Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

are minion about tactics?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 21, 2009
are minions all about tactics? I would like to know because my minion don't do what I predict it to do or buff me as much.

Delver
Oct 27, 2009
Each kind of minion seems to have a limited number of spells. They don't seem to run out of cards, but they only have some of the spells possible for their school, and sometimes spells from another school too. The key is knowing what they are able to cast. That let's you know when you might want to use them. You don't say which minion you are using, but some minions don't buff much. The storm minion seems to taunt a lot. He seems to be there to distract the enemy and draw their fire instead of you. Myth has many minions, and they seem to serve different functions. The first one you get is cheap to cast, no pips needed, and tends to use low level attacks from other schools, and can be useful when fighting myth. He does a little damage, and might not use your myth prism. He does have a blood bat myth spell though, so you might wait to cast your prism till you are almost ready to hit, and can see he's not going to use it instead of you. Myth troll blades, traps, and hits with myth mostly, and can be good to use against enemies that aren't myth, while you buff yourself and wait for pips to hit, or search for cards when nothing useful is showing up. You don't mention what minion you are using, but finding out what cards it is able to use will help you. Even if you don't know when the minion will cast something, or who they will cast it on, you can learn what they might cast and plan your strategy accordingly. It might be about the timing of when you call the minion, or when you cast your own spells, or maybe they can just be useful as another target for the enemy to hit, instead of you.

Survivor
Mar 21, 2009
the minion I am using is talos he keeps taking my traps when I about to attack I want him to support me more on blades and traps not taking them but I see he all about attacks. so how do you deal with talos random attack choices as a benefit

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Ah Talos isn't "designed" that way. You're better off using a different minion (or no minion at all, truthfully) if you don't want them to use your traps.

Defender
Aug 30, 2014
If he uses your traps, then focus on using blades which he can't use.

Survivor
Mar 21, 2009
most minions are attack minions there function is to attack how does it benefit you other then just lowering his health. are they meant to be extra firepower or distraction what damage minions meant for

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
mekakron on Apr 13, 2017 wrote:
most minions are attack minions there function is to attack how does it benefit you other then just lowering his health. are they meant to be extra firepower or distraction what damage minions meant for
Yep you said it. Extra help lowering health and occasionally a distraction.

Survivor
Mar 21, 2009
is myth a support class for there minions or a damage class for there minions

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
mekakron on Apr 14, 2017 wrote:
is myth a support class for there minions or a damage class for there minions
Either, or neither. Get to know which of your minions are hitters and which are meat shields. Decide if you want to support them, or buff yourself, or ignore them and just use normal attacks. Often you're better off without minions, but occasionally they are a help. With the new Monsterology mecanic you can create your own minions from creatures in the game. That adds a lot of options.