Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 3-10-17

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 25, 2011
add more colors to the dye shop remove the limitations on girls/guys colors and either fix or remove the earn crowns button

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
I agree somewhat with updating textures. A lot of the newer areas look and feel smoother. Having the death school back in position would be cool, but idk what would happen to Nightside. I also agree to updating the shop signs in the shopping district. It is so dark, what if Wizard City had a Day night Cycle that would be cool. Also if the shops sold more items. Sorry got a little off topic. Just smoothing out textures and adding more details to backgrounds would be great.

Defender
Apr 06, 2013
Professor Falmea on Mar 10, 2017 wrote:
Hello Wizards! It's Friday, once again, and we all know what that means, right?

This week, let's talk about renovations. If you could change one area of Wizard City, what would you change and how would it look once you were done? Would you spruce up Golem Tower? Upgrade the shopping district? Give the Headmaster's office a makeover? We're curious to know what you would choose!

Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!Save
Come to think of it, I would like to see the headmaster's office expand a bit more and change how it looks. It seems a bit dull and when new players come into the game, the first place they come in is in the office. Giving a good look to the office would give a good impression for the player for the whole game.

Alejandro

Delver
Jul 24, 2015
Merle, the teachers, and the Ravenwood trees are all major characters in the Spiral. They should have updated, Mirage-style graphics and animations - and perhaps some additional quests tied into the daily assignments.

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
ChicoValerian on Mar 10, 2017 wrote:
I would add a pet rescue and adoption center to the Pet Pavilion where unwanted pets could be put up for adoption. They would be neutered for no charge before being adopted out. It would cost a few crowns to put your pet for adoption, and the proceeds would benefit a no-kill pet shelter in Austin Texas.
I love this idea in general and there are more than a few people already wishing for it. This thread has a variety of ideas of how it could work and even hashes some problems out. https://www.wizard101.com/forum/the-dorms/pet-adoption-8ad6a4154e48b0c2014e4c1cef1a1454

I really hope KI can do this.

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
I love Wizard City - it's still one of my favorite places to hang out and play --yes I start wizards over and over to do so.

As such, I wouldn't change much at all -- but the greenery could use a fix. The trees, bushes and flowers have come such a long way from those first few years. I'd pull up all the old graphic landscaping and lay down the new ones from the more recent worlds.

But please please preserve the color schemes of the Wizard City areas - I love them so yes maybe you're pulling out snowy trees of WC style and transplanting snowy trees of Polaris -- pulling WC bushes and hedges out and adding Darkmoore styles -- but please alter the skins to match the old WC items coloring.

Also,
since it's one of my favorite areas I have long wished for an expansion to the area. No need to make it free to play as there are already member/crown areas.Once we graduate from Ravenwoodwe could be needed for any number of reasons. Or an expansion for lower levels could send us back between MB & DS - a level that could use some extra XP /character power. In that excursion we could be needed for a branching quest investigating something that would link up with what Morganth was doing with Shadow Magic - what was she up do during the events of DS? and what could Ambrose be suspicious about?Why are there areas of WC that we've never seen before? And why can we go there now to find clues to her activities? What was going on with her during her whole time in Ravenwood? How far did she get and what contacts did she make in WC that might know more?

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
thelastdiviner on Mar 11, 2017 wrote:
One particular place I am found of is the design of the Wizard City Library.
You are able to look down the halls of the library, showing extremely tall bookshelves and never ending paths between them. Unfortunately they are blocked off by rope stands .
Maybe there is an eerie backstory to why it was closed off to students? If not, could there be some sort of boss fight put in there? It would be funny if it dropped all the variations of the grimoire pets. (The pets that look like magical books!)
Even just adding small, little tables, chairs or maybe some bean bag cushions could really make the library more popular and even create a new area for wizards to meet up and hang out.
Ooo! How about adding a couple books on the shelves or tables that wizards can read, just like the ones in each of the schools. Short little fables on Bartleby's children or yearbooks of the first class of wizards!

Hope to see you all in the Spiral!

