Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 3-10-17

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Hello Wizards! It's Friday, once again, and we all know what that means, right?

This week, let's talk about renovations. If you could change one area of Wizard City, what would you change and how would it look once you were done? Would you spruce up Golem Tower? Upgrade the shopping district? Give the Headmaster's office a makeover? We're curious to know what you would choose!

Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!Save

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
It would be nice if the signs outside all shops were lit up a little bit? It can be hard to see where things are until you are right in front of it.

Maybe street signs or different colors of lanes to denote different types of shops in that lane.
Anything that made the shopping areas look a bit brighter might be nice.

I realize it is a medieval look but we don't know that shop keepers didn't try to brighten and beautify things :)

Or even to put a candle near the sign so it can be read easier.

Maybe it can be cheated a bit by just brightening the lettering. We can pretend the sun or moon light is glancing off it.

Survivor
Jan 27, 2009
I would love for there to be a way to restore the death school to its rightful place in ravenwood

Mastermind
Nov 27, 2013
I would add a pet rescue and adoption center to the Pet Pavilion where unwanted pets could be put up for adoption. They would be neutered for no charge before being adopted out. It would cost a few crowns to put your pet for adoption, and the proceeds would benefit a no-kill pet shelter in Austin Texas.

Survivor
Dec 14, 2013
I would make Triton Avenue longer
I would add like a secret boss for exalted level or something that's not skeleton key like Gladiator Dimachareus Revenge or Something

I would add a tower that's after Harvest Lord with a Death Boss that can use Death Blade, Dragon Blade, Death Trap, Ghoul, Banshee, Dark Sprite, and would be able to gain power pips with like a 3% chance. And a mini boss that drops a Permanent 20% Speed Mount.

Why Triton Avenue? Cause it's a free to play area and people can't farm lord nightshade for prestigious items, so maybe giving a ftp area a good farming place would be decent.

Hope you liked my opinion, I know this probably wont go into the game, but I like sharing my opinion.

Also for Triton Avenue I would also add a wood key room with a lvl 10 boss so it isn't lvl 20 minimum for keys.

Survivor
Sep 04, 2008
The Commons: Essentially a players first impression of the game. It has old outdated models/graphics and isn't up to par with the newer worlds that KI has been pumping out.

How Would I Change IT?
Throw some of that Pigswick flair into Wizard City/The Commons. I love the whole design of Pigswick. The streets, the school classrooms, the Library (Love their library), the school dorm room, the shops, the headmistress's office etc. I could go on and on about how well designed I think Pigswick is. I think if you guys just updated the graphics and made The Commons/Wizard City feel and look more like Pigswick you guys would be good to go!

Sorry if this wasn't much help in terms of specific ideas that could be implemented!

Mastermind
Feb 07, 2010
I would make it so the Royal Palace in Crab Alley doesn't have a sigil at the front door, and the throne room is non-instanced. The fight with King Amadeo would be moved to behind one of the doors to the side of the room, with a sigil placed in front of it. He deserves to be repeatable.

Defender
Jun 04, 2014
On one of the streets, (probably Unicorn Way would make the most sense), line both sides with trees that contain leaves that change with the seasons. The trees would not have to extend along the entire street - maybe one main section, but they would definitely appear on both sides. Alternately, maybe extend Unicorn Way and add a new section which is a forest. In the forest would perhaps be a few unicorns. The forest trees would also have leaves that would change with the seasons. So for example, during the fall months (maybe September- November), the leaves would be many colors. Then from November-January, the leaves would start to fall off until there were none. Then in Spring months, there would be buds leading back to full leaves again by Summer. The season period would be based on where KingsIsle is located, but the tree / leaves pattern would follow four seasons.

Champion
Mar 25, 2011
Professor Falmea on Mar 10, 2017 wrote:

This week, let's talk about renovations. If you could change one area of Wizard City, what would you change and how would it look once you were done? Would you spruce up Golem Tower? Upgrade the shopping district? Give the Headmaster's office a makeover? We're curious to know what you would choose!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!Save
One particular place I am found of is the design of the Wizard City Library.
You are able to look down the halls of the library, showing extremely tall bookshelves and never ending paths between them. Unfortunately they are blocked off by rope stands .
Maybe there is an eerie backstory to why it was closed off to students? If not, could there be some sort of boss fight put in there? It would be funny if it dropped all the variations of the grimoire pets. (The pets that look like magical books!)
Even just adding small, little tables, chairs or maybe some bean bag cushions could really make the library more popular and even create a new area for wizards to meet up and hang out.
Ooo! How about adding a couple books on the shelves or tables that wizards can read, just like the ones in each of the schools. Short little fables on Bartleby's children or yearbooks of the first class of wizards!

Hope to see you all in the Spiral!

Nathan GreenEyes 120 PvP Commander
Nathan GreenEyes 110 Couch Potato Hoarder
Nathan GreenEyes 106+ Hot in more ways than one (lol)
(Currently questing through Polaris, join me!)
Ryan HexPyre 104 Always Dying

Delver
Jun 14, 2016
Survivor
Jun 08, 2012
I would spruce up the Commons to make it look more exciting! I mean it's the Commons, it needs to feel more like a hub of activity and less like the irrelevant distant memory it's beginning to feel like with so many other worlds that have been added after it. Going back to the Commons should just feel more magical to keep up with the enchantment of the more current content.

