Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

most unlucky thing that happened to you

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jul 18, 2014
I want to know what the worst thing that happened to you in the game was.
Glitches don't count.

Survivor
Oct 20, 2012
Well, I was questing with a group in Azteca and one of the people in the group was a max wizard, so we were powering through bosses and quests. Then, there was a boss where we had to stand on the sigil, and I didn't get on in time.

So I teleported to one of them and got into the battle. We did it, but it didn't count because I didn't trigger the dialogue that plays when you enter a boss' chamber. They left me behind, and I got stuck there :/

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
Fred death on Feb 24, 2017 wrote:
Well, I was questing with a group in Azteca and one of the people in the group was a max wizard, so we were powering through bosses and quests. Then, there was a boss where we had to stand on the sigil, and I didn't get on in time.

So I teleported to one of them and got into the battle. We did it, but it didn't count because I didn't trigger the dialogue that plays when you enter a boss' chamber. They left me behind, and I got stuck there :/
Ugh, I hate when things like that happen! On more than one occasion I've had to redo dungeons because of something similar. Ruined Alcazar is one place that caught me a couple of times because often I quest on a two person mount. When you use the teleporters to get to the out islands, the passenger has to press X on the teleporter as well as the "driver" otherwise progress in the dungeon never starts.

Other times it's been inside a dungeon. Most of the dungeons in this game automatically apply progress as long as one person interacts with an NPC or item in the dungeon, while others require each player to individually interact with at least one NPC or item. More than once that's caught me thinking I had completed a dungeon only to realize I have to redo the entire dungeon because I hadn't completed the final interaction with one of my wizards. Eclipse Tower Right is one that caught me a couple times, having a wizard forget to use the Moon Shrine after another wizard did.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
I love this story because it's just sooo unlucky! I died to an unblocked critical hit............... while having 8 sprite HoTs spinning around me. My pet went bananas with the healing, and it STILL wasnt enough lol Had I blocked that critical, I would have been up to about 3/4 health the next round even with a DoT or two on me

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Unlucky vs annoying. I will stay on topic :)

Unlucky is when I was first using a minion for one wizard. It was a hard battle. I was down to just a little bit of health.

The minion kept healing itself instead of my wizard.

Finally it was down to me and the monster with just a bit of health each. I really counted on the minion to heal me or for the monster to fizzle or anything like that.

Well, the minion healed its fully healthy self again. The monster attacked. And my wizard was sent back to the courtyard.

Lol
But it's just a game so I left it to finish another day.

Explorer
Dec 08, 2010
I've never finished the last two Aquila dungeons, as every single time I go someone bails at the very beginning or deep in, thus soiling our efforts.

Survivor
Jan 12, 2009
Pet may cast triggered Berserk on me just before I was trying to cast Triton, (after my opponent put feint). Buuuut I lagged just a hair ended up casting insane bolt and crit on that to myself. Long story short, did you know 85 Storm CAN'T survive +42,000 damage no matter how hard or much you say "No, no, no, no, no, NO!!!"

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
xombotany on Mar 4, 2017 wrote:
Pet may cast triggered Berserk on me just before I was trying to cast Triton, (after my opponent put feint). Buuuut I lagged just a hair ended up casting insane bolt and crit on that to myself. Long story short, did you know 85 Storm CAN'T survive +42,000 damage no matter how hard or much you say "No, no, no, no, no, NO!!!"
oh man, this made me laugh!! And I feel sorry for you all in the same instance. It was the whole "No, no, no, no, no, NO!!!" that did it. yeah, we've ALL had those "No, no, no, no, no, NO!!!" instances

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
SparkleTude on Feb 26, 2017 wrote:
Unlucky vs annoying. I will stay on topic :)

Unlucky is when I was first using a minion for one wizard. It was a hard battle. I was down to just a little bit of health.

The minion kept healing itself instead of my wizard.

Finally it was down to me and the monster with just a bit of health each. I really counted on the minion to heal me or for the monster to fizzle or anything like that.

Well, the minion healed its fully healthy self again. The monster attacked. And my wizard was sent back to the courtyard.

Lol
But it's just a game so I left it to finish another day.
What's worse is that you pay crowns for a Life Henchman and they just keep healing their self ( and they aren't injured. )

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
anecorbie on Mar 4, 2017 wrote:
What's worse is that you pay crowns for a Life Henchman and they just keep healing their self ( and they aren't injured. )
Yes!! Lol

That happened just a day or two ago.

Or when I overestimate the enemy in the upcoming battle, so I get a high level henchman (usually because I'm tired or in a hurry, but want to get this one thing done), and then I never need them. Or they shield themselves but never hit.
Healing themselves endlessly is kind of funny because it's like "hey! over here! 'member me?!"