Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Animis

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 28, 2010
Is there any way to get more info on how collecting animus is to be done and why it only allows us to collect dead monster animus i want to collect other monsters thats why. Oh and if there are other quests for it and if there are different level spell cards for animus.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
TheCanary431 on Apr 12, 2017 wrote:
Is there any way to get more info on how collecting animus is to be done and why it only allows us to collect dead monster animus i want to collect other monsters thats why. Oh and if there are other quests for it and if there are different level spell cards for animus.
Currently there are the following Extract Animus Spell Types

Undead
Wyrm
Parrot
Polar Bear

You must be the appropriate level and world and buy the spell for Gold from Ms. Burke to access these other types.

Undead-WC
Wyrm-AV
Parrot-AZ
Polar Bear- PL

Good luck!

They should be adding more types in the future!

Survivor
Mar 04, 2013
Can you also explain to me what the number in your tome mean? When you press "T" and look at your monsters there is number in black on the bottom right corner. Is that the monster rank I am looking at? And when you level up in monsterology does Ms. Burke explain what the different types of extraction mean? Dwargon this would be a lot of help if you could reply as well. Or maybe update this in the tutorial or the book behind Ms. Burke? (I would create my own topic post and ask there but I don't know how) And could you also elaborate on how the extraction effects an attack all spell? That would be helpful. :)

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Scarlet SilverHear... on Apr 13, 2017 wrote:
Can you also explain to me what the number in your tome mean? When you press "T" and look at your monsters there is number in black on the bottom right corner. Is that the monster rank I am looking at? And when you level up in monsterology does Ms. Burke explain what the different types of extraction mean? Dwargon this would be a lot of help if you could reply as well. Or maybe update this in the tutorial or the book behind Ms. Burke? (I would create my own topic post and ask there but I don't know how) And could you also elaborate on how the extraction effects an attack all spell? That would be helpful. :)
I hope that they fix a number of things, because yes some things are not very clear. As far as the Monster Rank that is the Rank of the Monster. Have you ever noticed how you face different rank mobs? It has their name and then underneath their rank "Rank 2 Boss" "Rank 4" etc. This is the number that that is referring to. As far as how that applies to Monstrology. You generally can only extract Animus from mobs that are your Monstrology Rank or below. (Basically If I've a level 5 Monstrologist and I try and attack a level 11 mob. I probably am not going to get their animus.) So make sure to only go after ones that are your similar to your level (rank and below). Currently you don't see Ms. Burke again until Avalon so updating anything in the Monstrobus about that might be a bit premature.

Finally, if you enchant a AOE with an Extract Animus spell it functions just the same as if it were a single hit. You don't get any more or any less Animus. If you can extract and you meet all the requirements it will extract animus from each mob you hit as if you hit them each with a single attack.

Survivor
Mar 04, 2013
Thank you :) I appreciate the clarifications. Funny enough I figured most of that out already.