Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Text Chat and my experience

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 09, 2016
My account has text chat enabled, so I have no problem with that. I'll probably get confused with the thousands asking about that..

Anyway, I have no idea how to USE it. Strangely, I was able to use it a bit by pressing R, but then I couldn't. I just want to know how to use it. I've seen other people ask about this too, so maybe you could tell people on the account page how to use it, or tell them in-game after they activate it.

Cheers,
Scarlet EmeraldHeart

P.S. I love these smileys.
P.P.S. STORM WIZARD AND MONSTROLOGIST 4 LIFE

Survivor
Feb 09, 2012
The quickest way to use text chat is to hit "O" on any screen. That will bring the text box up. Then you can type away. When you do that, everyone in the "room" will see what you say.

To talk to a specific person only, you can right click on their name in the text box. You'll know you're only talking to that person when the text turns purple.

To talk to a friend, bring them up in your friend window and choose the dialogue button (looks like a cartoon bubble thing).

If your chat is limited, any words others won't see will turn red for you and appear as "..." to them. If your chat is open, words will turn yellow if others without open chat can't see them. They will turn red if no one can.

Good luck!

Elizabeth Nightbane
Champion <<< slightly addicted

Survivor
Jan 09, 2016
Nevermind! I figured out you use O and /.

Defender
Jul 26, 2013
I have text chat, but some of the players don't. The menu's for the players who don't have text chat I think are really vague sometimes. A friend might ask you to help them at a certain time, but you are busy fighting or doing something else. The menu telling the person who doesn't have text chat says ( one minute I'm busy fighting.) That gives them the impression that you are going to help them when you get done fighting. That might not be the case. I have had to say that and then not show up because I was doing something else. I also don't like just telling them( I can't.) I think maybe there should be more words for that.
I also have a problem about telling someone you have to flee. Sometimes someone has to leave at a certain time, and the duel is taking to long or you didn't know it was going to take that long. You have to leave, the only wording is ( I have to flee) there has to be away to tell them you have to leave. This has happened to me and I really feel bad that I couldn't tell the person I had to leave. we were in a middle of a fight. This person was saying ( don't flee I can heal you).There has to be something.
thank you very much.

Defender
Jul 26, 2013
I just wanted to let the game people know that I am having a really hard time communicating with people who don't have text chat!!. I am a fire I would like to tell them not to ask me to help them with all fire bosses, or for them to tell me what school I'll be fighting before porting to them. They also say just( port to me ). Could you have them ask the question( will you or could you help me.)Sometimes a big fire boss does an efreet spell. I need to tell them that they need to hit the fire boss first so I can do my hard damage to him, there just working on the minion.
sometimes they just jump into a fight and pull me in without letting me change decks or put something in. I can't tell them to no jump in. I have a friend that does this all the time and I can't tell her not to jump in(, WAIT) doesn't work .I'm really very frustrated. I think you really need more word fraises.