Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Literally everything needs to be made easier.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 25, 2012
It's extremely embarrassing how I can't even defeat a Rank 9 boss that has only 4.5k health and a minion with 1.7k health in Wintertusk.

The worst part? Most of the enemies here are ice, and i'm fire.

Defender
Dec 06, 2009
I would guess it's not that things need to be easier so much as you probably need to change your deck, your strategy and your gear. My recollection is that Wintertusk is when things got a bit more challenging as in I needed more defense oriented gear, I needed to plan for what types of attacks I would meet and ensure I had the right shields available in abundance and really start using my decks better. It is around the time I seriously started training a pet as well.

It is also where I realized sometimes you just get unlucky and die.

Limit your deck to just what you need to win and get rid of any excessive cards...one of the hardest things I think I had to learn. The smaller and more efficient your deck is the more likely you will get the cards you need when you need them. And if you run low on cards, that is why you keep a reshuffle in your deck.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Depending on what level you are, Wintertusk can be extremely difficult. Unless you are very experienced with the game, attempting Wintertusk before level 50 may be more than you can handle.

If you haven't already done so, you might want to get through Dragonspyre and maybe even the first part of Celestia before heading back to Wintertusk. Gaining a few levels and earning your Efreet spell could make all the difference.

Defense becomes very important in Wintertusk. Many of the mobs are Ice and they love to use mutant Storm-to-Ice spells, plus they seem to Critical constantly. So, when fighting Ice mobs, know that they WILL hit you with Critical Icezillas and do 800-1800 damage all in one go. Carry shields, especially ice shields, and get used to putting them up on the very first turn. Try to get some gear with Critical Block. Pack heals, or quest with a friend. Don't let your health get too low - they can rip you up with a 4-pip Ice Kraken.

They also adore their Tower shields so rely on your DoT spells more than Helephant. Scalds and Dragons can lay on a lot of damage while they burn up shields.

Finally, they love Stun. Go to Diego in Unicorn Way and train Stun Block. It will protect you against two stun attacks, allowing you a chance to get a good hit set up.

Timing is also important. When fighting Myth mobs, know that they WILL hit you with earthquakes as soon as they have six pips. Just resign yourself to that and if you see they have a bunch of pips, wait a few turns before casting a blade on yourself. (That way you won't lose it!) As with the Ice mobs, the Myth guys also adore their stun spells. Having stun block will save you a lot of trouble.

Good luck!

Alia Misthaven

Explorer
Feb 13, 2011
So this validates making things easier?

Historian
Jun 17, 2014
funny, i soloed wintertusk and i'm ice with barely no issues, of course i did it right before i entered khrysalis.... i mean that may be your issue, get friends, or come back higher lvl and sweep it

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
Not sure what level you are or what gear you have but you can always go back to wintertusk after you level up some more. This game has been nerfed to the ground as it is, if they make it any easier we can sleep walk through it.

Perhaps if you gave some details we could give you some advice.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
WinterTusk is just fine as it is. No nerf needed and it is possible that as others have already stated, you may need to make some changes on your Fire wizard. Both of my Fire wizards got through with very few problems.

Yes, many of the enemies are ice but there are enemies of all the other schools including fire. Check each quest and check the enemy before you walk into battle. Adjust Deck as needed but having a full deck does make it harder to defeat them. Pack only what you need. It took me a long time to get used to a smaller deck but it works much better than having a deck full of too many spells.

Defender
Nov 10, 2015
turtlemcturtleton on May 18, 2017 wrote:
It's extremely embarrassing how I can't even defeat a Rank 9 boss that has only 4.5k health and a minion with 1.7k health in Wintertusk.

The worst part? Most of the enemies here are ice, and i'm fire.
I cant even with you right now. I'm an ice wizard and I did fine ok? An ice wizard.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
I think the icy parts of Grizzleheim are very very hard. I went back to them as a much higher level and still had to hire henchmen.
Yes I'm sure you can scratch and claw and grind through it but some of us find that stress inducing, the opposite of fun. A Game should be fun.

I'm currently henchman-ing my way through the game. I'm not sure I can keep it up at this pace and for sure not on more than one wizard.

I dunno, I'd like to reach the upper levels before years go by. Lol

Historian
Jun 17, 2014
cole spellslinger on May 19, 2017 wrote:
I cant even with you right now. I'm an ice wizard and I did fine ok? An ice wizard.
----> ice wizard who did it with 0 prisms