Nathan GreenEyes 120 PvP Commander
Nathan GreenEyes 110 Couch Potato Hoarder
Nathan GreenEyes 106+ Hot in more ways than one (lol)
(Currently questing through Polaris, join me!)
Ryan HexPyre 104 Always Dying
I've always wished we could go in there, too. I'd love a whole intricate real quest line that had us interacting with the books and researching - going off to battle and collect clues and coming back to researching and interacting with different books. Maybe a puzzle kind of thing where we have to use the books in the right order to make it all make sense correctly ( as in there are erroneous paths to take that make sense - but do not lead to the proper conclusions or next step.) (Like with real research and detective work. As such, there should be a way in the middle and end to reassess the work you've done to reorder the information - a second chance to course correct where you don't have to just go back and interact with the books again in a new order till you get it right.)

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
christina057 on Mar 12, 2017 wrote:
add more colors to the dye shop remove the limitations on girls/guys colors and either fix or remove the earn crowns button
Yes please - the dye shop needs more colors. Once I asked for all the colors in the game - that was impractical I understand. But the interface could be redone so that girls and boys have access to all the same colors. Just the "new" shades would be a real boost. Please, Please think about this. It could be that the two pages are integrated so that the shades of both are in the same space. Where there there are square patches of color now - there could be narrower rectangles--half the boy and half the girl coloring that space.

I think I remember there's a coding problem with adding new colors to old garment styles -- for example the girls version of the WC jester's outfit using boys colors. (or for me specifically the girl's light blue AND the boy's light blue)

Each world has only a few new clothing styles.

Eloise's stock could be changed in each world to be new garments that look like the current ones but take both boys and girls colors in either style.(meaning how different the shape of a boy garment is from a girl garment - that's preserved but the new "blank" is dye-able in all the colors.) And, unlike now, she could also carry the other dungeon styles, too, in a blank version. We just buy or win our currently available and color limited items - and then go buy a blank from her and stitch it and then go dye it any color we want at the dye shop. I think everything is stitch-able now. So that might work so we'd all be wearing all the same looks now available in game but we could all have boys and girls colors and we could mix them on a single garment. It also generates another crown service -- that I know would be popular. It's got us stitching again things that are already stitched as well as new items.

Champion
Mar 05, 2012
I agree with others that all of Wizard city (commons, unicorn way, golem court, shopping district etc.) could use some updated visual 'Charm'. it is feeling a little dated compared to newer worlds, agreed.

Defender
Apr 14, 2014
This might have no relation to the forum whatsoever. If this isn't made public, I understand.

I wouldn't really spruce up any area in Wizard City, although maybe you should make the Bazaar look different from the other shops in Wizard City because it isn't a shop where low level gear is sold, but rather an auction house where you can sell to other players.

But the real point is you should expand a little.

Not add a new area in WC, but look at all of the houses that aren't accessible at the max level. There's always room to expand, and not just in Wizard City.

Defender
Apr 14, 2014
average moe on Mar 11, 2017 wrote:
I would make it so the Royal Palace in Crab Alley doesn't have a sigil at the front door, and the throne room is non-instanced. The fight with King Amadeo would be moved to behind one of the doors to the side of the room, with a sigil placed in front of it. He deserves to be repeatable.
Yep. And considering I saw at least two doors within the Royal Palace, maybe make it so that there is more than one boss. Maybe somehow, a concert goes wrong and the wizard has to defeat whomever ruined it.

Defender
Apr 14, 2014
thelastdiviner on Mar 11, 2017 wrote:
One particular place I am found of is the design of the Wizard City Library.
You are able to look down the halls of the library, showing extremely tall bookshelves and never ending paths between them. Unfortunately they are blocked off by rope stands .
Maybe there is an eerie backstory to why it was closed off to students? If not, could there be some sort of boss fight put in there? It would be funny if it dropped all the variations of the grimoire pets. (The pets that look like magical books!)
Even just adding small, little tables, chairs or maybe some bean bag cushions could really make the library more popular and even create a new area for wizards to meet up and hang out.
Ooo! How about adding a couple books on the shelves or tables that wizards can read, just like the ones in each of the schools. Short little fables on Bartleby's children or yearbooks of the first class of wizards!

Hope to see you all in the Spiral!

Nathan GreenEyes 120 PvP Commander
Nathan GreenEyes 110 Couch Potato Hoarder
Nathan GreenEyes 106+ Hot in more ways than one (lol)
(Currently questing through Polaris, join me!)
Ryan HexPyre 104 Always Dying
There are always opportunities to expand in Wizard City. I wonder what will be added in the next update.

