Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Important Message to KingsIsle -

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 19, 2010
Hello KingsIsle, i'm an old player in wizard101. I hope i get a reply and some changes happen in the game explained below. The issue occurs exactly in life wizards, beside i got storm, death, and myth wizards which are doing fine; however, the problem is that life happen to be made very WEAK in the game its self. life wizards spells such as guardian spirit has been cut from 25% to 15% while in the gears anyone can use Guardian spirit up to 20% out of the school of life wizards!! The school attacks are weak, and useless at some point unlike other schools.

The death wizards in pvp are a big ISSUE, they can do all they want unlike OTHER SCHOOLS, and exactly can do what life school wizards DOES!! in Pvp death can swap death hits to heal, which is fine, given the spell "Poison" spell which breaks all the shields, fine.., and life needs this type of spells too. then animate, this spell lets them animate MINIONS of high health and attacks and the wizards use tower shields on the minions! how is this fair?? up to 1200 to 1400 health. Why are death wizards given all of this? Isn't minion use only for myth? Why can't other schools cast high level minion except death school??! why is it not allowed for other schools to cast strong minions like death ones?? how is this FAIR?? on the other hand, life amulet usage by death wizards, they heal and use guardian spirit!!! how is this fair they're using life special SPELLS!!! Death school is "Over Powered", yet given Bad juju spell too. Why does the game ignore "Life wizards" and always release spells with very WEAK attacks?? We've paid alot but death wizards can USE ALL school spells while others CANNOT, and in addition they got strong spells which life lacks.

On the other hand, in PVP, Death wizards cast "DOOM and GLOOM" which gives -65 and in Treasure cards -75!! If KINGSISLE weakened LIFE attack and gave the ability for DEATH wizards to weaken the healing so what could the life do??? **WE CANNOT attack strong attack OR HEAL with high amounts??!!** Life wizards got nothing unique Anymore? what's our job in the game?? Death can heal with amulet, with strong hits, with bad juju, with gears carrying guardian spirit, with Strong minions and the most annoying this by few amounts of PIPS too!! DOOM AND GLOOM only for 2 PIPS, While life Sanctuary for 3 spells, even death attacking spells casts few with large attacks, while life casts more PIPS with WEAK Attack!! We forgot the absorb too, which doesn't work on death spells too!!

By comparing my two wizards, death and life, it's unfair Death wizards given all other school abilities even if i'm a death wizard, we've destroyed other wizards abilities, making it easier for death, and making it hard for life!! Why it casts so much PIPS to cast on life wizards?? When i Use death i Win in PVP and when i use Life i Lose in PVP no Matter what strategies since death is given everything with Few PIPS to cast. KINGSISLE is this fair? Please Fix this issue and don't ignore!

Survivor
Jun 26, 2011
Life pvp is so easy. Honestly I find it easier than death. You just need to change your strategy. If your lower lvl try using a myth or a balance mastery. Spells like spiny and weaver are very useful as well. Try to search up some pvp guides for your instead instead of calling for a nerf. I know first hand death is extremely weak at champion (like storm). Also go for high damage and resist. As long as you try to control the match, even from second, you can win

Survivor
Jul 19, 2010
shinyteddy on Mar 12, 2017 wrote:
Hello KingsIsle, i'm an old player in wizard101. I hope i get a reply and some changes happen in the game explained below. The issue occurs exactly in life wizards, beside i got storm, death, and myth wizards which are doing fine; however, the problem is that life happen to be made very WEAK in the game its self. life wizards spells such as guardian spirit has been cut from 25% to 15% while in the gears anyone can use Guardian spirit up to 20% out of the school of life wizards!! The school attacks are weak, and useless at some point unlike other schools.

