Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Is infallible worth?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 23, 2015
(Dunno if I should put this message here, sorry in advance)
So, I currently have an ice wizard whose level 63.
Do you think infallible is worth it for ice?

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Hmmm,

No.

However, I do have it on my Ice haha

It depends on if you want to go for a Pierce strategy or not. I found that I only needed in many for Rasputin. Otherwise it just sits there. I don't think it's necessary, but it can be helpful sometimes. I just use it only once in a while. I will say that you should get the following as Ice:

Fortify/Brace
Vengeance (Critical)

Optional, but Recommended:
Sleet Storm
Empowerment/Adapt (Fun to use with King Artorius)

Just my thoughts.

I just got rid of some of those so that I could train in Death up to Feint.

Just my thoughts.

Defender
Dec 06, 2009
Honestly at least from my perspective (strictly PvE) I don't think infallible is worth it for any wizard.

If I fight something with resistance to fire I am not going to waste time on infallible nor enchant space on spells like Extraordinary...my opinion is 9 times out of 10 you are better off using damage boosting auras and enchants with a prism than trying to add a bit of armor breaking to your spells.

I haven't seen any point where the armor breaking astral spells are more useful than the damage ones except for those few occasions where the target raises an unwanted shield.

Explorer
Feb 13, 2011
IMO, its only worth it for pvp or until you get to a higher lvl (95-100 maybe?)

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
I agree with these others. I have a Balance that usually tanked and healed on teams (somewhat similar style to Ice). Alia did not train Infallible and never needed it until she was level 110. Only when she was trying to get past Rasputin did she consider training Infallible, because it's helpful when attempting the 'minion killer' strategy with Rasputin's minions. (They had 100% universal resist, so the only way to kill them was having over 20% Pierce.)

Instead of training a spell for one boss, she just used Treasure Cards.

If you want to give Infallible a try, use some treasure cards in battle first to see if it actually helps you. It might with Ice mobs, for example. But if you find that it's really not doing much for you, then you'll be glad that you didn't waste a training point.

Alia Misthaven

Survivor
Sep 23, 2015
Thanks for the reponses.
I honestly didn't know if I should get infallible, due to Ice's high accuracy.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Ice doesn't have that high of accuracy, and depending on what level you currently are, the higher level you get, the harder it is to get accuracy with BASIC gear (anything other than Darkmoor).

I need some with my L120 Ice, so I slap a jewel accuracy on my mob/boss decks and one on my Pet if I need more.

Having a few Infallible TC is a much better solution than wasting a training point.