Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The Trees of Ravenwood

AuthorMessage
A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Do you know what we all forget about? The Trees! I haven't spoke to them for a very very long time, I think I was helping Boris Tallstaff back when I was a student write an article about the History of Magic, and we didn't really talk at all about their history! They must be fairly ancient beings themselves, similar to the Immortals or Spider's Children (I don't think that it's much of a stretch to say that they are probably Bartleby's Children or Grandchildren.) I can't believe that I haven't really spoke that much with them. I mean I spoke with Kelvin a little bit, while I was learning some spells, but I imagine there is a lot more that he and his counterparts could tell me. I mean I remember when I went to Darkmoor it was because Malistaire left a possessed message through Mortis. I mean even being able to communicate with Professor Greyrose by letting Kelvin know might have its uses. Anyway that got me to wondering what information/stuff do you know about your school tree? I know I've passed by Torrence a million times, but he always just seems sad and I don't know why... Perhaps we should all take some time to know our school trees a little better? Not to mention that they seemed to have some sort of significance at Dragonspyre Academy too. Also I know Mortis mentioned that he was brought to Wizard City by Merle Ambrose from Darkmoor so I wonder if there are more "Death Trees" out there in the spiral? (The other schools as well?) My one friend, mentioned that Ivan, The Myth Tree is the only reason that he didn't quit the Myth School at one point, as we all know how difficult Professor Drake can be at times. I guess my question is, does anyone have any information or insights into the trees of Ravenwood? Especially their histories? They seem to know a bit about their respective schools of magic!

Champion
Mar 05, 2012
I need to know about the Blue Aspen in the Arcanum

Who is She? her roots are recycling Stuff of the Stars through the Arcanum; I've been hoping for some back story on this particular Tree - it has piqued my curiosity since that area was introduced.

Tree Lore would be Fun Indeed.

Champion
Mar 25, 2011
Lovely idea! Yeah! Let's show wizards that Bartleby and Grandmother Raven aren't the only reasons Ravenwood has it's name!

Hope to see you all in the Spiral!
Nathan GreenEyes 120 PvP Commander
Nathan GreenEyes 117 Hot in more ways than one (lol)
(Currently questing through Mirage)
Genevieve HexPyre 114+ PvP Warlord
(Currently questing through Mirage)
Nathan GreenEyes 110 Couch Potato Hoarder
Nathan SilverBlood 52 Spending TOO Much Gold On Fashion
Noah SkyHeart 50 Being Unproductive

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
I love trees. I love the tree stories and I love their different tales and personalities.

I love when a world is mostly outdoors with lovely living trees.

The worlds with burnt, dead trees or with a wrecked nature setting are discordant and sad for me to be in. I get through those as fast as I can.

I love Mooshu and Avalon because it celebrates nature.
Now I sound like I literally worship nature. I do not. I simply love and respect it.

Explorer
Apr 29, 2012
I think thats a brilliant idea!! I havent spoken to Blossom in a while either!! Would love to see what else she has to offer us wizards. Lauren Rosehaven Lvl 120 Theurgist.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Hmm, what also is interesting is Moros, The Doom Tree. He seems to have been created by Morganthe. We learn that he is an "arcane brace" used to house a large weight of magical energy. And Morganthe planned to make him the new "Bartleby" of the Shadow Web. Does that effectively make him in some regards as a conscious battery for Shadow Magic? I wonder how much Grandfather Spider played in Moros's creation. I do still think that there is a lot more to learn from the trees. I wonder if they will be playing a greater role in the next world/if we will meet other trees? And yes, the tree in the Arcanum is also rather interesting. As you are right that she too seems to be storing or redirecting magical energy. It does however make me wonder why she is asleep/unconscious? I also wonder if she is an old tree or a young tree? The only way to find that out using my Muggle skills probably wouldn't be appreciated by the tree, though it may wake her up... Hopefully, we'll be able to get more information about the Trees! The Death Tree in Dragonspyre Academy wouldn't talk to me, so I hope I didn't do anything to offend him.

Survivor
Dec 17, 2011
Just so you guys know there are 2 other trees in dragonspyre. There is aby the fire tree that the dragon titan left alive and the mysterious death tree.

Historian
Jun 17, 2014
frostking1234 on Jun 7, 2017 wrote:
Just so you guys know there are 2 other trees in dragonspyre. There is aby the fire tree that the dragon titan left alive and the mysterious death tree.
Ashley*

Delver
Jun 17, 2012
camahawk on Jun 7, 2017 wrote:
Ashley*
Yes, the fire tree's name is Ashley.

I have no idea what 'mysterious death tree' you are talking about.

Survivor
Mar 03, 2013
NeoNebula17 on Jun 8, 2017 wrote:
Yes, the fire tree's name is Ashley.

I have no idea what 'mysterious death tree' you are talking about.
There's another tree in DS Academy that resembles a "mysterious death tree", but it's not marked as an NPC

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
SparkleTude on Jun 4, 2017 wrote:
I love trees. I love the tree stories and I love their different tales and personalities.

I love when a world is mostly outdoors with lovely living trees.

The worlds with burnt, dead trees or with a wrecked nature setting are discordant and sad for me to be in. I get through those as fast as I can.

I love Mooshu and Avalon because it celebrates nature.
Now I sound like I literally worship nature. I do not. I simply love and respect it.
Tree Hugger!