The death wizards in pvp are a big ISSUE, they can do all they want unlike OTHER SCHOOLS, and exactly can do what life school wizards DOES!! in Pvp death can swap death hits to heal, which is fine, given the spell "Poison" spell which breaks all the shields, fine.., and life needs this type of spells too. then animate, this spell lets them animate MINIONS of high health and attacks and the wizards use tower shields on the minions! how is this fair?? up to 1200 to 1400 health. Why are death wizards given all of this? Isn't minion use only for myth? Why can't other schools cast high level minion except death school??! why is it not allowed for other schools to cast strong minions like death ones?? how is this FAIR?? on the other hand, life amulet usage by death wizards, they heal and use guardian spirit!!! how is this fair they're using life special SPELLS!!! Death school is "Over Powered", yet given Bad juju spell too. Why does the game ignore "Life wizards" and always release spells with very WEAK attacks?? We've paid alot but death wizards can USE ALL school spells while others CANNOT, and in addition they got strong spells which life lacks.

On the other hand, in PVP, Death wizards cast "DOOM and GLOOM" which gives -65 and in Treasure cards -75!! If KINGSISLE weakened LIFE attack and gave the ability for DEATH wizards to weaken the healing so what could the life do??? **WE CANNOT attack strong attack OR HEAL with high amounts??!!** Life wizards got nothing unique Anymore? what's our job in the game?? Death can heal with amulet, with strong hits, with bad juju, with gears carrying guardian spirit, with Strong minions and the most annoying this by few amounts of PIPS too!! DOOM AND GLOOM only for 2 PIPS, While life Sanctuary for 3 spells, even death attacking spells casts few with large attacks, while life casts more PIPS with WEAK Attack!! We forgot the absorb too, which doesn't work on death spells too!!

By comparing my two wizards, death and life, it's unfair Death wizards given all other school abilities even if i'm a death wizard, we've destroyed other wizards abilities, making it easier for death, and making it hard for life!! Why it casts so much PIPS to cast on life wizards?? When i Use death i Win in PVP and when i use Life i Lose in PVP no Matter what strategies since death is given everything with Few PIPS to cast. KINGSISLE is this fair? Please Fix this issue and don't ignore!
Not really, even death couldn't win those "Death spammers". Go to pvp, they're jades which i don't care about, then they keep spamming "Bad juju", Using all schools dispelling spells, this weakens life "Attack", then uses "Gloom and Bloom" which lowers much life healing spells. Life can't attack and can't heal! so life finally dies. forgot to say, these wizards use "Guardian spirit" and then Cast the minion known as 'Animate". There is no strategy to win those.. they just make us all run out of spells so in the end the opponents flee and this isn't the purpose of pvp! even if got Resistance gears, what's the purpose? i'm not talking about resisting gears, but about the Bad juju spamming and all i mentioned above. changing strategy won't help even if you're level 120 you'll never be able to remove bad juju spamming.

Survivor
Jul 19, 2010
miranda deathgem on Mar 12, 2017 wrote:
Life pvp is so easy. Honestly I find it easier than death. You just need to change your strategy. If your lower lvl try using a myth or a balance mastery. Spells like spiny and weaver are very useful as well. Try to search up some pvp guides for your instead instead of calling for a nerf. I know first hand death is extremely weak at champion (like storm). Also go for high damage and resist. As long as you try to control the match, even from second, you can win
I've replied and hope my message is clear.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
The death school is the lowest tier school in 1v1.

That being said the jade juju strategy is very effective and overcentralizing especially against newer players.

The jade juju strategy needs to be addressed but the death school itself is fairly weak at champion pvp.

Survivor
Jul 19, 2010
Eric Stormbringer on Mar 16, 2017 wrote:
The death school is the lowest tier school in 1v1.

That being said the jade juju strategy is very effective and overcentralizing especially against newer players.

The jade juju strategy needs to be addressed but the death school itself is fairly weak at champion pvp.
spamming BAD juju -90 And healing won't let you have a huge DAMAGE, so the damage will be 100. If newer players are affected why all the PVP players complaining about this unfair thing? It seems you have a death wizard and defending it so wizard won't change anything in death wizards or Make updates.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
shinyteddy on Mar 17, 2017 wrote:
spamming BAD juju -90 And healing won't let you have a huge DAMAGE, so the damage will be 100. If newer players are affected why all the PVP players complaining about this unfair thing? It seems you have a death wizard and defending it so wizard won't change anything in death wizards or Make updates.
I agree with you that jade juju is overcentralizing. In fact I am one of the strongest supporters of countermeasures to said strategy. However, one strategy does not define a school. The life school has a similar stall strategy known as the Angel strategy. Is the life school now overpowered?

What does having a death have to do with the topic at hand? I have a death AND you're wrong. The 2 are independent.

Survivor
Jul 19, 2010
Eric Stormbringer on Mar 17, 2017 wrote:
I agree with you that jade juju is overcentralizing. In fact I am one of the strongest supporters of countermeasures to said strategy. However, one strategy does not define a school. The life school has a similar stall strategy known as the Angel strategy. Is the life school now overpowered?

What does having a death have to do with the topic at hand? I have a death AND you're wrong. The 2 are independent.
The topic most focuses about Bad juju and there you said it it's overcentralizing, spamming isn't a strategy. Life Guardian spirit can be lowered by doom and gloom -65 and -75. Bad juju can't be lowered. Ended.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
shinyteddy on Mar 18, 2017 wrote:
The topic most focuses about Bad juju and there you said it it's overcentralizing, spamming isn't a strategy. Life Guardian spirit can be lowered by doom and gloom -65 and -75. Bad juju can't be lowered. Ended.
If you are indeed focuses on the topic of bad juju and jade interaction then ask for a change there not for the entire death school. Guardian Spirit can be lowered but not removed. Juju can be removed cleanse charm, wands, d shift) but not lowered.

Survivor
Jul 19, 2010
Eric Stormbringer on Mar 18, 2017 wrote:
If you are indeed focuses on the topic of bad juju and jade interaction then ask for a change there not for the entire death school. Guardian Spirit can be lowered but not removed. Juju can be removed cleanse charm, wands, d shift) but not lowered.
Where did i say CHANGE the WHOLE School of death? School of death needs changes and it's UNFAIR. Cleanse can't be used by all players and since it's only treasure cards to it runs out, Bad Juju can be used again after reshuffle, every reshuffle 8 Max copies are ALLOWED?! That's not fair??? Bad juju should be lowered at LEAST. My Message to KINGSISLE not to anyone else. and since you're death sure you'll keep on defending even if it's unfair. ended. waiting reply or at least KINGSISLE to read it up, nothing else.

Survivor
Sep 01, 2008
shinyteddy on Mar 12, 2017 wrote:

In my opinion all schools are equal and that life can very well win matches if you have the right gear and strategy, I would suggest trying new things maybe more dmg here or more resist there either way its not unfair it's just that you might want to consider trying new strategies.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
shinyteddy on Mar 19, 2017 wrote:
Where did i say CHANGE the WHOLE School of death? School of death needs changes and it's UNFAIR. Cleanse can't be used by all players and since it's only treasure cards to it runs out, Bad Juju can be used again after reshuffle, every reshuffle 8 Max copies are ALLOWED?! That's not fair??? Bad juju should be lowered at LEAST. My Message to KINGSISLE not to anyone else. and since you're death sure you'll keep on defending even if it's unfair. ended. waiting reply or at least KINGSISLE to read it up, nothing else.
You said it very clearly throughout your original post. Bad Juju itself could be changed or a counterspell could be made easily available. Either works. Your message to KI is fine, I am free to disagree with it and offer counterarguments. KI reads all comments on here, you don't have a monopoly on opinion.

Survivor
May 02, 2015
shinyteddy on Mar 19, 2017 wrote:
If you actually did pvp you would know that death is literally at the bottom of the pvp table... they can only jade and that's it same goes for life. schools are unique in their own way, death is a drain school and life is mainly a SUPPORT helping other etc, therefore the only pvp life will be useful is in 4v4 etc. Also, life get better gear in terms of outgoing and incoming so surely their heals are more Effective? They get healing blades too. So if you have problems with 1v1ing as a life then you my friend may need to make another wiz. Also if you want your message to be directly to kingsisle then you can always email them :) my opinions/comments are allowed to be stated on here.

Survivor
Jul 19, 2010
luke ravenmask on Mar 19, 2017 wrote:
If you actually did pvp you would know that death is literally at the bottom of the pvp table... they can only jade and that's it same goes for life. schools are unique in their own way, death is a drain school and life is mainly a SUPPORT helping other etc, therefore the only pvp life will be useful is in 4v4 etc. Also, life get better gear in terms of outgoing and incoming so surely their heals are more Effective? They get healing blades too. So if you have problems with 1v1ing as a life then you my friend may need to make another wiz. Also if you want your message to be directly to kingsisle then you can always email them :) my opinions/comments are allowed to be stated on here.
Check the 3rd AGE leaderboard which school started owning the PVP before talking, Death isn't at the bottom. I'm complaining and i'm free too and i didn't tell you that you should comment. if didn't like it then go to another topic. Many complains are made not only I'm who does it. I've said whatever i said and i'm not repeating, read it again by yourself. Outgoing and incoming has no sense when your hits are blocked by a bad juju -90 spamming every turn. Making new wizard? Why not to make Life stronger? All schools are strong hitters?! You're not stating only, you're telling me TO Do what you're wanting in your opinion which is a force. Ended.

Survivor
Jul 19, 2010
agentsmoosh on Mar 19, 2017 wrote:
In my opinion all schools are equal and that life can very well win matches if you have the right gear and strategy, I would suggest trying new things maybe more dmg here or more resist there either way its not unfair it's just that you might want to consider trying new strategies.
Okay, give me a strategy since you're a life to Kill a death wizard who just Spams bad juju EVERY TURN in pvp "-90". How to kill them? and they stay about 15 hours doing it with Reshuffles. Waiting for your answer.

Survivor
Jul 19, 2010
Eric Stormbringer on Mar 19, 2017 wrote:
You said it very clearly throughout your original post. Bad Juju itself could be changed or a counterspell could be made easily available. Either works. Your message to KI is fine, I am free to disagree with it and offer counterarguments. KI reads all comments on here, you don't have a monopoly on opinion.
Yes it should be changed at LEAST as i said. You're free to disagree but not giving wrong solutions and telling me, a person with a high level life wizard to change my strategy. I've changed strategies and haven't work. that's all your comment and shouldn't force your opinion on others. KI reads all comments and hope they do something like changes to it since it's not fair. Your offers is given so KI doesn't do anything to this Spell and both schools actually. Got nothing other to say? Cya later.

Survivor
Sep 04, 2008
Life isn't meant to deal a lot of damage. The school of life focuses on healing, of that I'm sure you're aware. It's not going to ever get high damage spells, because life wizards are meant to heal and support their allies. Life has gotten a lot of attention over the years too. Higher level life wizards have access to a great low pip, spammable spell in the form of Luminous Weaver, and their Darkmoore shadow spell is one of the best, granting the caster a free 800 absorb after dealing a decent amount of damage. True, death can bypass the absorbs with drains but drains aren't inherently that powerful, even after enchantment.

Yes, death does have a lot of annoying charms like doom and gloom and bad juju, and yes, Death can use life exclusive spells like guardian spirit, but the same goes for you as a life wizard! You too have some annoying spells up your sleeves and can also obtain and use Death exclusive spells like bad juju. Being prepared for a variety of opponents and predicting your opponents moves and acting accordingly is a big part of PVP, and if you can't effectively do that, then I think PVP might not be for you. No one can force you do do anything you don't wanna do. If you don't want to switch up your strategy, thats fine, but then don't expect to win arena duels. Don't blame the school for your lack of skill in the arena, as each school has the potential to be great, especially the life school.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
shinyteddy on Mar 20, 2017 wrote:
Check the 3rd AGE leaderboard which school started owning the PVP before talking, Death isn't at the bottom. I'm complaining and i'm free too and i didn't tell you that you should comment. if didn't like it then go to another topic. Many complains are made not only I'm who does it. I've said whatever i said and i'm not repeating, read it again by yourself. Outgoing and incoming has no sense when your hits are blocked by a bad juju -90 spamming every turn. Making new wizard? Why not to make Life stronger? All schools are strong hitters?! You're not stating only, you're telling me TO Do what you're wanting in your opinion which is a force. Ended.
You must be looking at different leaderboards if you see death as the most successful school.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
shinyteddy on Mar 20, 2017 wrote:
Yes it should be changed at LEAST as i said. You're free to disagree but not giving wrong solutions and telling me, a person with a high level life wizard to change my strategy. I've changed strategies and haven't work. that's all your comment and shouldn't force your opinion on others. KI reads all comments and hope they do something like changes to it since it's not fair. Your offers is given so KI doesn't do anything to this Spell and both schools actually. Got nothing other to say? Cya later.
I can hardly make sense of what you're saying anymore. If the strategy that you changed is still not working then try another. Jade juju is annoying but its not unbeatable.

