Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Help for Efreet Spell!

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jan 30, 2014
I know you can't exactly help someone with their spell quests but I tried Stomokhet or whatever his name is; four times and I died within the first turn every time because I'd cast a blade, he'd cast a hex and then use either Icezilla, or Ice golem, he would critical, taking away half my health. Then his stupid rank 10 minion would kill me with a Stormzilla. This is upsetting considering I also had -50% and his attack for Ice Kraken still did 600 damage.

Tips? Tricks?

~ Alexis 66

Survivor
Apr 05, 2015
Well, first of all I'm not a fire wizard and I never fought the boss myself, but I have a suggestion for you which is buying fire shield TC and spam them (I'm pretty sure the boss is fire). Then make sure you take out that minion by single shot or aoe which is really up to you. After doing this you will end up in a 1v1 with the boss, keep spamming fire shield while blading and trapping the boss. When you feel you have enough blades and traps to kill, enchant your attack and go for it.

Don't forget packing a few prisms and good luck getting efreet

Kane, Level 77 Transcendent Necromancer

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Next time, cast an Ice/Storm shield on your first turn. Then cast another one. Or, use Fortify on your first turn to at least take the edge off their attacks without drawing a Hex onto yourself.

He's going to keep unleashing severe damage until he runs out of pips, so your only option is to start out defensive. That means, carry shields against him; change your gear to improve your resistance and critical block; carry healing spells and recover some health before you try to set up a hit on the minion.

As soon as you can, kill the minion using traps and an enchanted Helephant.

Continue shielding and healing yourself while chipping away at the boss's health. If I remember correctly, he will punish you for using 'charms,' so that means you can't use blades. Take them out of your spell deck. Use traps and your Wildfire bubble instead. Some people swear by using your fire minion, other say just keep burning him down with DoTs yourself. Either way, pull out spells you haven't used in a while, like Heckhound and Scald.

If you've got the Crowns, you might consider buying a Life henchman - the level 50 dragon or level 70 gorilla are both fairly inexpensive as far as henchmen go and yet quite good at healing. They will also draw fire away from you, giving you some breathing room to set up your attack. The gorilla has higher health and resist than the dragon - he's more expensive (100 Crowns) but he also lasts longer.

Alia Misthaven, 120
Rowan Ashcloud, 120

Survivor
Apr 05, 2015
I'm sorry I mean buy ice shield TC and put them in your side deck. I thought the boss was fire.

Explorer
Feb 13, 2011
Unfortunately, this boss is the hardest for all the spells based solely on cheats. Start with a glacial shield (careful, it will cause you to be stunned). On the third round you can either shield if you want or kill the minion as fast as possible. You should have a lot of pips by now, and, if you are prepared with tc enchants and good gear, you should be able to one shot it. After that, put up a minion (regular, just your normal minion) and an aura and/or a bubble, and hit away.