Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Remove power pip conversion

AuthorMessage
Delver
Mar 10, 2015
This might be a rant but hear me out. I DEspise the new system. It takes place of the critical block stats on Wands, it removed damage, and it make stats useless. I hate the system so much I not changed gear since darkmoor because the new gear and stats are just terrible and sloppy. King isle if you read this PLZ PLZ forget it and never use it again. The fact that gear has become so bad, it's almost same as going into a fight naked without armour. It provides absolutely no benefit and takes away useful slots in gear. I sure I not the only one who thinks so. If you agree with me post bellow.

Champion
Mar 05, 2012
I haven't seen anyone using it.
at least they tried something new, since they are trying to wean off critical?
the mirage decks are pretty good though (the dropped ones that give block/critical).

Champion
Mar 25, 2011
I kind of have the feeling pip conversion would've been more useful if it had been introduced before critical.

By then we would have a better idea of how to organize our gear statistics, whereas these days critical and block are the most useful and obvious choices. I suppose KI will just have to play around with gear some more.

I've seen some really neat PvP strategies with pip conversion, but nothing too game changing.

Hope to see you all in the Spiral!
Nathan GreenEyes 120 PvP Commander
Nathan GreenEyes 117 Hot in more ways than one (lol)
(Currently questing through Mirage)
Nathan GreenEyes 110 Couch Potato Hoarder
Genevieve HexPyre 94+ PvP Warlord
(Currently questing through Khrysalis)

Defender
Feb 28, 2013
Lukeskywalker1313 on Apr 29, 2017 wrote:
This might be a rant but hear me out. I DEspise the new system. It takes place of the critical block stats on Wands, it removed damage, and it make stats useless. I hate the system so much I not changed gear since darkmoor because the new gear and stats are just terrible and sloppy. King isle if you read this PLZ PLZ forget it and never use it again. The fact that gear has become so bad, it's almost same as going into a fight naked without armour. It provides absolutely no benefit and takes away useful slots in gear. I sure I not the only one who thinks so. If you agree with me post bellow.
I agree. There's nothing any good about this system.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
I'm sorry, but it should not be separated by school and should be one natural statistic similar to powerpip chance etc.

Defender
Dec 05, 2013
Only place pip conversion is useful is before dragonspyre where you hated having to use a power pip to cast your blade. Sorry, but the stat is a waste of time after CL. Thanks for trying though

Defender
Dec 06, 2009
I think the biggest problem is that it is something you have to get gear to achieve it. Why would anyone bother with conversion gear when there are so many better options. The correct path (In my opinion) would to make pip conversion be absorbed under the power pip chance...something like for every power pip chance over 50% you get 1% chance of conversion. Then you would sometimes get a pip back which is useful, but overall it doesn't really call for any new gear options.