Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Training a pet.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 14, 2012
I have a ice pet with these abilities listed:
Pain-Bringer
Pain-Giver
Ice-Dealer
Spell-proof

I have a ice giver jewel on my pet and am trying to get to ultra to unlock a second jewel slot but I have heard rumors that you cannot put a jewel on a pet with a talent the pet already has. But again I have only heard that as a rumor and cannot find any evidence on the internet to back it up as true. Is this true? I have a Ice-Dealer jewel that would give my pet another 9% ice damage but it already has ice-dealer as a ability so does that mean I cannot use that jewel. If so what is the next best thing for my pet? Should I go for my ice assailant jewel for 31 ice critical or a jewel that gives 40 Strength and then just boost up the damage and resistance abilities that I currently have on the pet? Thanks for the suggestions.

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
Duplicate talents become inactive. If your pet has Pain and Dealer, you can add Giver on a jewel, but not Dealer again. The jewel will do nothing in that case.

There is no second jewel slot. Ultra lets you use higher level jewels, but still only one per pet.

Survivor
Oct 14, 2012
Gemma Luna on May 16, 2017 wrote:
Duplicate talents become inactive. If your pet has Pain and Dealer, you can add Giver on a jewel, but not Dealer again. The jewel will do nothing in that case.

There is no second jewel slot. Ultra lets you use higher level jewels, but still only one per pet.
Really? I thought they updated that forever ago to make it 2 jewel sockets. What a waste of time to get it to ultra then. Not even worth it. Sucks for KI then cause that's less money they are getting from me to buy Mega Snack packs. Doubt they care but why wouldn't they have already updated that being that I know so many people want it?

Delver
Aug 07, 2012
I didn't know adding a jewel to a talent the pet has already gained would negate it. Darn. I just added a jewel to a great pet that already had that talent thinking it would increase it. Learn something everyday.