Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 4-7-17

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Once again, the calendar shows us it's Friday, and it's time to discuss something new!

Have you ever wanted a chat window that extends its reach beyond those in your immediate area and the three other people in your group? This week, we'll like to pose the question - what are your ideas or thoughts on extending the depth of your chat?

NOTE: we’re not talking about menu chat here, or changing or removing filters in chat (we've done that recently) – please stay on the subject of improvements to the way chat works as a whole.

Looking forward to your thoughts! Happy Friday everyone!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!Save

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Delver
Jun 14, 2016
I'd like to see an instance chat. Sometimes, the other people in your dungeon are far away or in different rooms, and we don't always form groups whenever we enter dungeons.

Perhaps global chat as well, which could work across the entire Spiral (and perhaps between realms if you can work it out), but I don't exactly see the point other than to fool around as you would in the Commons.

Survivor
Dec 22, 2014
Mastermind
Feb 07, 2010
It should extend to everyone in the same dungeon as you, so you can easily talk to someone on a different floor in a tower.

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
Specific menu chat auto responders shown below would be appreciated:

Person is AFK
- Reply text says this person is AFK
- it can be further enhanced to state how long they've been AFK

Person is in a Solo Only Dungeon
- Reply text says person is in a Solo Only Dungeon

Person is in a location that cannot be teleported too

- Person is in a place you cannot teleport too

Person is in a location that may only be entered from the sigil

- You can only enter this location from the sigil found in/at...

Be able to add words and phrases to menu chat
(players submit specific words or phrases they want to be added to their wizard's menu chat. And once approved they become available in the drop down menu)

Explorer
Aug 25, 2013
A Friends List chat might get some traction. A way to meet friends of friends of friends?

Survivor
Jan 23, 2011
Being able to type numbers in text chat would be really useful.

Survivor
Jan 01, 2009
"Have you ever wanted a chat window that extends its reach beyond those in your immediate area and the three other people in your group?"

Nope...not interested. It is a LOT easier to chat using Skype while playing Wizard101 and you do not have to try to type while playing or have part of your screen blocked with the chat window!

Survivor
Jul 11, 2010
I am a little bit confused.

Is this referring to perhaps just extending the scope of the chat box? Maybe being able to read messages that are said farther away from you than is currently possible?

Or is this about the ability to see what others say in other areas? Say, for example, always being able to see things that are said in your house/castle

Survivor
Feb 15, 2011
We already have owner chat so how about extending that to owner chat that broadcasts to all of your houses? That would be handy for large gatherings where all the guests don't fit at one house.

It would also be handy if we could talk to all friends online at once to ask for help or make a party announcement.

Another thing could be a way to leave a message for a friend that is not online.

Thanks!
Iridian Willowglen

Defender
Jun 06, 2009
Survivor
Mar 21, 2009
As someone who has been playing since early release and loves to see new game mechanics some to fruition, I have quite a few things to say this week.

Firstly, I find the new upcoming Monstrology update very intriguing. Its got allot of potential, but I honestly feel that it's a little underdeveloped. Perhaps creating enemies from essences, or Animus, that you can extract from them made me crave the transformation of the game into something like Pokemon? For instance, the ability to improve and upgrade created enemies in your inventory somehow would be spectacular, in my opinion.
When it comes to a new way of chatting, I think this game is long overdue for a Clan/Guild mechanic. Being able to create your own guild and invite other players to your guild, as well as being able to access a separate chat channel for Guild members only, seems like something that would improve the interaction and functionality of the community. Perhaps even going as far as to allow the Guild Leader to specify a Guild House from his/her inventory that any guild member can access from a Guild menu section in their spellbook as well as being able to specify times for guild events and daily quests would be amazing. I thoroughly believe that this is something that would being in lots of new players, and get existing players to be allot more active. Players wanting to start clans and trying to form guilds in this game is something that has been happening for years now, believe me. If there was a game mechanic to aid that that wasn't just temporary group forming, that would be spectacular.

Survivor
Oct 02, 2016
I can't believe people aren't getting more creative with this topic! My idea is add a chat that you can speak to anyone that is on different realms but the same room as you are in. This helps people who wants to team up with people to quest, get help fighting mobs, or even find some people to interact with when the game is slow. Since you know these people are in the same room as you are, all you have to do is ask what realm they are in.

Survivor
Aug 25, 2009
A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Emotes/actions! That's why I use Menu chat! Another idea is it is so hard to navigate I can't ever find what I am looking for. Would it be possible to implement a text to menu chat thing? So if you have it enabled you can type key words and suggested Menu Chat phrases appear? Just an idea!

Defender
Oct 15, 2009
Thanks for the Level 50 Elixir. I'm not saying the PVE world you have created is bad. Speaking for myself, going through it 3 times is enough. I play primarily now for PVP.

If people are willing to pay for it, please consider an elixir that will totally level a wizard up.

Defender
Apr 06, 2013
Professor Falmea on Apr 7, 2017 wrote:
Once again, the calendar shows us it's Friday, and it's time to discuss something new!

Have you ever wanted a chat window that extends its reach beyond those in your immediate area and the three other people in your group? This week, we'll like to pose the question - what are your ideas or thoughts on extending the depth of your chat?

NOTE: we’re not talking about menu chat here, or changing or removing filters in chat (we've done that recently) – please stay on the subject of improvements to the way chat works as a whole.

Looking forward to your thoughts! Happy Friday everyone!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!Save
Give us live chat instead. With open chat as 18 and above and have valid credit card, that could be the same case as for live chat. Other than that, like club penguin, maybe have some icons that express on what we thought like happy icon for being happy, etc. Plus maybe some sound effects in out actions like clapping, but with when you use it there is background clapping as well.

Alejandro

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
Sending messages to players can easily be taken the wrong way when it comes to feelings. So I would like to see emojis;

2#. I know this was mentioned a few times but I would like to see a mail box option so players can send messages to you when you are offline. That way people can arrange a time to quest together, form a team to do a dungeons such as Darkmoor, Tartarus, waterworks, etc... or have a question, like: How/where did you get your gear, spell, pet etc.. I find it easier to meet up with someone I fairly know on my friends list than on message board.

Defender
Mar 28, 2011
I'd like an "announcement" mode in my castle. Like a way to message everyone in the house if we are playing tag or something. It would be handy during parties.

Explorer
Oct 11, 2010
I personally think that we should actually be able to type in numbers in text chat. We have to use words like "tree" for three and we can't even find a way to say eleven! This is in text chat, and it would be a BIG help. Thanks if this ever happens!
-

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
On the menu chat I would love to be able to CHOOSE certain ones up front to have as a quick go-to.

I know that I pick certain ones way more than any other (I do not use most choices at all) and that the ones I use are hard to get to, especially quickly. I don't use them enough yet, I guess, to go on the 'favorites' part of the menu chat.

The ones I use or would use the most in menu chat are: Hi, Wait, Stop, and May I please join or Do you want any help. Also where is LOL? Or Hello? During battle if I choose the animated menu chats, (like "Hi" and "LOL") no text bubble appears.

Also some of the choices could be in a more user friendly category. I have to go to battle/friendly to find some basic chats.

By that time the person is down the road. So how about if we could pick and checkmark certain ones to be in our menu chat quick picks?

On regular chat, my main thing is the window is hard to resize and recolor.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
laurenlightfountai... on Apr 8, 2017 wrote:
I would love to see a mailbox feature.
Leaving a message for someone who is offline might be good but could be misused.

So if we had a mailbox I'd want the following limitations:

Only one line or two sent per day to a particular person.

Must already be on friends list.

Chat filters apply regardless.

Each person can opt out of mailbox function.
Each person can block mailbox function per person, rather than only completely. (There are some people I'd want to mailbox with and some I wouldn't even if they are all on my friends list.)

Maybe on the latter, also roll out a function where we can put people in friendship tiers. Like on facebook. Some are closer than others. Maybe then people could choose either per person or per tier of friendship, who to mailbox with.

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
I've always wanted a way to leave messages to friends who are off-line.

"Sorry I missed our hatch appointment. My internet was down."
"I'll be in game Saturday afternoon"
"Do you still need help with Waterworks?"

etc

It would also be nice to have "game standard time" like a clock tower in the commons or something, to help kids in different time zones coordinate without having to give out locations. If it could be made to work with menu chat, that would be even better.

"It's [game time] now".
"I will be [back / free / able to hatch / available to help you / logging on / logging off] at [future game time]".

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Prince of Shadows on Apr 10, 2017 wrote:
I've always wanted a way to leave messages to friends who are off-line.

"Sorry I missed our hatch appointment. My internet was down."
"I'll be in game Saturday afternoon"
"Do you still need help with Waterworks?"

etc

It would also be nice to have "game standard time" like a clock tower in the commons or something, to help kids in different time zones coordinate without having to give out locations. If it could be made to work with menu chat, that would be even better.

"It's [game time] now".
"I will be [back / free / able to hatch / available to help you / logging on / logging off] at [future game time]".
Great ideas!

Maybe...since GST could sound like GMT...

WST? Wizard(ing?) Standard Time?

Delver
Oct 27, 2009
When I read Prof. Falmea's question, I instantly thought she was talking about something like the Pirate101 ship chat, that can be heard in the entire skyway that pirate is in, but not on the land. If it were in Wizard, I think it would cover the streets of a single area, but not be heard by those inside a dungeon. As an example, If I entered Unicorn Way and used such a chat, I could be heard by people standing next to Diego, people in the middle of Unicorn way that were by the skeletons, and by people at the far end of the street. If they went through a door and were in Rattlebones or the Lady's tower, or in the Maze garden with the seraph, for example, they would not hear me. I'm not sure if the chat could cross realms, but I think it would be a good addition either way. It'd be very handy for those street mob quests to be able to ask for help from anyone in the same street. Some areas can be a bit quiet, and it might help find others that have the same quest in their book, or that like playing in groups. If it crossed realms, the menu chat would need to have a way to say, "I'm in realm Whatever", or people would have trouble finding each other. If I am on a low or mid level Wizard, I might rather call out for help to those questing on the same street, instead of having a Max wiz show up from the team up kiosk, one shot everything in a dungeon, and click past all the dialogue on my first run in there. As it is, there is no team up for street fight help, so being able to yell for help a bit further would be nice. For those who don't like it, the Pirate ship chat has a button that lets you not hear it. I'd want them to have an off button for it on Wiz, so if there are loads of people, you don't have to hear the whole street chatting. You would only hear the ones close by as in the regular system.