Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

An idea for X pip spells.

AuthorMessage
Defender
Oct 24, 2012
Did you ever want to use that Judgement or Tempest, but not want to waste ALL of your pips? well this would allow you to Select the amount of pips you use out of your current pips, and do the damage accordingly.
Or maybe those minions, Animate, troll minion, and Cyclops minion. You would be able to choose which minion you summon, out of all of your pips, I know this would make Animate more common in death pvp.
Let's not forget about Dryad, you would be able to heal with the amount of pips you WANT to use, so you don't waste them all.
Just my thoughts, let me know what you think!!!

Champion
Jun 26, 2009
I've seen this idea mentioned before, but it is still a great idea.

I'd love not to use every single pip when casting Dryad, so I can possibly follow up with another spell the following round.

Not sure they will adjust it but I would certainly like it if they did.

Defender
Oct 24, 2012
Leicrex on Mar 7, 2017 wrote:
Did you ever want to use that Judgement or Tempest, but not want to waste ALL of your pips? well this would allow you to Select the amount of pips you use out of your current pips, and do the damage accordingly.
Or maybe those minions, Animate, troll minion, and Cyclops minion. You would be able to choose which minion you summon, out of all of your pips, I know this would make Animate more common in death pvp.
Let's not forget about Dryad, you would be able to heal with the amount of pips you WANT to use, so you don't waste them all.
Just my thoughts, let me know what you think!!!
This would also have an option you can set to automatically use all the pips you have, for the people that like it how it is.

Champion
Mar 25, 2011
I like this!

Now that I think about it, even if they would potentially become more spammable in PvP situations, they would technically still be weaker than spells worth the same amount of pips in terms of the damage spells and dryad.

(Heckhound is exempt from this observation as it is a damage over time and therefore, if the target has resist, it affects each tic of the overtime.)

Examples:

4 pip Tempest = 320 < 520-580 Kraken
4 pip Snowball Barrage = 340 < 335-395 Wyvern
4 pip Heckhound = 540 > 300-345 Meteor Strike
4 pip Judgement = 400 < 365,440,550 Spectral Blast
4 pip Dryad = 800 < 860 Satyr
4 pip Cyclops Minion = Not Applicable
4 pip Animate = Not Applicable

Being able to chose which minion you want to summon would be really great for Death and Myth PvPers, I'd think!

Nice pitch! I really think it would work!

Hope to see you all in the Spiral!
Nathan GreenEyes 120 PvP Commander
Nathan GreenEyes 110 Couch Potato Hoarder
Ryan HexPyre 104 Always Dying
Nathan GreenEyes 100+ Hot in more ways than one (lol)
(Currently questing through Khrysalis, join me!)

Delver
Mar 10, 2015
I would love to see X pip staff spells (Like a card). This would be like a natural attack for wizards depending on your class, and staff look.

Survivor
Jan 24, 2014
Hey Laire sorry for being on the wrong board, but I saw your poised Medusa and I'm really interested! I'm really in need since all my myth pets failed. I'm on tomorrow from 3-5:30 pm EST

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
a variable pip cost isnt a bad idea. They're already in the game, but sporadically on the players' side. They're all over the place on the monster's side with their natural attacks

Keep in mind, that these types of spells should NOT be considered Xpip spells. X-pip has a specific implication; I can use however many pips I want to on this spell. These have a set cost range so we should think of these more of an X-Y, or XY pip spell for two reasons. First of all, it more accurately reflects what it does, and second, it would keep the two types of spells separate and easy to specify. Storm and Fire schools would have 3 non pip specific costing spells (storm with supercharge and tempest and fire with backdraft and heckhound).