Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Completing Areas

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 04, 2017
Hey guys,

So I was wondering, to complete an area in wizard 101 in wizard city e.g. Firecat Alley do you need to complete every side quests in the zone or just the story quests that takes place in there? Please let me know because my friends and I arnt too sure if we just have to do main story or every quest.

Thanks

Defender
Nov 10, 2015
In every world in every area you only have to do the storyline quests.

Delver
Jul 24, 2015
cole spellslinger on Feb 10, 2017 wrote:
In every world in every area you only have to do the storyline quests.
This is true for progression. Worlds also offer badges for completing all quests, including side quests.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
To advance rapidly through the game itself, you only need to do the main quests. However, the side quests often lead to additional xp, gold (from dropped gear you can sell), badges, access to more spells and, eventually, access to special school pets.

Starting at level 20 Grizzleheim is 'optional,' but in order to get some very handy advanced utility spells and school pets, you will need to complete Grizzleheim and most of Wintertusk even though they aren't part of the main storyline.

Hope that helps!

Alia Misthaven

Defender
Nov 05, 2010
Jesse Goldenpetal on Feb 9, 2017 wrote:
Hey guys,

So I was wondering, to complete an area in wizard 101 in wizard city e.g. Firecat Alley do you need to complete every side quests in the zone or just the story quests that takes place in there? Please let me know because my friends and I arnt too sure if we just have to do main story or every quest.

Thanks
You only have to do the main storyline but I would recommend doing the 2 side worlds; Grizzleheim and Wysteria.