I like the idea. I LOVE lore and it's not enough that I get to read each piece of lore once. Maybe adding in Wizard City library archives or books could be great. And adding in more books to read would be great.

Defender
Apr 14, 2014
silver swordcoral on Mar 11, 2017 wrote:
The Library you know that door that's at the top of the stairs I'd make it so you can go in there it would be a small reading room where you could learn the history and secrets of the spiral or I'd add some flowers to unicorn way it really needs some flowers
Yes. Any expansion within a world is great, and it would be even greater if there was lore involved.

Defender
Apr 14, 2014
Tara Windwalker on Mar 11, 2017 wrote:
The Fairegrounds. I would change the Fairegrounds into a "rental party spot" (crowns or gold and wizs could contribute to fund the party). The Carousel would work (wizs could ride it); the tents would each hold traditional Carnival games (multiple wizs could compete against each other); there would be "temporary" food and balloons that wizs can carry around, but disappear in one hour; there would be a small stage for any wiz who wants to juggle, do a special dance, play an instrument or do magic tricks (these are skills we learn through quests); and a booth to get a temporary face painting (disappears in 1 hour).
It could be like a sigil, but for more than four wizards and there wouldn't be any creatures.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
I'd love more colors in the dye shop.
If that's not possible then please at least let all colors be available to all clothes or dyeables.
Gold and silver are not options with some things and would look great on some of those things.

I think the Destrier horse mount has no gold or silver options and it seems a natural for those colors.

Survivor
Mar 18, 2013
I'd go for a boss right after Yacate Farwalker in Alto Alto. Remember Ixtab from the Chamber of the King? He teleported Yacate to Morganthe after he stole the Badge of Leadership from Axaya Knifemoon. The boss would be him. He would be a Sun School boss. He would cheat by casting a random school 2000 damage AoE every two rounds, then follow up with a random school blade, which determines his next AoE's school. Azteca needs more cheating bosses, so that's why I made this guy cheat. The quest "Shadow of the Day" would still be active, but give more XP because of the extra boss.

Survivor
Mar 04, 2010
Fallon Fireblade on Mar 11, 2017 wrote:
I would spruce up the Commons to make it look more exciting! I mean it's the Commons, it needs to feel more like a hub of activity and less like the irrelevant distant memory it's beginning to feel like with so many other worlds that have been added after it. Going back to the Commons should just feel more magical to keep up with the enchantment of the more current content.
I love the homey feeling of the Commons in WC. I did like the idea of changing the plants, though. I just wish there was more to do in WC - so more story quests would be good. I like the idea of expanding the dye shop colors and some library quests maybe adding some secret doors and other quests that are un-mapped, un-advertised and yield surprising and great rewards if you find them. Maybe they only appear if you've already done something specific.

Mainly I wish there was more useful gear sold in the shops - really meaningful help - maybe more expensive than at the Bazaar - but good stuff for each level from 0-whatever you are if you do all the quests possible before Krok.They should be like specialty shops - not tokens to fill out the facade of a shopping district. I wish all the shops in all the worlds were like that. The best in-game gear available, that's not a dungeon or special boss drop, and always in stock, but maybe more expensive than the Bazaar. I also wish you'd put back the crown gear that was removed from the shops. And it would be nice if the shops all looked more individual inside.

Also, I wish the jewel vendor had more really good jewels - for all levels. They could be sold in mix & match batches for a crown price - (an interface like the Quick Sell would work.) say 3 x the cost of a single school Jewel Pack and maybe only 5 to a batch instead of the 7 in the packs. The higher cost is because we choose exactly the jewels we want and have no sad chance of getting nothing we cared about --and helps compensate KI for the fact that we're not buying a dozen packs to get one good jewel anymore. Increased demand for jewels could be created by adding sockets to the clothing. 1 for WC - GH, 2 for WY - CL, 3 ZF - KR, 4 for Polaris ...

Survivor
Mar 04, 2010
CUTEHORSEY on Mar 11, 2017 wrote:
On one of the streets, (probably Unicorn Way would make the most sense), line both sides with trees that contain leaves that change with the seasons. The trees would not have to extend along the entire street - maybe one main section, but they would definitely appear on both sides. Alternately, maybe extend Unicorn Way and add a new section which is a forest. In the forest would perhaps be a few unicorns. The forest trees would also have leaves that would change with the seasons. So for example, during the fall months (maybe September- November), the leaves would be many colors. Then from November-January, the leaves would start to fall off until there were none. Then in Spring months, there would be buds leading back to full leaves again by Summer. The season period would be based on where KingsIsle is located, but the tree / leaves pattern would follow four seasons.
I'd love it if there were seasonal skins for the whole of Wizard City. It would be so nice to see the seasons change..and snow and rain animations too.

