Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Gloria Krendel, Murderer?

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
Since the recent revelations of Cabal members in the heart of Wizard City; I have a speculation to make - Was Gloria Krendel responsible for the death of Sylvia Drake?
I've been playing a new wizard and when I got to the quest to recover the scrapbook from Sergeant Skullsplitter a terrible thought occurred to me: did Gloria as a dear, close friend to Sylvia give her a potion that made Sylvia sick? And as a dear friend was by her side "nursing" her until she died? And thereby ensuring that Malistaire would be open to the influence of the Cabal in obtaining the Krokonomicon?
Am I being a paranoid wizard?
Thoughts, anyone?

Survivor
Mar 11, 2017
Its an interesting theory, but im afraid i cant add on any evidence to it.
Though i do spectate that dying from a "cold" seems very very unlikely unless there where other immune system problems,which could be plausible at Sylvia's old age.
But this is a world where there are machines and technologies from places like from marylebone, and not to mention where life magic exists, saving Wizards every day from the brink of defeat or in more realistic terms, death.

But what would be in it for Gloria Krendell,killing her best friend and releasing malistaire's grief for the fall of the spiral?

In a simplified case, it could just me KI's attempt for a motive for malistaire while also keeping it PG, but still even something like "killed during battle" could of been a better if that is the case.

As for your Theory, i dont think there is enough evidence to be certain, but it's not a definitely impossible to think.

Hero
May 02, 2009
I highly doubt that she's to blame for Sylvia getting sick and dying. Based on what both she and and Skullsplitter said Sylvia died from an incurable cold that no one could really help her with. This reminds me of a Dragon Ball Z Kai plotline where Goku (the main character) came down with a heart virus that was incurable in that timeline while in the future where the character Future Trunks is from they pretty much have it licked. I have a feeling that this is more of the same where while in the future this cold is curable in the present it sadly is not.

Defender
Apr 06, 2013
anecorbie on Apr 5, 2017 wrote:
Since the recent revelations of Cabal members in the heart of Wizard City; I have a speculation to make - Was Gloria Krendel responsible for the death of Sylvia Drake?
I've been playing a new wizard and when I got to the quest to recover the scrapbook from Sergeant Skullsplitter a terrible thought occurred to me: did Gloria as a dear, close friend to Sylvia give her a potion that made Sylvia sick? And as a dear friend was by her side "nursing" her until she died? And thereby ensuring that Malistaire would be open to the influence of the Cabal in obtaining the Krokonomicon?
Am I being a paranoid wizard?
Thoughts, anyone?
Never saw it that way; Ki would be going dark there lol. I heard it may have to be with morganthe instead, but I can see that happening.

Defender
Aug 30, 2014
I always thought Sylvia's illness was a very mysterious circumstance and even the way the other NPC talked about it seemed to indicate that they also thought it was mysterious. An illness not even the life professor could heal? Now it's my understanding that Malistaire got involved with the Cabal after Sylvia died which may or may not be significant. They could have provided "motivation" to get Malistaire to turn. In any case, I don't think Gloria had anything to do with it, she seems a devoted friend but I think there are grounds for suspicion of foul play from other sources.

Great question.

Moira Stormheart

Mastermind
Oct 21, 2013
Survivor
Jul 27, 2010
I, as a wizard, wouldn't trust anyone other than the Ravenwood Professors and the Headmaster and Gamma.

Gretta Darkettle was once a professor at Ravenwood... she turned to the Cabal. As did Duncan Grimwater. Who else can we put our trust into? The Arcanum? They're fishy.

Gloria Krendel. Would she have a motive for murdering Sylvia? Who knows.

But let's speculate. If Gloria did induce Sylvia's fatal sickness, Malistaire would not have known. Maybe Gloria had affiliations with the Cabal. Sylvia could have been a possible anti-Cabal agent working under the guidance of Headmaster Ambrose, defending the school from inside Wizard City.

This is all purely speculation, mind you.