Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How to lose a PvP match

AuthorMessage
Champion
Sep 01, 2009
In the past few years, I have been lucky enough to never get above captain in PvP, and that was a struggle. So I think I am a bit of an expert on how to lose a PvP match. And now that we can use gold for tournaments, there are even more ways to spectacularly fail! So without further ado, here are my top ways to lose a ranked or tournament PvP match!

1) Towards the end of a quick match, when pierce is about 80%, use Juju.

2) Wear gear that cuts your critical block to 3%.

3) Forget to put stun block or conviction in your deck.

4) PvP angry.

5) Put only shadow spells in your deck, even though your chance of getting a shadow pip is 1%.

6) Forget you signed up for a tournament, start gardening, and get whisked into a match wearing all your energy gear.

7) Forget you signed up for a tournament, go fishing in Zafaria, and get whisked into a match wearing your fishing gear. Accompanied by an otter.

8) Click the little box that lets the game search for players above your rank, forgetting you're only a corporal. And level 10.

9) Use Heckhound when your health is down to about 300, and you only have 5 pips.

10) Sign up for a classic tournament, and forget to adjust everything, resulting in 20 resist, 30 damage, very unhelpful spells, and twitching.

What are your helpful hints for a guaranteed PvP loss? Is there something you do on a consistent basis that is so awful, you can only laugh? Have you witnessed a friend or loved one sobbing behind a tree due to their PvP mistake? When you visit Diego, does he just shake his head?

Let's have some fun with this!

Champion
Mar 25, 2011
Snee432 on Apr 16, 2017 wrote:
In the past few years, I have been lucky enough to never get above captain in PvP, and that was a struggle. So I think I am a bit of an expert on how to lose a PvP match. And now that we can use gold for tournaments, there are even more ways to spectacularly fail! So without further ado, here are my top ways to lose a ranked or tournament PvP match!

1) Towards the end of a quick match, when pierce is about 80%, use Juju.

2) Wear gear that cuts your critical block to 3%.

3) Forget to put stun block or conviction in your deck.

4) PvP angry.

5) Put only shadow spells in your deck, even though your chance of getting a shadow pip is 1%.

6) Forget you signed up for a tournament, start gardening, and get whisked into a match wearing all your energy gear.

7) Forget you signed up for a tournament, go fishing in Zafaria, and get whisked into a match wearing your fishing gear. Accompanied by an otter.

8) Click the little box that lets the game search for players above your rank, forgetting you're only a corporal. And level 10.

9) Use Heckhound when your health is down to about 300, and you only have 5 pips.

10) Sign up for a classic tournament, and forget to adjust everything, resulting in 20 resist, 30 damage, very unhelpful spells, and twitching.

What are your helpful hints for a guaranteed PvP loss? Is there something you do on a consistent basis that is so awful, you can only laugh? Have you witnessed a friend or loved one sobbing behind a tree due to their PvP mistake? When you visit Diego, does he just shake his head?

Let's have some fun with this!
  • Forgetting I signed up for a PvP match all the time! And when I think I'm ready, but I still have my tc-making deck on that only have 5 spells in. Rest in pieces. Lost Commander once that way
  • Once I had ran out of tower shield treasure cards and realized I had put in fortify tc in it's place- MID BATTLE AHHH!
  • Not looking carefully and mistaking Insane bolt for Wild Bolt. Eyes widened in horror as I killed myself.
  • First weeks doing PvP, thinking insane bolt spamming is a real strategy. Let's just say I can confirm PvP Private Rank of 0 does exist. Not sure why I didn't stop earlier lol
Hope to see you all in the Spiral!
Nathan GreenEyes 120 PvP Commander
Nathan GreenEyes 117 Hot in more ways than one (lol)
(Currently questing through Mirage)
Nathan GreenEyes 110 Couch Potato Hoarder
Ryan HexPyre 104 Always Dying
Genevieve HexPyre 82+ PvP Warlord
(Currently questing through Avalon)

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Trying to open your friends list but clicking 'X' by accident is a pretty painful one. If you're fast enough you can log back on to see your opponent get a One in a Million badge from you.

Champion
Sep 01, 2009
thelastdiviner on Apr 17, 2017 wrote:
  • Forgetting I signed up for a PvP match all the time! And when I think I'm ready, but I still have my tc-making deck on that only have 5 spells in. Rest in pieces. Lost Commander once that way
  • Once I had ran out of tower shield treasure cards and realized I had put in fortify tc in it's place- MID BATTLE AHHH!
  • Not looking carefully and mistaking Insane bolt for Wild Bolt. Eyes widened in horror as I killed myself.
  • First weeks doing PvP, thinking insane bolt spamming is a real strategy. Let's just say I can confirm PvP Private Rank of 0 does exist. Not sure why I didn't stop earlier lol
Hope to see you all in the Spiral!
Nathan GreenEyes 120 PvP Commander
Nathan GreenEyes 117 Hot in more ways than one (lol)
(Currently questing through Mirage)
Nathan GreenEyes 110 Couch Potato Hoarder
Ryan HexPyre 104 Always Dying
Genevieve HexPyre 82+ PvP Warlord
(Currently questing through Avalon)
The tc making deck-done that. Died so quickly, I barely had time to register what I'd done. Sort of a "Hey, why don't I have more spells in my...oh and I'm dead."

Champion
Sep 01, 2009
PvP King on Apr 17, 2017 wrote:
Trying to open your friends list but clicking 'X' by accident is a pretty painful one. If you're fast enough you can log back on to see your opponent get a One in a Million badge from you.
Oh geez! :(

Hero
May 07, 2015
having the wrong gear on, I am like when I get in a pvp match, I am like, where is my health and crit.... oh, i'm dead.

Defender
Mar 04, 2012
Your opponent is about to die and you need to reshuffle to get a hit to win but accidentally deleted it then they use there's and heal and keep using balance disables on you

Explorer
Jun 06, 2011
1) getting critted on at level 10

2) overconfidence

3) wearing your questing gear.

4) letting your golden retriever play for you

5) misclicks

6) paying attention to the anime and running out of time

7) entering a tournament with your energy gear. Shipping and handling cost is a dapper corgi.

8) number 2

9) getting highkey timer stalled

10) a fire and myth wizard combo

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
Since I rarely PVP ( ranked, tournament or practice)
Then simply entering the PVP arena is the way for me to lose.

Survivor
Oct 18, 2015
Trying to click "close" to set up your gear and deck... but the very same second you got matched up and this "close" button turns into "accept"...