Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Open chat

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 20, 2009
Hey all, I was just wondering, since I just hit the big 17 mark, next year when I turn 18 will I be able to activate open chat on my primary account? I made my account in 2009 and at the time was only 9. I was just wondering does the account age based on the original date stated when I made the account. So what I am trying to say is next year the account should say 18, and I have my credit card on the account, does that mean I can activate the open chat option? Thanks to who it concerns :)

Mastermind
Oct 21, 2013
By the looks of things you should be able to enable open chat on your account next year.

And Happy Belated 17th Birthday

Delver
Jan 17, 2013
StormyZillas on Feb 18, 2017 wrote:
Hey all, I was just wondering, since I just hit the big 17 mark, next year when I turn 18 will I be able to activate open chat on my primary account? I made my account in 2009 and at the time was only 9. I was just wondering does the account age based on the original date stated when I made the account. So what I am trying to say is next year the account should say 18, and I have my credit card on the account, does that mean I can activate the open chat option? Thanks to who it concerns :)
You will never get open chat on that account. It is illegal for Kingsisle to store your age if you are 12 or younger, so there is basically no age even stored in your account. Therefore, when you entered 9 when you first started, it was never stored.

Survivor
Mar 18, 2012
You should be able to enable it, Happy 17th by the way :D.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
It doesn't work that way.

Just because you will be 18, KI does not track the birth date you entered when you started playing. Your account NEVER ages.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
4806 on Feb 19, 2017 wrote:
You should be able to enable it, Happy 17th by the way :D.
Sorry, but since he was only 9 at the time, it can not be enabled. KI does not track birth dates on any player.

Defender
Jul 27, 2011
All these people are trying to discourage you from open chat and are so sure you'll never get it, when if you email KI directly when you're 18 for help, they'll help set it up for you I'm sure. I've never had issues when I emailed them directly, personally. So even if it's not possible on your end, doesn't mean they can't help you on their end.

Delver
Jan 17, 2013
DragonLady1818 on Feb 20, 2017 wrote:
It doesn't work that way.

Just because you will be 18, KI does not track the birth date you entered when you started playing. Your account NEVER ages.
Incorrect. Kingsisle only tracks the ages if your account is at least 13 years old. Your account DOES age, but only if you originally entered the age to be at least 13. Anything lower, then it will not age.

I know several people who had to wait years for their account age to be listed as 18 before they could enable open chat, and Kingsisle also admitted this to be true.

Mastermind
Oct 21, 2013
Oops! Sorry about this! I got a little mixed up with things and made a VERY SILLY math mistake.