Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Dragonspyre crafting quest is so hard

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jul 16, 2016
Hello fellow wizards

I want to be a geandmaster artisan so that I could craft the wintertusk gear, but the crafting quests are so hard :( I need about 20 blood moss and 20 nightshade,but I don't have enough regular reagents to transmute, there are bearly any of them in the bazzar and they are really expensive...

I am really bumed, I really want the wintertusk gear but the quests seem impossible!

Jonathan DawnHunter

Defender
Dec 06, 2009
My first suggestion is don't burn yourself out on crafting quests they are almost all real pains to get everything you need.

Second suggestion (the younger your wizard the better) start gardening. If you know which plants are key for the quest you are working, or will be working later you can collect the reagents over time just by maintaining your garden. for example a field of pink dandelions will get you blood moss pretty quickly, while King Parsley will get you amber, sunstone and various other useful reagents you will eventually need.

Third pick up pretty much every reagent you see on the streets and open silver chests at every opportunity. I used to ignore the silver chests until I accidentally found 5 diamonds in around 15 minutes just by opening a few while bored. Of course I suspect the contents are world based but I could be wrong on that.

Fourth, the trick with the bazaar is to keep searching over and over again as the reagents for crafting quests will often go in and out within seconds. Check for the reagent you want and/or the transmuteable reagent and buy as quickly as possible when found. Click through the various bazaar screens (4 clicks) until you are back on the reagents and check again...over and over and eventually you get lucky. It is annoying and can take a bit of time to find what you want but if its saleable in the bazaar you will usually find it sooner or later. I think it took me 15-20 minutes the other day to get enough sun stones to learn my newest spell.

Overall I think options 2 and 3 are the best...long term future planning through gardening and just picking things up as you go will make the questing crafts a lot easier. Also if you know in advance what you will need, take a minute every time you go into the bazaar and buy any reagents you will likely need in the future based on what the quests entail. Like I always buy diamonds, etc if I see them in bazaar.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Gardening will provide you with most of the reagents you need to complete the Dragonspyre crafting quest, plus most other crafting projects.

These are the plants that will help you most and where you can get them. Everything in italics is a plant you can buy for gold from a gardener NPC, in the Bazaar, or get as a drop fairly easily. Some of the best ones reseed themselves, so you only have to buy them once.

For Blood Moss
Pink Dandelion
Fickle Pickle
Deadly Fly Trap

For Diamonds
Fickle Pickle
Frozen Fly Trap
Burning Snap Dragon
King Parsley
Deadly Helephant Ears

For Pearls
Pink Dandelions (Black Pearls only)
Fickle Pickle
Deadly Helephant Ears (all types of pearls)
Evil Magma Peas

For Sunstone
Fickle Pickle
Maelstrom Snap Dragon
King Parsley
Evil Magma Peas
Deadly Helephant Ears

For Aether
Fickle Pickle
Maelstrom Snap Dragon
King Parsley
Evil Magma Peas
Deadly Helephant Ears

For Fossil & Nightshade
Fickle Pickle
Burning Snap Dragon

For Lava Lily
Pink Dandelion
Burning Snap Dragon
Helephant Ears

For Scrap Iron & Ore
Helephant Ears

So to recap,
The very best non-crowns plants for crafting are:
Pink Dandelions (frequent drop in Krokotopia; or Crown Shop, reseeds itself)
Fickle Pickle (Golem Court Gardening Mole, Bazaar, reseeds itself)
Burning Snap Dragons (Mooshu Gardening Mole, Bazaar)
Maelstrom Snap Dragons (drops in Mooshu, Dragonspyre, Celestia)
Frozen Fly Trap (drops in Celestia, Bazaar)
Evil Fly Trap (Ivaldi in Nordriland, drops in Celestia)
Helephant Ears (Golem Court, Bazaar)

The best Crowns plants are:
Deadly Helephant Ears (also rare drop from Avalon & beyond, reseeds itself)
Evil Magma Peas (also rare drop from Avalon & beyond, reseeds itself)
King Parsley (also rare drop from Crystal Crawlers in Dragonspyre, reseeds itself)
Pink Dandelions* (also frequent drop in Krokotopia, reseeds itself)

Get started on gardening and soon you'll have more reagents than you need!

Alia Misthaven

Survivor
Mar 04, 2016
I couldn't finish this quest till I hit level 120 it's very hard just do waterworks.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
wizard1018715 on May 20, 2017 wrote:
I couldn't finish this quest till I hit level 120 it's very hard just do waterworks.
Your comment makes no sense. Are you saying you can't do the DS Crafting quest OR WaterWorks until you hit level 120?

Survivor
Mar 04, 2016
DragonLady1818 on May 20, 2017 wrote:
Your comment makes no sense. Are you saying you can't do the DS Crafting quest OR WaterWorks until you hit level 120?
No I mean the dragonsyre crafting quest is so hard it took me till 120 to finish and i recommend waterworks over the wintertusk gear which he mentioned

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
wizard1018715 on May 21, 2017 wrote:
No I mean the dragonsyre crafting quest is so hard it took me till 120 to finish and i recommend waterworks over the wintertusk gear which he mentioned
The only thing about the crafting quests given by Balthazar Dragonthorn that were a little difficult, was finding the right recipe vendor for the quests.

As in Dragonspyre, the recipe vendors for the various schools are scattered in various areas. The Crimson Book Stand was the only recipe that all who did the quest could go to the same vendor Toshio to buy the recipe.

Outside of the vendors being in other locations, the only other problem would have been for players who chose not to harvest the reagents during their quest runs.

Even though most reagents can be purchased in the Bazaar, it is also beneficial to pick up as many as you can while questing. All of my wizards pick them up regardless even though I have full stocks in my Shared Bank.

Explorer
Jan 22, 2014
I'm doing the same quest right now and it is hard but luckily we have all these experienced people to help us!

~Natalie level 64
~Natalie level 18

Survivor
May 20, 2012