Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Having Trouble

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 05, 2011
I really hated Krokotopia the first time I did it 5 years ago, but now I'm really enjoying it. The only problem is that battles are too hard. I was level 16 when I started the place, why am I having trouble? I finished Colossus Boulevard and started Crab Alley. Does it help if I do Crab Alley first?

Survivor
Jun 05, 2009
Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
I was almost level 30 if I recall correctly when I did Kroko.

I still needed help with some of the bosses.

Do team ups where you can in Kroko.

I'd level up first with some optional quests or optional worlds before trying to tackle Kroko battles if you keep getting defeated (can't always do team ups.) If I had it to do over again I would hire a henchman or two because it would just be faster and more reliable. In one team up the people ran ahead so quickly I couldn't keep up, things like that. I finished it with them, but it was nerve racking.

There is a board somewhere else that lets people ask for help (free of charge, no gift payments.) But I don't remember where it is. Maybe someone else will.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
In Krokotopia you are fighting two at once, and they can hit you pretty hard. One thing that works for you is that they use a wide variety of spells, and it's usually three rounds before they start really throwing damage. So, during those first two rounds, put up some shields. You're Balance, so you can easily defend yourself with those triple shields that you should already have. The shields protect you as you're charging pips.

You might consider training in Life up to Sprite, just for now. Eventually you'll get a healing spell for Balance and then if you want to sell your Life training points back KingsIsle sometimes has times where they offer free training point buy-backs.

At level 16 you should have trained your Sandstorm spell, but it's not strong enough to kill most mobs in one go. Best plan is to hit with something smaller to either kill or severely weaken one mob. Heal with a Sprite if needed. Use your blade. Charge up pips and then use the Sandstorm to take him out and weaken the other mob. Heal again if needed and then use whatever is left to kill the second mob or boss.

A few rules to get you through boss battles:

Always kill the weakest one first.
Have a heal or two in your deck.
Pack shields & use them.
Pack blades & traps, use them.

Keep your spell deck small and trim - no more than one or two of most spells. Too many cards packed means you may wait forever for the one card you need. This is what my baby Balance has in her spell deck at level 17. She's carrying the Mummified deck and has Death as her second school.

2 Balance blades
2 Pixies
2 Sprites
3 Locust Swarms
2 Spirit shields
2 Elemental shields
3 Sandstorms
2 Dark Sprites
2 Ghouls

Notice, her deck is not full - the Mummified can hold up to 30 cards and she has packed only 20 cards. Her wand does 60 damage for 0 pips. She uses that to get rid of weaknesses & shields, or kill mobs that have just a tiny bit of health left.

Hope that helps,

Alia Misthaven

Survivor
Jul 23, 2016
Krokotopia is a fairly simple world, as long as you have your wizard set out somewhat strategically you should be alright ! :'))

First & foremost I would recommend completing all the Wizard City quests, even sidequests. If you do crab alley, col blvd., etc before heading to krok, you should have your wizard anywhere from lvl 15-17. I find sidequests to be helpful if you are in cases in which your friends aren't online frequently, etc.

Another suggestion would be to buy some shield treasure cards, and always check the bazaar for good gear. I cannot emphasize how much good gear can really give a good advantage in battle. As long as you spend some time looking through and taking about half an hour or so to organize / buy the best clothing + gear for your wizard, that will honestly set a huge advantage for your wizard. Many wizards who have a low level often spend their gold on useless items like housing, plants, etc. which aren't necessarily needed, whereas if gold were to be spent on gear, a overall more beneficial outcome would occur in battles / questing / etc.

a few additional simple tips to help as well !! ((': :

- Have healing cards maxed out to your full amount in your deck. If you don't need them in battle, you can always discard them anyways.

- Throw some shield treasure cards in your deck for bosses. It's always extremely beneficial to have these, and often come in handy when you don't have any significant cards to draw during a certain round or turn.

- Try finding some friends to assist you. Even if you're not close to someone, many people in w101 won't hesitate to agree to quest w/ someone.

- Do side quests if you're really concerned about your level. In many of the lower level worlds, side quests actually give a decent / plentiful amount of exp. These can really help just give a few of those needed quick level boosts.

Survivor
Jul 23, 2016
Eddgar123 on Mar 19, 2017 wrote:
can you help me on it i'm life so its hard for me
My main is a life wizard, and I breezed through krok within a matter of 2-3 days. As I mentioned in my earlier comment / reply to the main thread, there are significant factors of the game that you have to pay attention to, if you wish to lighten up your gameplay.

Survivor
Nov 16, 2016
I am having trouble going to krokosphinexs or how ever you say it I have the quest chill whispers from sargent tailboat and I still cant get in sorry about my spelling... from dat storm dude

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
dat storm guy on Jun 25, 2017 wrote:
I am having trouble going to krokosphinexs or how ever you say it I have the quest chill whispers from sargent tailboat and I still cant get in sorry about my spelling... from dat storm dude
First, what is your level and have you had any other quests that sent you to the Krokosphinx?

If you have not already been questing there, you won't be able to do that quest. Even though it is connected to the Lost Pages event, you still have to be questing in the area those quests are for. None of the Lost Pages quests will get you into any area or world you have not unlocked through normal questing.