NPCs would be cool. Along with the other suggestions people have mentioned. However I think an easy one might be ambient dialogue. Especially in Caravan how everyone is constantly talking in the background. That might be something that could be done quickly/"effortlessly".
True -- the clerks behind the counters in Wizard City are like animatronics.

They could be a bit more lifelike.

Survivor
Dec 14, 2011
I would not like the earlier worlds to be updated, the way that they are has a certain charm that you feel when you go to these old worlds. I am a very nostalgic person so this may be one of the reasons I want this nostalgia to be preserved

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
This may be a little off topic but I noticed there're Headless Horsemen, Bonetree Lord, Storm Hound and Brulee Sucre tc. Please make them craftible?

Survivor
Sep 23, 2011
I'd have to plea with the animations on the bow. You could easily make the animations for it better in the later worlds or even before it. Something, like shooting 3 shots in the air and having it hit whom it was intended to hit, will do wonders for that animation. Getting back what I'd like to see as one poster said about badges and how they are done in Mirage which I find excellent. And of course, the number one feature people are begging for is a return to crafting please put it back for gear and other things like items. Now it shouldn't be overpowering but should at least match malistares gear with a twist. Although the animations in both Polaris and Mirage were excellent it does rival wisteria which was to me animation wise the best. Shadowlightning101 120

Survivor
Sep 23, 2011
Also speaking on a bit of change please scale special event like Holloween for players who are upper level to make them worth doing. This is an easy fix that can make them a bit relevant to do. the rewards for someone at max level for any of that Holloween also should reflect level. I have not done a Holloween event in about 3 years. Most would agree with this. It also does not need to be changed for lower level as scaling it to level would make a bit of sense and since it is a one-time event people trying to power level wouldn't be able to do so using this type of strategy. Please make these events more rewarding thanks. shadowlightning101 120 120 112

Squire
Jun 13, 2011
Professor Falmea on Jun 2, 2017 wrote:
Happy Friday, Wizards! It's Friday, and it is now time for a chat.

Last week, we talked about what you would have liked as a new Wizards (mounts by far, duly noted!). This week, let's look at another angle. Is there anything we do in later worlds that you'd like to see retrofit into earlier ones? For example, we did a lot more cinematic cameras in Polaris and beyond. We've been working to update cameras through the whole story to do that as well. Something like that, perhaps?

Have a wonderful weekend in the sunny summer sun!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!Save
Well, the things I would really like from later worlds retrofitted into earlier worlds, I really think you would greatly give the past characters' models a polygon upgrade, give them more polygons to make them more detailed enough for their eyes to blink, their mouths to move, their hands having all their fingers to move instead of being bundled in one old model, and even have custom-made storyboard animations for cutscenes, even, if you can, have them lip synced to the voiceovers while talking, and give them some well-deserved texture upgrades while retaining their original styles, including Merle Ambrose, Morganthe, Malistaire, Sherlock Bones, Watson, Yoshihito, Cyrus, the Ravenwood trees, Bartleby, & many more.

Those are way overdue, anyway, and what better way to do and maintain graphical upkeep than that?

There should also be those amazing music stingers and original cutscene music played in earlier worlds, like how it was really done in many specific moments in Polaris and Mirage! I would really like those in, even in Dragonspyre and much more in Khrysalis, including replacing the recycled themes from Khrysalis' zones where Shadow Morganthe uses too much power from the Song of Creation that led to her downfall!

Oh, and make certain moments in the story non-player controlled, like the moment where Morganthe got expelled in the 2nd Chamber of the Mind after the duel with Malistaire, E.G. We should have many more like the one where the Mimic shows up and we get instantly pulled into a duel with it.

My hopes are that these get retrofitted for earlier worlds, major and side, real soon. Please do so!

Oh, by the way, you missed updating the cinematic cameras in Zafaria, Grizzleheim, Wintertusk, and Wysteria. I looked at that myself while I was in the Black Palace in Zafaria.

Administrator
Thanks for the feedback folks! This is a great list for us to consider for future updates. FYI, crafters, in the next few updates, you should have some nice surprises. ::grin::

New FF coming up shortly!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea