Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pack Luck

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 23, 2009
Hey there Kingisle, this message is concerning you odds with a pack. I recently, and way before now, bought several of your wyvern hoard packs trying to pull a night wyvern to match my death wizard. I managed to pull a fire and gold wyvern but the problem is that I only kept packing fire wyvern after that. I have accumulated around 4 fire wyvern and 2 gold wyverns that I really have no use for with well over 20 fairy wings. I would really like to know if there was some sort of problem with the odds of the pack because I find it pretty peculiar that I couldn't pack any other type of wyvern besides those two. I have spent a good amount of money on the packs and feel pretty ripped off specially since I have been an active player for such a long time and have bought well over 200 packs. If you can help clarify this situation or see if this was actually was a glitch with the odds, it would help. Also, i would really like to know if there is ANY, and I mean any, way I could trade like 2-3 of those fire wyverns for a night or jade wyvern since it is equivalent exchange since they are all of the same rarity and I am not gaining anything extra, just getting a reskin of a similar mount. This would help compensate for the amount of money I spent on crowns trying so desperately to get just one thing. Thank you for you time and I hope everything turns out well.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
I wish we could do something with extras too.

I often get the same thing from a pack I purchased or from a treasure chest at the end of a boss battle.

That is a lot of money spent, crowns spent, on things that I cannot sell or trade.

Please let us craft with them or something. Maybe make our gear vaults bigger too and give us somewhere to store other things. (How many things can we store in an attic? I just remembered I haven't used my attics.)

It feels bad to waste money. I wouldn't mind, if we could sell them.

I have tried to find lists of what pets love and despite what some have told me (not here, anywhere) there are only partial lists online. The most I can glean is that the pet likes snacks from its own school. But what about non snack things like gear or furniture? I don't want to waste those if I have a pet who'd level up with it.

Can we not buy a manual for Kindle that lists exactly what pets love?

Mastermind
Oct 21, 2013
Thousands of players including myself have horrible luck with packs.
You can't really help it. What really makes you feel ripped of is you're spending real money on this stuff.

Its obvious it can't always be our luck. The game has something to do with it all. For now there isn't a solution to this problem apart from deal with it. Sounds harsh and it is. For everyone who has been let down after opening packs.

KI will never let us chose what we get from packs if we've been let down a thousand times but they can at least make us feel better by proving to us that our money didn't go down the drain for just lame pet snacks and housing items.

A way to do that is like you said, for example I get a Spirit school wand for level 110 but I need the Elemental wand.
Since i'm sure they're both worth the same we can exchange it. Everyone wins.

This idea will work great for packs that have school themed items. And you know you didn't waste your money. Might not have gotten the most out of everything but hey, you got something out of it and you didn't totally waste the money you spent.

But for now the next time you're buying packs, don't use up all of your crowns. Buy lets say 3 packs in a row, only trash? Leave it there and try again the next day.

KI sees players everyday with such problems but never seems to do anything about it. Time and money is spent on this game by players. None of this can be legit bought back but something that will let us know that it didn't go down the drain will let us feel less ripped off would be nice.