Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Boosting instead of resisting!? In darkmoor...

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 14, 2010
Im a champion diviner farming malistaire for my hat and robe... Can anyone please help me i have been wondering for quite some time now why is it that everytime i do darkmoor when a boss or minion hits me i have a boost on that school i dont resist like others i boost! i have checked my gear many times! Could it be jewels? I am so frustrated it only happens in darkmoor someone please help me... I die so fast because of that incoming boost... I just dont get it and i have asked other wizards but they dont know why cause it never happened to them... So yea help me please???

Survivor
Jul 20, 2009
It could possibly be that the bosses natural pierce mixed with either spears, or other pierce giving spells like Infallible, or Shrike pierce through all your resist. I am pretty sure that when a boss pierces through all of a wizards resist they can boost to you.

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
You'll find that enemies in Darkmoor have high levels of pierce, so your normal resist is lowered. Also some bosses resist differently than the expected opposite school resists. You'll find that in Mirage as well (example: death enemies that resist life damage)