Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ideas for a Storm?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 20, 2011
I recently started Dragonspyre and I was wondering any ideas or tips you have for me so I can easily get through this world. Ive been informed before that the world is pretty hard, and I know that the final boss is Malistare. Any ideas?

Olivia Lightgarden Level 45 - Storm

Survivor
Jul 20, 2011
Joshamongus on Mar 15, 2017 wrote:
I recently started Dragonspyre and I was wondering any ideas or tips you have for me so I can easily get through this world. Ive been informed before that the world is pretty hard, and I know that the final boss is Malistare. Any ideas?

By the way, I once got confused on worlds and did Grizzleheim, thinking it was the main story when it wasn't. Thats why i'm a higher level than I'm SUPPOSED to be.

Survivor
Apr 08, 2012
Joshamongus on Mar 15, 2017 wrote:

Hello there Olivia. I don't know what it's like being a storm anymore but my brother has a storm and I sometimes watch him. I suggest treasure card blades and traps since storm can do high damage anyways. Shielding may also come in handy. You can also upgrade your gear if possible.

Nicholas SkullBlade

Level 58
Wizard101 Veteran

Survivor
Jul 20, 2011
AstralAndShadow on Apr 8, 2017 wrote:
Hello there Olivia. I don't know what it's like being a storm anymore but my brother has a storm and I sometimes watch him. I suggest treasure card blades and traps since storm can do high damage anyways. Shielding may also come in handy. You can also upgrade your gear if possible.

Nicholas SkullBlade

Level 58
Wizard101 Veteran
Thanks. I really needed some help on that. For my gear I will try to get some more Storm related items. I do have a Frankenbunny from that one Halloween event, but if you have any other ideas please tell me!

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Joshamongus on Mar 17, 2017 wrote:
By the way, I once got confused on worlds and did Grizzleheim, thinking it was the main story when it wasn't. Thats why i'm a higher level than I'm SUPPOSED to be.
Being a Higher level than required for entering a new world is never a bad thing. In fact, it can be to your advantage.

Survivor
Jun 06, 2017
If you're having trouble with storm, use these tricks to your advantage:

Minimize the amount of spells you have in your deck, simplicity can be better. When I was in DS, I would have a deck for just the typical monster fights with:

2-3 Tempests
2 Blades
2 Feints
2 Elemental Blades
2 Pixies
2-4 Prisms (if against storm)

Treasure cards are important as well - I would suggest 'strong' TC for your tempest. 'Pierce' TC in case a Tower Shield is placed over your Feint or if a Myth Shield gets placed before your Prism. 'Fortify' TC to take the force of the attacks without losing too much HP. Any heal TC generally work also, it's even better if you have a mastery amulet.

Gear-wise, I would suggest Zeus' Level 30 gear with Sky Iron Hasta (+1 powerpip and +10% damage). I use the feint amulet, but until level 50 I was using a lightning bat amulet, but the amulet is largely up to preference. For the athame and ring, you can go with the typical HP and Mana priorities. These will make it so you can survive longer before needing to heal. If you want to play a more aggressive storm I would suggest gear that gives more powerpip chance. Powerpip chance is basically damage when you consider Tempest.

If you still can't get through it as well, try and find someone to quest with - I stumble across people on the same quest as I am all the time. The easiest way to do this is to stay click team up on a dungeon you have to do. Generally you will find other people who need to do the same dungeon and voila, you just found a questing buddy.

Good luck!