Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Confused????

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 05, 2011
A guy messaged me in the commons saying he would help me if I gifted him a pack. So I did. Then he said it didn't show up on his screen and made me gift him two more. Then he said he got a bone dragon mount from it. I gifted him the keepers lore pack. I know that that is not a possible reward. Then he deleted me off his friends list. What happened????

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
It cannot be said enough times. You have been scammed. Do not gift people anything, especially people you-do-not-know!

You have been suckered into gifting when you will not be receiving anything. Stop falling for this.

If people really want to help you they will do it for FREE. If someone asks you for payment (aka: spending your real money) for helping you, DO NOT DO IT !!!!!

OMG, how many times do we have to explain it before people listen?

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
balance wizard on Mar 15, 2017 wrote:
A guy messaged me in the commons saying he would help me if I gifted him a pack. So I did. Then he said it didn't show up on his screen and made me gift him two more. Then he said he got a bone dragon mount from it. I gifted him the keepers lore pack. I know that that is not a possible reward. Then he deleted me off his friends list. What happened????
I feel so sad for you, he scammed you into gifting him 2 extra packs by a lie, then he didn't help you. In the future learn from this mistake and don't trust strangers on the internet.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
What happened was he took advantage of a kind soul, exploited for as much as they could, lied, and blocked.
You can still try to report it if you want. Just contact support, (bottom of page this website), tell them everything you can remember, such as date, approximate time, what happened, if you can't remember the person's name maybe their school or what they wore, who knows.

Good luck and consider it a hard 'life lesson' I guess. We all learn the hard way at some point in life. Could've been worse I guess.

Sorry that happened to you.

Survivor
May 09, 2015
BrynnerOfReign on Mar 16, 2017 wrote:
It cannot be said enough times. You have been scammed. Do not gift people anything, especially people you-do-not-know!

You have been suckered into gifting when you will not be receiving anything. Stop falling for this.

If people really want to help you they will do it for FREE. If someone asks you for payment (aka: spending your real money) for helping you, DO NOT DO IT !!!!!

OMG, how many times do we have to explain it before people listen?
Look, it is unfortunate that this problem keeps reoccurring but you can not blame him/her for their mistake (even if there has been a lot of warnings.), mistakes happen and we learn from them, we need experiences like this one to teach us to STAY SAFE ONLINE. I am not saying that what you said is wrong but personally I felt a little aggression from your post, and if you didn't mean it like that then I apologize for my accusation.
Peace out wizards

Survivor
Dec 15, 2010
These are just my thoughts and my view of situations like this. I personally do not agree with telling new players that everyone who makes an offer to help for a gift is a scammer, as payment, and is in my opinion, discriminative towards those types of people. I do agree though with the idea of spreading awareness to people that people who are deceptive lurk around in this game and use deceptive practices which intent is the exploitation of someone's trust in order to obtain a digital item that holds no value in the real world. Though I would disagree with labeling all of the people who ask for a gift a scammer. (In response to Brynne's post.)

The pack you mentioned in your post does indeed not contain, nor has it ever, the Bone Dragon mount the player claimed he received. He deceived you through deceptive practices and exploited your trust for a digital item, leaving you behind, confused. This is an example of the types of people you can run across not just in this game, but on any online platform that involves communication with other people or players. Walk away from this and remember this experience, and use it as a learning experience. Whenever someone asks you for a gift, think about this experience and make and draw your own conclusions on if the person is trustworthy or not instead of asking other people to draw your own conclusions for you, as this helps you grow as a person and might help you in the future to better become an independent individual. Please take everything I have said into consideration, as I believe that by thinking with this mindset it will help you in the future, though please do not by any means feel forced to take my recommended actions and instead decide for yourself if my advice seems useful to you or may be beneficial to consider in the future

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
SparkleTude on Mar 16, 2017 wrote:
What happened was he took advantage of a kind soul, exploited for as much as they could, lied, and blocked.
You can still try to report it if you want. Just contact support, (bottom of page this website), tell them everything you can remember, such as date, approximate time, what happened, if you can't remember the person's name maybe their school or what they wore, who knows.

Good luck and consider it a hard 'life lesson' I guess. We all learn the hard way at some point in life. Could've been worse I guess.

Sorry that happened to you.
Unfortunately, you can't report this. It has never been a reportable offense. But it is something that has been posted about numerous times that players should take heed.

Anytime someone wants you to gift them for any assistance or hatch, WALK AWAY.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Zaun20 on Mar 17, 2017 wrote:
Look, it is unfortunate that this problem keeps reoccurring but you can not blame him/her for their mistake (even if there has been a lot of warnings.), mistakes happen and we learn from them, we need experiences like this one to teach us to STAY SAFE ONLINE. I am not saying that what you said is wrong but personally I felt a little aggression from your post, and if you didn't mean it like that then I apologize for my accusation.
Peace out wizards
It is unfortunate, however, it is their mistake and must accept the consequences for their action(s). You can't 'soft-pedal' past the problem by patting them on the back and say "it's okay, this time you were scammed, but next time you can take another chance of someone scamming you".

This lesson has been posted oodles of times. The OP has been on the boards and they have been in the game since 2011 and should have known better.

I once again reiterate, DO NOT gift real-money items to anyone you don't know, particularly ones that say they will give or do something if you gift them. It's a scam, plain and simple.

Better to be safe than sorry.

Brynn