Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Broom Mounts

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Feb 03, 2010
So as part of the Throwback Thursday event, I decided to buy the 3 mounts that came for gold:
The White Mare
The Faithful Dragoness
The Purple Glider

Something struck me about the last one, the Purple Glider. This is probably the most trivial thing I could have made a post about, but I'm kinda confused.

Was the Purple Glider made after the other brooms?

I say this because it is different in a few regards. For one, the broom at the end is actually open, rather the other two mounts having it tied up. (I checked with my Horned Sweeper) Right above the broom, there is a cyan and purple feather lining that reminded me of the Aztecan clothing, and the other brooms don't have this. The last difference I noticed is the shaft. The shaft is a darker shade of wood than the other two brooms.

My favorite mount-type is the brooms, and I am excited to use this for its' uniqueness, but I'm just curious since I spotted these differences.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Cody Lighthunter on Feb 24, 2017 wrote:
So as part of the Throwback Thursday event, I decided to buy the 3 mounts that came for gold:
The White Mare
The Faithful Dragoness
The Purple Glider

Something struck me about the last one, the Purple Glider. This is probably the most trivial thing I could have made a post about, but I'm kinda confused.

Was the Purple Glider made after the other brooms?

I say this because it is different in a few regards. For one, the broom at the end is actually open, rather the other two mounts having it tied up. (I checked with my Horned Sweeper) Right above the broom, there is a cyan and purple feather lining that reminded me of the Aztecan clothing, and the other brooms don't have this. The last difference I noticed is the shaft. The shaft is a darker shade of wood than the other two brooms.

My favorite mount-type is the brooms, and I am excited to use this for its' uniqueness, but I'm just curious since I spotted these differences.

The Purple Glider was implemented about the same time as the other brooms. I have one Purple Glider on each account. I have several mounts on both accounts but each of my 12 wizards prefer their brooms... IMO, I think they are easier to maneuver, especially in tight areas or around corners.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
The Purple Glider was one of the first mounts, along with the Enchanted Broom and the Dragon broom (can't remember the exact name). That was the first mount I ever bought. For some reason, KI phased out the Purple Glider years ago, but they bring it back now and again for special sales.

I agree with DragonLady about how smooth and easy the broom mounts are for getting around tight corners. Alia is still riding her Purple Glider even after all these years....

Alia Misthaven