Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Shaman's Lore Pack (Is it worth it?)

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 15, 2015
Honestly, I've spent an insane amount of money on this pack, probably enough for KI to put in a new expansion. It's ridiculous the low rate that these spells have. I understand no getting the one I want (Wintermoon), but I haven't got a single spell. If the spell was in the crown shop for 100k crowns I'd spend less money buying it than buying the packs. I just don't understand how something is so evasive. I would understand if I bought maybe 10k or 20k crowns and blew them all on the same pack, but no. I've spent well over 100k on one pack looking for a spell that I still don't have. Is it easier just to farm the loremaster? Or is the pack glitched? Cause I don't understand what's going on.

Champion
Mar 25, 2011
Orion2029 on Mar 10, 2017 wrote:
Honestly, I've spent an insane amount of money on this pack, probably enough for KI to put in a new expansion. It's ridiculous the low rate that these spells have. I understand no getting the one I want (Wintermoon), but I haven't got a single spell. If the spell was in the crown shop for 100k crowns I'd spend less money buying it than buying the packs. I just don't understand how something is so evasive. I would understand if I bought maybe 10k or 20k crowns and blew them all on the same pack, but no. I've spent well over 100k on one pack looking for a spell that I still don't have. Is it easier just to farm the loremaster? Or is the pack glitched? Cause I don't understand what's going on.
That's really bad luck. Over 100k crowns?! Yikes!

The drop rates for spells are absolutely low and random for both loremaster and packs alike. No one could tell you if loremaster is easier, it's just another way of obtaining it.

Honestly, most people just end up crafting the spells. It's the most surefire way to get them.

And I'm not going to get involved with how you should spend your crowns but hope your luck turns around with whatever you decide to do from here on out.

Hope to see you all in the Spiral!
Nathan GreenEyes 120 PvP Commander
Nathan GreenEyes 110 Couch Potato Hoarder
Nathan GreenEyes 105+ Hot in more ways than one (lol)
(Currently questing through Polaris, join me!)
Ryan HexPyre 104 Always Dying

Squire
May 10, 2013
Orion2029 on Mar 10, 2017 wrote:
This isn't really going to solve the "glitch" of the low drop rates of Shaman's Lore Pack for spells, but if you have so much time to open packs, just craft Winter Moon instead, and since you spend a lot of money on crowns, even if your not a member, you can still do tournaments to get amber.

-PlayHard

PS - If your going for the spell just from the pack, good luck