Survivor
May 01, 2009
I think the balance school should be added back to wizard city whether it be hidden or in Ravenwood. Another thing is having a quest or something else that lets players go down the blocked hallways in the library. Also sprucing up golem court because it looks plain.

Survivor
Mar 11, 2013
I'd like all of wizard city's graphics and design made to show new wizards how nice the game is.

Survivor
Jul 18, 2012
I personally would like to see a slight revamp of the Bazaar mechanics. One of my least favorite things to do is to wait around, waiting for a rare item like Sunstones to come up. I personally think a "Refresh" button should be added so you don't have to be cycling through each category to get back and reload the items. One annoying thing as well are that, a lot of the no auction items just aren't that good. Typically, most items are mediocre at best, like most mid-late game Athames. Also, why is there a button for school Treasure Cards, when I don't even think you can obtain any of them.

Survivor
Mar 16, 2012
I would like to see the death school put back to rights. We've fixed one of Malistaire's mistakes and put him and Sylvia to rest, it would be nice to see something else he did undone. Who knows what exactly was in that spot before Malistaire dropped the death school there. Maybe a new dungeon? *wink wink*

I'd also like to see a few more games added to the pet pavilion. It get's a wee bit tiresome playing the same games over and over and over. That or replace the gobbler game and ninja pig game with something else. You almost never seen anybody play those because they are a bit difficult and time consuming. We wizards are busy people!

Maybe update the jewel craft shop with new recipes or something? It seems a little sad that she has a whole shop to herself but her only importance is a small quest and a few low level recipes.

Defender
Mar 04, 2012
The Library you know that door that's at the top of the stairs I'd make it so you can go in there it would be a small reading room where you could learn the history and secrets of the spiral or I'd add some flowers to unicorn way it really needs some flowers

Survivor
Nov 17, 2008
I feel it would be interesting to turn the Golem Tower into something of "clockwork" style. It woud mean to update the first contact wizards have with the world, and it would renovate the experience for both former and new players.
The area I feel could be upgraded without relocating NPCs would be Ravenwood. I always loved how in Pirate101 each class has its building adapted to the "personality" of the class itself, and it is something I miss in Ravenwood. The Arcanum followed this approach, so it would be nice to update the buildings and its interiors to the "personality" and thematics of the different schools of magic, which would make Ravenwood even a more beautiful area.

Survivor
Jul 04, 2009
I'd love to see more Holiday decorations during each Holiday in the commons. Maybe make it look a little spookier during Halloween and snow during Christmas. That would be awesome to see! There are so many Holidays, but seeing stuff like that each year would be awesome.

Survivor
Aug 09, 2009
I would make one of the houses light up and there would be Eloise Merryweather's sister in that house. She should be able to stitch mounts so people can have fun mounts with the stats still.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Visual change
Teleporters in colossus boulevard. That is a LONG run to get to the end of the lane. There's already been daily rewards that require you running almost to the end and the very end. Even with the fastest mounts it's a very long way. Here's where I'd put them:

1) a teleport stone in the area of Greebly's Garrison
2) the teleport hub by mindy pixiecrown
3) a teleport stone at Briskbreeze tower
4) a teleport stone in Hildreth Pirch

The teleport hub could really go by Mindy or Briskbreeze. This was just an example.

Operational change
All drops should be level appropriate. I cant tell you how many times I was fishing there and got a level 5 wand. That shouldnt happen in a level locked area. Further, I would remove the spell drop, sacred charge, from the DM gold key boss. Why? Because a rank 4 spell shouldnt require a rank 10 dungeon. The boss should stay, and her gear drops should stay the same, just remove the spell drop and place it in a lower level-required area. With the change of drops, I would also make it so you can't port into darkmoor unless you're level 100 and unlocked the area yourself. DM is a L100 area, so anybody under than shouldnt be able to port there

Survivor
Oct 08, 2013
I wish their was an area in pet pavilion where you could gift pets.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
What about Teleport Hubs like there are in other worlds? The teleport station can be placed maybe in Old Town?most new players don't have and can't afford mounts and it's time consuming to travel by foot from one end of Wizard city to the next while doing quests.

Champion
Feb 06, 2010
Professor Falmea on Mar 10, 2017 wrote:

I would have the Professor's towers look more themed in the style for the specific professor.

You know, like where they came from and what not.

Survivor
Jun 16, 2008
The Fairegrounds. I would change the Fairegrounds into a "rental party spot" (crowns or gold and wizs could contribute to fund the party). The Carousel would work (wizs could ride it); the tents would each hold traditional Carnival games (multiple wizs could compete against each other); there would be "temporary" food and balloons that wizs can carry around, but disappear in one hour; there would be a small stage for any wiz who wants to juggle, do a special dance, play an instrument or do magic tricks (these are skills we learn through quests); and a booth to get a temporary face painting (disappears in 1 hour).

Survivor
Mar 17, 2012
I think more portal's are desperately needed, I don't know about anyone else but when I started playing wizard101

I actually left the game because of all the time consuming running in the game, My friend told me it gets better so I came back and played and found it to get better as we went along, but still very time consuming. I have been playing for a very long time now, and have new wizards that I started and sometimes just dread having to do it all over again to lvl them up, but if there were more portals I would not mind to continue my wizards, and I do believe that more new players would come in to the game and stay should there be more portals more game play and less running around.