Survivor
Jul 19, 2010
Daloris101 on Mar 21, 2017 wrote:
Life isn't meant to deal a lot of damage. The school of life focuses on healing, of that I'm sure you're aware. It's not going to ever get high damage spells, because life wizards are meant to heal and support their allies. Life has gotten a lot of attention over the years too. Higher level life wizards have access to a great low pip, spammable spell in the form of Luminous Weaver, and their Darkmoore shadow spell is one of the best, granting the caster a free 800 absorb after dealing a decent amount of damage. True, death can bypass the absorbs with drains but drains aren't inherently that powerful, even after enchantment.

Yes, death does have a lot of annoying charms like doom and gloom and bad juju, and yes, Death can use life exclusive spells like guardian spirit, but the same goes for you as a life wizard! You too have some annoying spells up your sleeves and can also obtain and use Death exclusive spells like bad juju. Being prepared for a variety of opponents and predicting your opponents moves and acting accordingly is a big part of PVP, and if you can't effectively do that, then I think PVP might not be for you. No one can force you do do anything you don't wanna do. If you don't want to switch up your strategy, thats fine, but then don't expect to win arena duels. Don't blame the school for your lack of skill in the arena, as each school has the potential to be great, especially the life school.
Alright, give a strategy to win a death that keeps spamming bad juju every turn with the help of empower for 10 to 15 hours without stopping in pvp. Waiting for an answer.

Survivor
Jul 19, 2010
Eric Stormbringer on Mar 21, 2017 wrote:
I can hardly make sense of what you're saying anymore. If the strategy that you changed is still not working then try another. Jade juju is annoying but its not unbeatable.
Alright, give a strategy to win a death that keeps spamming bad juju every turn with the help of empower for 10 to 15 hours without stopping in pvp. Waiting for an answer. and I want it to be a useable strategy. Got one post it away what you're waiting for

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
shinyteddy on Mar 21, 2017 wrote:
Alright, give a strategy to win a death that keeps spamming bad juju every turn with the help of empower for 10 to 15 hours without stopping in pvp. Waiting for an answer. and I want it to be a useable strategy. Got one post it away what you're waiting for
Certainly. Jade Juju is best addressed via tactics not strategy. If you set up a pure counter juju strat, chances are you will lose your regular matches. Instead focus on a standard deck but adapt your tactics to the opponent.

Now the first step is to identify the opponent as juju immediately as the battle starts. This is fairly easy- If you see a max death with 5-5.5k hp or close then you know you're fighting a jade juju.

Once identification is made you need to start cycling for shrike, combo moves, buffs and finishers.

Remove juju as they come with low cost attacks such as leprechaun and weaver. If you can remove a juju and an additional shield/weakness with one attack that's all the better. You can also establish your minion and defend it for free heals and shield breaks. Once you have two shadow pips and are relatively clear of juju you are ready. Buff with blades (risky since most jujus carry mc enfeeble but still effective), Brown spider and devotion. Enter strike at high pip levels and prepare to combo. You can use myth banshee for a cheap stun combo that also removes a juju or shift grendle for a fizzle combo if stun shield is up. If your combo fails, rebuild pips and buffs and wait for your next oppurtunity while removing debuffs.

