Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Advice for my weak lvl 70 fire wizard

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 05, 2009
Hi! I'd really like advice for my lvl 70 fire wizard. I had no problems soloing before reaching level 70, but afterwards I started losing frequently and feel very weak. My current gear is the Waterworks set (Firestarter's Hood, Cape, & Boots), wands from the Bazaar, Razor Thorn athame, and Hathi's Victory Band ring. Do you have any suggestions for better gear, maybe with better resist? I'm open to crown items. Thanks!!

Explorer
Nov 21, 2011
Have you been farming Tower of the Helephant? The athame and ring available there (Lexicon Blade, Aureate Band) should prove to be more useful than the athame and ring you currently have equipped. They may only be level 60 items, but much like the Waterworks gear, they should serve you well until lvl 90 (Where better rings and athames are available in Aquila) or lvl 100 (Darkmoor gear).

As far as wands go, it's your choice, but i'd look into Terror's Hoard or Immortal's Lore wands, They come with a decent maycast spell, and the stat increases are decent as well.

Hope this helps

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
you could try getting the Aureate Band & Lexicon Blade (both from Helephant Tower), however, what's important to know is, what's doing you the most hurt? Is it your resistance? Critical? Health? Do you have a pet? If you do, what does it have for skills? Can you not find the right spells when you need them? Answering these questions will give people a much better idea as to the area you need help in

Explorer
Jun 26, 2013
Amber Thundersword on May 3, 2017 wrote:
Hi! I'd really like advice for my lvl 70 fire wizard. I had no problems soloing before reaching level 70, but afterwards I started losing frequently and feel very weak. My current gear is the Waterworks set (Firestarter's Hood, Cape, & Boots), wands from the Bazaar, Razor Thorn athame, and Hathi's Victory Band ring. Do you have any suggestions for better gear, maybe with better resist? I'm open to crown items. Thanks!!
It's not necessarily your gear that's the problem. What kind of spells are you packing? Do you pack heals? In terms of your gear, the Waterworks gear is fine and is viable for a long time.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
You may want to look at how you are setting up your deck for mobs and bosses. You should have one deck for mobs, one deck for bosses. Only carry spells that you absolutely need, do not fill up all of the empty spaces in the deck, as it's a waste of time.

Your gear is fine. There are many official W101 fansites you can do a search for to get an idea what gear you may want now and in the future.