Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Should i be scared?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 07, 2011
The story is as follows
I was questing on my baby level 12 necromancer, on Collossus Boulevard, and i got into a mob fight with 2 more wizards. I was talking on the phone and my turn expired, so my character passed without taking any actions. One of the guys died and then proceeded to threaten me. I clearly remember him saying "Why didn't you attack, you are the reason why i died noob" then came the interesting part: "My uncle is builder man, just you wait:. I don;t really know what that means but i think he threatened me in some way? I alt-tabbed the game frequently during that time because i had to look up something for the person who called me on the phone, so i saw his messages pretty late. I just replied with a "huh?" then the battle ended and since he died, hedissapeared.

My interpretation was that he claimed that his uncle works for KI and will get me banned? Is that even possible?

Mastermind
Oct 21, 2013
Lol.

You won't get banned. That guy was probably just lying. Even if his uncle does work for KI then you won't banned. Getting banned for just passing a turn without casting a spell isn't something that will ever get anyone banned.

Don't worry about it. Some people just say really big lies for a really small problem.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
It's an empty threat, don't worry about it.

Though you're feeling guilty because of the phone call, keep in mind that the game sometimes lags or glitches while we're in battle and we can legitimately be frozen out of responding during our turn. That's why missing a turn is not a violation of KI terms of service - and also why his threat is as empty as a Gobbler's belly.

Sorry you encountered a rude wizard.

Alia Misthaven

Squire
Jan 21, 2010
Of course it isn't possible. It was just some child throwing a tantrum.

Survivor
May 09, 2015
You wouldn't get banned for passing a turn, he was just being toxic it is best to ignore these kind of people in game.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
You might consider contacting support (bottom of page - 'contact us') and let them know what happened. Tell them as much as you can remember: where, when, which wizard you were on, and what happened.

The other player threatened you for something that is just a normal part of game play. You have a right to pass your turn or it would not be allowed in the game. Also most gamers realize 'real life happens' and do not react that way.

Also blaming you for whatever happened to him wasn't cool. Passing one turn should not have killed him if he was playing at all well himself.

Champion
Mar 05, 2012
Sorry, but I have a different take.

Nothing more frustrating then when a random team player goes AFK and expects others to do the work (you pulled in extra mobs by joining).

You should say AFK for next round if something comes up, we all do that.

Too many people these days join fights and expect others to finish it for them.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
SilverbackMonkey on Mar 7, 2017 wrote:

Nothing more frustrating then when a random team player goes AFK and expects others to do the work (you pulled in extra mobs by joining).

Yet, that wasn't his intent, he would have hit, if he had been aware of the circumstances. ( Don't tell me it has never happened on your end. You should be more forgiving. )
If that wizard was defeated the next round, he would have been defeated whether the player joined or not. He was just blaming the poster for his own failure.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016

Passing one turn is not being AFK, and no one knows why someone went AFK. Maybe they had a real life emergency pop up. It happens. There is something in gaming called "The law of babies" i.e. if someone's children need them, they might have to go away from computer for a little bit, to take care of the ouchy or whatever it was.

People pass a turn because they did not have a suitable card or because they are trying to gain another pip to attack. So passing a turn does not always even mean the person went away from their desk.
I had someone join my circle the other day, on a 'daily' quest, and didn't mind as much because they at least joined from the start. I figured OK they added an enemy but will fight with me. Well they passed the entire time. (Their health and level were as high or higher than mine btw.) I didn't much care - it was an easy bunch of enemies. (I did port out of there immediately afterward without any chatter but then the most they had said was to return a "hi" anyway so I doubt that they cared.)

My point is that yes there are also people who want others to 'do all the work' (or so it might seem) but it usually is not worth being upset about (at least, to me. We all have different pet peeves.)

It could also be, and I thought this at the time, that they have a hard time gaming because they are differently abled; or they are tired or tire easily; or they just wanted or needed a rest for a moment and wanted a random person to provide that for them. I've been trying to work on my patience a lot lately because we never really know what the other person is going through.

Now at the same time - there are times it does feel like 'being trolled' and it's understandable to get annoyed at that type of thing. But in that case they won't care we are upset anyway. It's their motivation. But we can't really know which for sure.

If you join a team up for a dungeon and someone is acting up or refuses to play, you have every right to flee. I'd warn them, first.

Defender
Apr 06, 2013

It's just a game you know and there are real important takes outside of the real world to worry about, such as emergency, etc. I do agree though that many people now join others and expect the first person to finish the battle.

Alejandro

Champion
Mar 05, 2012
anecorbie on Mar 8, 2017 wrote:
Yet, that wasn't his intent, he would have hit, if he had been aware of the circumstances. ( Don't tell me it has never happened on your end. You should be more forgiving. )
If that wizard was defeated the next round, he would have been defeated whether the player joined or not. He was just blaming the poster for his own failure.
No, it hasn't happened on my end.
If real life calls, I always let the other players know I am afk for a moment; that is common courtesy in game play.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
SilverbackMonkey on Mar 9, 2017 wrote:
If real life calls, I always let the other players know I am afk for a moment; that is common courtesy in game play.
So, you've never got pulled accidentally into any mob battle and you've never had to pass a turn for any reason?
This is what I meant.

Defender
Apr 06, 2013
SilverbackMonkey on Mar 9, 2017 wrote:
So lets say your parents or some family member runs into your room or wherever you play w101 and that person says that you need to quickly leave the place as there is a bomb about to explode in a few seconds. You wouldn't put the time into typing that you would out running cause the time you did that, you would be dead. You might say that impossible or absurd, but there are many serious emergencies that can happen to you. Would you basically put your life on the end just to inform other players in a game that you would be afk for the moment? No really cares much if you don't do anything or tell them if your afk, they would still continue on their battle, etc.

Alejandro

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
People pass a turn for all types of innocent reasons. Sometimes it's strategic too such as gaining a pip.

The main thing is the other player wasn't in the right, to lash out at them or to blame them for losing. One turn should not matter that much, and even if it did, blaming one player isn't good sportsmanship.
If they felt the person slacked on purpose for some reason, the other player could simply choose not to battle with them in the future.

Defender
Jan 30, 2014
My take.

Don't be scared. There's lots of things people can get angry about and this one shouldn't be a problem. There's road rage, anger issues, trolling, and cussing, but him threatening you is the end of the line depending how old you are. If you are younger, inform your parents and they can contact KI. I have run into numerous people who pass a lot due to their cards not showing (my fire dragons never show up ), as silly to gain a pip/power pip, or keep their mana up for their big attack. I don't think you should be scared, but it is okay to be, as threatening online is not okay. Passing is a part of the game as well, you cannot be banned for playing the game. KI set a time limit, so if you pass involuntarily it's simply the game. And if that isn't enough, whether he was a higher level or not, you have a huge right to report him. AND!- he should get to health jewels or clothes if he doesn't want to die. I mean seriously, I have 2637 health because I want to stay alive. Or maybe, TRY HEALING! OMG welcome to the new age where saytrs, sprites, and pixies exist (I myself only heal at 600 or less...)!

Bottom line, don't get scared from some kid who wanted to win a battle rather than live life. You could have been in a rl emergency but some will never understand that.

See you in the spiral! (seriously I pound threateners to a pulp in PvP [DIEEE])

Alexis