Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Numbers in chat

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 27, 2009
How come we can't put numbers in the chat. I don't care if you block like more than 300 [maximum gold that you can hold] said. I just find this to be a nuisance ,but not a need to the game. Kingisle can you at least put some kind of way to describe numbers for asking the price of an item in the game ,or asking saying how many rounds until you attack. I could care less if you put it into the text chat ,but at least put it in some kind of chat. " I am going to attack in X rounds." and put digits up to 9 withing it's own section of the chat.But that's just my opinion ,and I am fine if I see good reasons [maybe kids trying to share personal information but you could only allow that for accounts that have the player's age past 21]

Historian
Jun 17, 2014
lucas Hexward on Feb 15, 2017 wrote:
How come we can't put numbers in the chat. I don't care if you block like more than 300 [maximum gold that you can hold] said. I just find this to be a nuisance ,but not a need to the game. Kingisle can you at least put some kind of way to describe numbers for asking the price of an item in the game ,or asking saying how many rounds until you attack. I could care less if you put it into the text chat ,but at least put it in some kind of chat. " I am going to attack in X rounds." and put digits up to 9 withing it's own section of the chat.But that's just my opinion ,and I am fine if I see good reasons [maybe kids trying to share personal information but you could only allow that for accounts that have the player's age past 21]
open chat can say any number they want, (18yrs+) and reason text chat can't is to deal with use of phone numbers being given out..... just use place values, first, second, third, fourth, fifth, sixth, etc.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
lucas Hexward on Feb 15, 2017 wrote:
KI does not allow numbers in text chat for many reasons. As @camahawk stated, phone numbers is just one of the reasons. When a person gives out certain bits of personal information, it almost always contains numbers. Young players don't stop to think about those things so KI has made it impossible to use numbers.

[maybe kids trying to share personal information but you could only allow that for accounts that have the player's age past 21]

Personal information is NOT ALLOWED at any age.

Delver
Mar 10, 2015
I think it makes no difference as people can still say numbers eg: third teen, twin tea ate, sick tea ninth, heaven tea for

Sinc people can either way avoid it why king isle bother to block it