Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Waterworks gear in Wintertusk?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 27, 2013
I heard from a response to another thread I made that you can craft Waterworks Gear in Wintertusk. Who sells the recipes? I'd like to get the gear asap before I start Azteca.

Delver
Jun 14, 2016
No, you can't. The gear recipes are for level 56 gear that's almost as good as Waterworks.

In particular, I tend to use the hat for the item blade.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Not quite.

Waterworks is the very best for level 60 up to about 100, but what you can craft in Wintertusk at level 56 also provides good enough damage and defense that some people choose to just craft that gear instead of grinding a long dungeon with a low drop rate.

It's not the same gear; it's just a really good alternative.

Alia Misthaven

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Oops! forgot to answer your actual question...

The clothing recipes are sold by Carax Strongthread in Sudrilund.
The ring, athame and amulet recipes are sold by Ingulf the Grower in Vestrilund.

You can buy their recipes even if you haven't quested that far into Wintertusk, so long as someone is willing to port you there.

Alia Misthaven

Defender
Dec 06, 2009
You cannot craft Waterworks gear in Wintertusk, but you can craft gear that is nearly as good. Don't remember who the vendor is, but it shouldn't be hard to find them as you would have to complete a quest for them before you can buy the recipes.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Goldenoak1 on May 20, 2017 wrote:
You cannot craft Waterworks gear in Wintertusk, but you can craft gear that is nearly as good. Don't remember who the vendor is, but it shouldn't be hard to find them as you would have to complete a quest for them before you can buy the recipes.
No, you don't have to complete a quest to buy recipes from the Vendor in WinterTusk. You just have to be able to get to him by opening the area or ask a friend who has already done Sudrilund to help you port there.

Survivor
Apr 27, 2013
So, you have to be Grandmaster or above to get the gear from Wintertusk. I can't find any more reagents to complete around 10 crafting quests, and I don't want to do Waterworks again, as it is an incredibly hard dungeon. Is there any good gear I could buy?
'

Defender
Dec 06, 2009
moshijames on May 21, 2017 wrote:
So, you have to be Grandmaster or above to get the gear from Wintertusk. I can't find any more reagents to complete around 10 crafting quests, and I don't want to do Waterworks again, as it is an incredibly hard dungeon. Is there any good gear I could buy?
'
Reagents can be a pain to track down but I do have some suggestions to help.

1) Get the transmute spells in Celestia for the reagents you need and shop the bazaar for both the main ingredients and/or the transmute reagents.

2) When shopping the bazaar crafting related reagents go VERY quickly (as in seconds after being sold). So you have to keep refreshing the reagent screen to try to catch them. Basically you go to the reagent screen in bazaar buy anything you can of what you need...click the next button 4 times to get back to reagents tab and look again. Its tedious and all, but you will often find those much needed reagents if you have a bit of patience.

3) Garden garden garden. pink dandelions and king parsley are some of my favorites for reagents. Pink dandelions will give you most of the reagents you need up to Wintertusk. King Parsley will give you some of the ones you really need for crafting spells and things like that (diamonds, sunstone, amber). If you keep a good sized garden and harvest every day you will make money as well as get the reagents for present and future crafting quests.

4) Open those silver chests you come across while questing. They tend to have useful reagents.

This is not to say you shouldn't farm waterworks, just that there is a relatively painless alternative for crafting. Gardening takes around 10 minutes a day...five minutes in the morning to check plants, fix needs and harvest...and 5 more in the evening.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
moshijames on May 21, 2017 wrote:
'
Yes, you do have to be a Grandmaster Artisan to craft the gear from WinterTusk...

Depending on where you are questing, there are many reagents that can be harvested just by picking them up during your quest runs. Deep Mushrooms can yield Nightshade, Red Mandrake can yield Blood Moss Cattails can yield Waterlily.

For whatever reagent you are needing, you can check the Wiki on Wizard101 Central and find out its source. Some you can transmute, but for the most part, many can be found in the Bazaar except for the very rare reagents.

As @Goldenoak1 also states, gardening certain plants can give you a good selection of various reagents. Some you may not need now, but will need later. Never sell your reagents. You never know when you may need them unless you have an overstock. Stock your Shared bank with all the reagents you can get.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
While you are waiting to craft your Wintertuskgear, make sure you have the vendors open at the beginning of Wintertusk. Their gear is a good start and you can get them at L50, I believe.