You also have other combo options against a pip starved juju such as life scarab, midnight sprite, shift greenoak or in rare cases feint.

Survivor
Jul 19, 2010
Eric Stormbringer on Mar 22, 2017 wrote:
Certainly. Jade Juju is best addressed via tactics not strategy. If you set up a pure counter juju strat, chances are you will lose your regular matches. Instead focus on a standard deck but adapt your tactics to the opponent.

Now the first step is to identify the opponent as juju immediately as the battle starts. This is fairly easy- If you see a max death with 5-5.5k hp or close then you know you're fighting a jade juju.

Once identification is made you need to start cycling for shrike, combo moves, buffs and finishers.

Remove juju as they come with low cost attacks such as leprechaun and weaver. If you can remove a juju and an additional shield/weakness with one attack that's all the better. You can also establish your minion and defend it for free heals and shield breaks. Once you have two shadow pips and are relatively clear of juju you are ready. Buff with blades (risky since most jujus carry mc enfeeble but still effective), Brown spider and devotion. Enter strike at high pip levels and prepare to combo. You can use myth banshee for a cheap stun combo that also removes a juju or shift grendle for a fizzle combo if stun shield is up. If your combo fails, rebuild pips and buffs and wait for your next oppurtunity while removing debuffs.

You also have other combo options against a pip starved juju such as life scarab, midnight sprite, shift greenoak or in rare cases feint.
I've already have done what you've described, These death wizard "Bad juju spammers" in Pvp, have 30 Reshuffle treasure cards, plus trained reshuffles so they can stay longer. Tried even the minion, even other minions out of life school, Unhelpful. They use empower, bad juju, then again, till you run out of spells then, then heal, and plus they got the normal weakness spell trained. plus their high resist with pet universal resist +15% including spell defy and spell proof. and their resist +74 from the gears. so in total 89% Universal resist, and the pet itself gives more by 15% to another schools 3 more schools. so storm can be resisted for example 104% which can be immune and the pet gives 2 more +15 resist to other schools which can make the storm to be resisted at 119% and with the help of the pet JEWEL, you can get more +10% universal resist. which means you're immune to ALL SCHOOLS. which means you need to built up so hard to hit. you can't blade or anything and if you hit without blades your damage is WEAK. attacking with high damage has only 1%. since you'll use all the blades on removing the bad juju. In the end you lost your time 10+ hours, lost tickets, for such a thing. You've gotta try it. That's what i'm talking about and why it's UNFAIR.

Survivor
Jul 19, 2010
Eric Stormbringer on Mar 22, 2017 wrote:

If you attending the pvp, i'm sure you know that bad juju Spammers matches lasts from 10+ hours to 2 days. Well. They pop up everywhere and have increased. battle one of them and tell me if you've bet any.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
shinyteddy on Mar 23, 2017 wrote:
I've already have done what you've described, These death wizard "Bad juju spammers" in Pvp, have 30 Reshuffle treasure cards, plus trained reshuffles so they can stay longer. Tried even the minion, even other minions out of life school, Unhelpful. They use empower, bad juju, then again, till you run out of spells then, then heal, and plus they got the normal weakness spell trained. plus their high resist with pet universal resist +15% including spell defy and spell proof. and their resist +74 from the gears. so in total 89% Universal resist, and the pet itself gives more by 15% to another schools 3 more schools. so storm can be resisted for example 104% which can be immune and the pet gives 2 more +15 resist to other schools which can make the storm to be resisted at 119% and with the help of the pet JEWEL, you can get more +10% universal resist. which means you're immune to ALL SCHOOLS. which means you need to built up so hard to hit. you can't blade or anything and if you hit without blades your damage is WEAK. attacking with high damage has only 1%. since you'll use all the blades on removing the bad juju. In the end you lost your time 10+ hours, lost tickets, for such a thing. You've gotta try it. That's what i'm talking about and why it's UNFAIR.
As Iv'e stated before it comes down to timing, building your pips and resources and comboing. If you are uselessly spamming your attacks willy nilly then you will get nowhere.