Survivor
Mar 04, 2010
kris932h on Mar 11, 2017 wrote:
I personally would like to see a slight revamp of the Bazaar mechanics. One of my least favorite things to do is to wait around, waiting for a rare item like Sunstones to come up. I personally think a "Refresh" button should be added so you don't have to be cycling through each category to get back and reload the items. One annoying thing as well are that, a lot of the no auction items just aren't that good. Typically, most items are mediocre at best, like most mid-late game Athames. Also, why is there a button for school Treasure Cards, when I don't even think you can obtain any of them.
I just wish there was a slider for the TC sell. I can sell mass snacks - why not mass TC?

Survivor
Nov 12, 2010
Golem Tower should be level based similar to Winterbane and Midnight Sun Pagoda. So higher the level greater the reward.

Survivor
Dec 15, 2010
This may be a bit late, but I would like to add a recommendation to possibly consider. I feel that implementing an area into the game in Wizard City that allows free-to-play players a glimpse at the final product more clearly. This can be implemented in many ways, and by no means am I suggesting anything specific, but I think now is the time to let new players know a little more about what is on the other side of the door. With the addition of many new worlds, the addition of adding more complex and interesting game mechanics, and of course with the concept of shadow magic, I feel it is way overdue, but, I feel that if I don't mention it now, then I'll regret it later on. I don't think you really need to implement some huge explanation of what your getting in the final product, but handing the new player at a certain point when they have finished all the free to play areas a deck with perhaps Celestia, Zafaria, or even Azteca spells in a pre-determined deck set like a tutorial setup would show what the game is really capable of. Showing the player that more complex game mechanics are in the game before they reach out their credit card would be a really nice addition to the game.

Defender
Mar 28, 2011
I'd rather see new content than any re-do of older areas. I do like the suggestion about making trees and plants look a bit better.

Kitkat, i love your idea for a "sneak preview" so potential members can see that it's not just a little kid game.

Survivor
Mar 22, 2012
I hate Dragonspyre! Sorry!

I would put more trees or outdoors scenery. The story is so good but I totally dread that world. Feels long and... ugly.

Also Pigswick is beautiful! BUT there are teachers there but no spell rewards. I think it would be totally GREAT to finally graduate for a reason

Otherwise, great work! Each new world gets better

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
Kitkat8170 on Mar 17, 2017 wrote:
This may be a bit late, but I would like to add a recommendation to possibly consider. I feel that implementing an area into the game in Wizard City that allows free-to-play players a glimpse at the final product more clearly. This can be implemented in many ways, and by no means am I suggesting anything specific, but I think now is the time to let new players know a little more about what is on the other side of the door. With the addition of many new worlds, the addition of adding more complex and interesting game mechanics, and of course with the concept of shadow magic, I feel it is way overdue, but, I feel that if I don't mention it now, then I'll regret it later on. I don't think you really need to implement some huge explanation of what your getting in the final product, but handing the new player at a certain point when they have finished all the free to play areas a deck with perhaps Celestia, Zafaria, or even Azteca spells in a pre-determined deck set like a tutorial setup would show what the game is really capable of. Showing the player that more complex game mechanics are in the game before they reach out their credit card would be a really nice addition to the game.
What if Lady Oriel had a talent exhibition in her arena? After completing the final free quest, whichever NPC you report to could ask if you've received your invitation to the program and tell you to just run down to the arena to see if they're selling tickets at the door.

The program should be easily update-able - to include future worlds or spells.
It could be a cartoon video trailer (but it would have to be hosted on a Wizard101 site - since a lot of kids are "whitelisted" forbidding transfer to YouTube. Or it could be a series of exhibition duels between characters from the other worlds playing their level magic. Or a dueling contest of some kind. There are probably a million ways to do it.

Administrator
These are some great ideas, folks! I can definitely say some of these things have been mentioned on our long term planning list at some point. Thanks, as always, for taking the time to respond. A new FF shall be appearing in mere moments!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea