Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Open chat taken away

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Oct 21, 2013
Hello. I am posting this on behalf of my friend because she is a crowns player and doesn't have the option to post on here.

I clearly remember her having open chat, so does she. When she logged in for the first time yesterday, she experienced a very laggy game. She lost connection every 10 minutes or so. Because it was so annoying she decided to call it quits for the time being. A few hours later, she logged in again. Her game was working fine. But she noticed the feature of Open chat missing. No, she was not muted. She just had text chat.

She has checked her emails to see if KI has sent something regarding her doing or saying something for the feature of open chat to be removed.

Also, can the feature be taken away from players leaving them with text chat only?

Defender
Nov 10, 2015
Its possible she was hacked. If so you should contact customer support not post on the message boards.

Survivor
Jun 08, 2012
Mirajane7887 on Feb 21, 2017 wrote:
Hello. I am posting this on behalf of my friend because she is a crowns player and doesn't have the option to post on here.

I clearly remember her having open chat, so does she. When she logged in for the first time yesterday, she experienced a very laggy game. She lost connection every 10 minutes or so. Because it was so annoying she decided to call it quits for the time being. A few hours later, she logged in again. Her game was working fine. But she noticed the feature of Open chat missing. No, she was not muted. She just had text chat.

She has checked her emails to see if KI has sent something regarding her doing or saying something for the feature of open chat to be removed.

Also, can the feature be taken away from players leaving them with text chat only?
All i can think is someone was a jerk (I Dont Know who)
Took away her open chat.

Mastermind
Oct 21, 2013
That's how things seem to be at the moment. She noticed some items missing. She's sent a mail to KI about the current situation. This post can now be locked since we've figured out whatever's been going on.

Thank you for your responses.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Mirajane7887 on Feb 21, 2017 wrote:

Even though your friend is a crowns player, she can still log in and check her account settings by using Master Password. It is possible that something happened to turn off Open chat. Otherwise, your friend needs to contact support which can be done from this site.